PDA

View Full Version : Newbies at Christmastime

Pirate Girl
12-07-2003, 01:39 AM
I have two friends who are going to Disneyland and DCA at Christmas for the first time. Besides Beleive in Holiday magic and the Christmas Parade, what else do you guys think is the best to see in the Holiday spirit? They only have one day.

Morrigoon
12-07-2003, 02:14 AM
Small World Holiday and Mansion Holiday.

dlazechk
12-07-2003, 09:17 AM
we try to go every year for christmas.
if i had to go only one day, i would want to see everything big.
fantasmic, electric light parade, believe,
i would start at dl with the big rides that are not fp like matterhorn and peter pan.
then ij, sm, potc, jc and hm.
i would then cross over to dca and fp soarin', california screaming and millionaire.
if you are there at 7:30, IMHO and experience, this should take until 2 at which time you can work your way through the rest of DCA.
star tours in dl can be done after believe as well as the rest of fantasyland.

Chemmech
12-07-2003, 01:10 PM
What exactly is "Mansion Holiday?"

Cadaverous Pallor
12-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Chemmech
What exactly is "Mansion Holiday?" The full name is "Haunted Mansion Holiday". They take the Haunted Mansion and overlay Nightmare Before Christmas characters, saying that Jack Skellington has taken over the Mansion for the holidays. It's up from October through January, straddling Halloween and Christmas.

It's awesome. :cool:

Chemmech
12-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks Cadaverous Pallor. I have been on the ride, it is awesome! I just didn't realize the attraction was themed through January. I was awestruck at the detail and integration of the Jack Skellington world into the ride by the Imagineers.