PDA

View Full Version : Cast member rave review

twilightmom
04-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Anyone or cast member know who I can contact to leave a review for a cast member who went above and beyond to add some magic to our trip? I wanted to stop by city hall on my way out but didn't make it. I just want to contact the right department so it gets to the right people. Thanks!

tea4two
04-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Go the the DL website and look for the "contact us" link. You can email a CM compliment (use the "other" category and title your message "Cast Member Compliment"). Be as specific as you can about the date, time, location, CM description, and situation. Don't be surprised if someone from Guest Experiences gets back to you to thank you for your submission.

danyoung
04-26-2016, 08:39 AM
So share - what happened?

candles71
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
So share - what happened?

Yes, please.

twilightmom
04-27-2016, 05:31 AM
Our normal strategy is to hit Peter Pan as soon as we get in th park, but with the Littles wanting Jedi Academy, we went there first. Eveytime we checked Peter Pan the line was obnoxious so we just planned on riding it last, after the fireworks. We watched the fireworks from fantasy land thinking we would go straight over to Peter after. Fireworks had stopped about half way through due to wind so we were waiting on the Pinochhio side of the Carasel waiting for the rope to drop. We ended up waiting for at least 30 minutes when we over heard a cast member mention they were letting in the pre line for Peter pan. What?? How did we not know about this? This pre line was already nuts and I told my daughter, who's 4th birthday we were celebrating that we weren't going to be able to do the ride. My daughters face must have said it all because a CM came over, asked what was wrong and said wait here I'll be right back. She came back a few minutes later, asked my name, and then left again. She came back and said please go to the exit of Peter Pan, give your name, and your whole party can ride (we were a group of nine!!) As we waited for the rope to drop she engaged with our kids, and we teased that we thought she was Areil with legs. She was so pleasant, and fun, we could tell she really enjoyed her job (snow white ride operator) and she gave my daughter such a magical gift to bypass the line. We even had time to rush over to her ride of snow white, where she remembered my daughters name and waved at my daughter as soon as she saw us. Cast members like this, who go out of there way to make a little girl happy, is what I love about Disney :)

bumblebeeonarose
04-27-2016, 07:40 AM
That is a very nice CM!

Peter Pan is just crazy. It's ridiculous how long the wait can be for a 2-minute ride. LOL!

Drince88
04-27-2016, 07:56 AM
Is this 'preline' identified in any way that people would know about it?

That's nice that she was able to make a little magic!

olegc
04-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Is this 'preline' identified in any way that people would know about it?

That's nice that she was able to make a little magic!

I hope someone responds but I bet its nothing official, just something the CMs "do" in operation that has come up as a way to deal with growing groups waiting at the rope.

Drince88
04-27-2016, 10:13 AM
I hope someone responds but I bet its nothing official, just something the CMs "do" in operation that has come up as a way to deal with growing groups waiting at the rope.

Which is all fine and good if you happen to be a guest who visits frequently enough to know that the CMs do this. I'm glad they were able to twighlightmom's family.

candles71
04-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Which is all fine and good if you happen to be a guest who visits frequently enough to know that the CMs do this. I'm glad they were able to twighlightmom's family.

This.

olegc
04-27-2016, 11:58 AM

lets not assume I am in favor of that - just pointing out what MIGHT be a possibility.

bumblebeeonarose
04-27-2016, 02:57 PM
I've seen the preline outside Fantasyland before. We were in a similar situation as OP, but we hadn't waited as long before being alerted to the growing line. I thought if I'm going to wait 30 minutes for Fantasyland to reopen and then wait in line I might as well just wait in the regular line mid-day when all the lines are longer. We didn't wait.