PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Garden Grill Closed?

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
04-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Someone I follow on Facebook who posts about Disney closures/openings today (Sat 4/23) said that Paradise Garden Grill appears to be closed - long term.

Anyone at the parks see this?

Mermaid
04-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Oh no! We love this place!

olegc
04-24-2016, 11:20 AM
I still have not heard any other reports or anecdotes so it may be way off base.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

D15
04-24-2016, 01:52 PM
While randomly perusing Disneyland photos on Instagram yesterday, I came across this from 5 days ago (https://www.instagram.com/p/BEXRLu4nO7G/?taken-by=jreitz1)- so unless this is the same poster from FB, there's another report that PGG does in fact appear to be permanently closed. :(

olegc
04-24-2016, 01:57 PM
While randomly perusing Disneyland photos on Instagram yesterday, I came across this from 5 days ago (https://www.instagram.com/p/BEXRLu4nO7G/?taken-by=jreitz1)- so unless this is the same poster from FB, there's another report that PGG does in fact appear to be permanently closed. :(
And that post is from a guy who has gone to Dland everyday since 2011. So his cm reference may be credible. Hopefully MP staff can get the official statement. Too bad. I loved these dishes (and the Viva Navidad menu). I am hoping no homogination of the menu occurs.

josephfive
04-24-2016, 02:55 PM
It is closed today. Disney Dining does not have info on permanent closure, why it's closed now or when it will re-open.

danyoung
04-25-2016, 06:11 AM
I am hoping no homogination of the menu occurs.

No fair making up your own words!

olegc
04-25-2016, 06:15 AM
No fair making up your own words!
Sorry - but it sounded good!

danyoung
04-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Sorry - but it sounded good!

I'm trying to be very careful with my mocking of spelling, grammar and punctuation. On another site last week, I made note of a lady that ran about 10 sentences into each other without a lick of punctuation. She was totally offended by my post, and really tore into me for being rude and condescending and basically a Punctuation Nazi. I just hope people know that I'm doing it all in fun - I don't think I have a rude bone in my body!

ten6mom
04-25-2016, 08:39 AM
I hope it isn't closed but when we went there in early March we did notice the kids peanut butter and granola tortilla was missing.... my 9 year old was sad.

Not to hijack a thread, but @danyoung I was noticing your profile picture. You're not an emergency services dispatcher by chance?

olegc
04-25-2016, 08:55 AM
This reply tweet was posted in the last few minutes

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/089543fb87b0679ccaf4d8ff8e2b49d3.jpg

(sorry for the size, tapatalk won't let me shrink it)

olegc
04-25-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm trying to be very careful with my mocking of spelling, grammar and punctuation. On another site last week, I made note of a lady that ran about 10 sentences into each other without a lick of punctuation. She was totally offended by my post, and really tore into me for being rude and condescending and basically a Punctuation Nazi. I just hope people know that I'm doing it all in fun - I don't think I have a rude bone in my body!

no no - you're good. You and I have been posting for a long time. I think I get your humor ;-).

olegc
04-25-2016, 09:01 AM
my big complaint here is that it seems if the menu of a location does not fit Sandwich-Burger-Salad-Pizza, and its not ODV, it can't be a quick serve location. If you have a unique menu at the DL Resort you have to have buffeteria or sit down locations. What doesn't fit this model is Fortune Cookery and am glad it offers a difference. Cucina Coucamonga will stick around because mexican is popular and Rancho Del Zocalo across the way has a mexican/latin menu too.

Too bad - one place to get a different, and somewhat healthier, menu choice and its gone.

Niwel
04-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Oh no! PGG is our go-to place in the entire resort. DH gets the med, I get Pasta for me and Princess.... we love the seating and the atmosphere. I hope it is temporary.

olegc
04-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Oh no! PGG is our go-to place in the entire resort. DH gets the med, I get Pasta for me and Princess.... we love the seating and the atmosphere. I hope it is temporary.

well it seems only Paradise Garden Grill (the Mediterranean) is closed. BOardwalk Pizza and Pasta is still open (or, at least, no one has posted that it is closed).

the fact that its closed and there is nothing to announce by Disney tells me its a major menu and name change. not just a refurb.

OR - maybe we can all say #ThanksShanghai and look at it as another cutback. That would be interesting to watch over time. Total speculation on my part - but I would not be surprised.

Niwel
04-25-2016, 09:30 AM
well it seems only Paradise Garden Grill (the Mediterranean) is closed. BOardwalk Pizza and Pasta is still open (or, at least, no one has posted that it is closed).

Darn - will make it harder to eat there with DH... hope they add the med stuff to the menu at another restaurant (maybe?)

Drince88
04-25-2016, 10:12 AM

I saw a photo posted by a friend that said PGG was closed, but to enjoy Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta instead - so that one was still open yesterday.

olegc
04-25-2016, 11:03 AM
and MP noted the closure in their update today - maybe we'll get a reason later.

josephfive
04-25-2016, 11:05 AM
:confused: Hope it's just temporary

candles71
04-25-2016, 12:12 PM

Wow. We still love you. ;) Grammar Nazi away.

danyoung
04-25-2016, 12:45 PM
.....danyoung I was noticing your profile picture. You're not an emergency services dispatcher by chance?

Nope. That was back when I was working for a show services company. I would use these two switchers to control the video (cameras, computers showing Powerpoint, videos) on multiple screens. It was a really fun job, and really lucrative too!

bumblebeeonarose
04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Maybe they're making the Viva Navidad theme permanent? I still want my flatbread pizzas back. We haven't eaten there since they got rid of them. It would be strange to keep half the location closed for long. It's a newer eating area and has a ton of seating. I hope they put something back in the other half, and bring back the better pizza.

olegc
04-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Maybe they're making the Viva Navidad theme permanent? I still want my flatbread pizzas back. We haven't eaten there since they got rid of them. It would be strange to keep half the location closed for long. It's a newer eating area and has a ton of seating. I hope they put something back in the other half, and bring back the better pizza.
I don't think that TDA considers Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza "connected". Yes they share an outdoor seating area but that's also shared with the beer stand. The theme, or at least backstory, are also tried to it. But as far as being " half" of the offering I don't think that's how it's intended ti be portrayed.

bumblebeeonarose
04-25-2016, 01:47 PM
They are two restaurants, true, but with one closed you only have one operating restaurant with a very large seating area. It would be like closing one or two of the Wharf restaurants.

olegc
04-25-2016, 01:57 PM
They are two restaurants, true, but with one closed you only have one operating restaurant with a very large seating area. It would be like closing one or two of the Wharf restaurants.

yeah. i see. and you remember how long Lucky Fortune Cookery was closed in the old location (was it 2 years?) before they swapped spots with Cucina.