PDA

View Full Version : Question about AP's

sashachamp
12-05-2003, 11:25 PM
DH & I are FINALLY going to get AP's. We're getting the SoCal one for $105. Does anyone know of any way to get it even cheaper? Does AAA offer discounts on it? If we use our Disney Credit Card would it be cheaper?

Also, do we just buy them at the main gate? We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel - can we get them there?

Thanks!

-Sasha :)

Darkbeer
12-05-2003, 11:35 PM
There are no discounts on the SoCal AP, though there is currently a discount on the Deluxe and Premium AP (save $20) if you buy a specially marked Coke product (2-liter or 12 pack). This makes the Deluxe just $40 more than the SoCal, and allows you to visit for most of the summer (unlike the SoCal).

I also know this is the Holiday season, and it is $80 more... but still something to think about, there are a LOT of blackout days with the SoCal....

As for where to buy your AP, either the Main Entry Plaza, or the Monorail booth at DtD. They do not sell them at the Hotel front desks....

Anyways, hope this helps, and Happy Holidays!

sashachamp
12-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your reply. I think we're going to buy our AP's at the Disney Store. When you said $80 more, you weren't talking about the SoCal AP right? Because that would make it regularly $25 which unfortunately would never happen.

The reason we're getting the SoCal AP's is because we would NEVER go in the summer anyway (we're not big heat or crowd fans). Plus DH doesn't like going on weekends. He much prefers the "off days", which is fine with me. We ususally go Thurs pm - Fri, or Sun pm - Mon. Luckily DH has a work schedule that allows it. Plus having AP's will be an incentive to go more often. WooHoo!!! :D

Thanks again,
Sasha

Bill Catherall
12-06-2003, 04:29 PM
When do you plan to make your first visit? If it's going to be during a time of blockouts (like the week of Christmas and New Year) then I suggest buying multiday passports and upgrading on the last day of your visit. The cost of the passports will be applied to the cost of the APs.

Darkbeer
12-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Bill, there is one problem with your plan, and that is that Disney requires you to UPGRADE, so the only two tickets they can buy is an one-day, or the two-day ticket ($99 or $98 next year). This will allow them to pay the extra $6 or $7 and upgrade. If they get an 3 day (or more), then they can't get the SoCal AP, and would be required to get the Deluxe or Premium.

The $80 was the cost of getting a Deluxe instead ($40 x 2).

Ghoulish Delight
12-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sashachamp
Thanks for your reply. I think we're going to buy our AP's at the Disney Store. When you said $80 more, you weren't talking about the SoCal AP right? What he meant was that the Deluxe pass is $80 more than a SoCal.

Christyaz
12-06-2003, 07:32 PM
I just bought a SOCAL AP for $105. If I do happen to want to go on a blackout day I will just pay the $25.00 xtra to get in.I have never desired to go on a blackout day.I would like to go for New Years this year but money is tight around the holidays.

stitch626
12-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Whats this deal with KiiS fm 102.7 radio station deal? I think I'm hearing, "when 4 annual passes to Disneyland?"

You could try that if I'm hearing right. :confused:

Forbin
12-08-2003, 11:33 AM
I just bought a SOCAL AP for $105. If I do happen to want to go on a blackout day I will just pay the $25.00 xtra to get in.I have never desired to go on a blackout day.I would like to go for New Years this year but money is tight around the holidays.

If you are over 1/2 way on your current SoCal, just get an upgrade to a Deluxe. It's cheaper and you get more for your $25.

They only prorate the upgrades and sometimes you can get a better deal than buying a $25 ticket.