PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary vs birthday

mandi2728
12-05-2003, 08:50 PM
me and the family are going to dl in mid january primaraly for my daughters birthday which is on the 19th (same days as our wedding anniversary). we have been mairred for 8 years and she will be 4 and just tall enough to get on most rides except like indy ect, and she is the most excited little girl in the world. only reason i can go to work is so we can go for "her" birthday lol. we plan to do it up for her the whole birthday patch the bucket the phone call ect. she has 2 brothers one 2 one 5 and of course will be there as well enjoing the activities.
ok my question to you all and your vast knowledge is what can i do for the mrs's because it is our anniversary too and with out taking away from my daughters b-day or dumping them in day care (i mean happy birthday sit in this room for a few hours..... um no) not why we are going. what options are there or what activities are there that are kid friendly that would be good to do to say happy anniversary. thank you in advance for all of your input.

Morrigoon
12-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Dinner @ Rainforest Cafe, perhaps? Bring a friendly "uncle" to give you mommy and daddy time?

That's all I can think of.

(PS: If there's an "uncle" along, you can eat dinner at Catal instead!!!)

Leap for Joy
12-06-2003, 06:33 AM
Get a suite-type motel room with a separate area for the kids. Then put them down early that night and have a candlelight picnic in your room and watch the fireworks from the balcony.

Brian Noble
12-06-2003, 08:29 AM
My wife and I have two kids: 5 and 3. We are HUGE fans of the "separate spaces for parents and kids" hotel model. Get a suite. Make sure it is really a suite, not something with a privacy curtain or (worse) a half-wall.

We never stay anywhere more than one night in anything but a suite. We almost never have single-night stays in one-room hotel rooms unless it's a purely in-transit thing. If nothing else, it means we can read or watch a movie after the kids are asleep without worrying about keeping or waking them up.

If you really want to do it up right, get a suite with equipped kitchen facilities, and make a romantic dinner for your spouse while the kids are going down to sleep in the other room. Pick something simple to make but that is a bit on the elegant side. I have a cajun shrimp recipe that literally takes 10 minutes but is fabulous on good-quality linguine. Pair that with a good crusty baguette, some mesclun greens with a bit of balsamic vinegrette, and a nice bottle of medium-bodied red wine---the whole thing will take about 30 minutes, and will be great.

-brian, whose wife has mentioned on more than one occasion that the Queer Eye guys have nothing on him in the kitchen department.

mandi2728
12-08-2003, 10:31 AM
wonderful ideas but im looking for somthing more for in park/resort ideas. does anyone know of anything special there (without spendind the kids colledge funds)