PDA

View Full Version : Kids of the Kingdom: Our Marching Orders!

merlinjones
12-05-2003, 04:55 PM
>>Recognizing that they face a long, uphill battle, Mr. Disney's team is banking on the idea that a prairie fire can be lit among small investors who agree, as Mr. Gold puts it, that Mr. Eisner's reign has resulted in "a cheapening of the integrity of the Walt Disney Company." Encouraged by supportive email from Disney fans, employees and shareholders, they hope to organize opposition to Mr. Eisner, perhaps through letter-writing campaigns or a show of force at Disney's next annual meeting.

"It clearly has struck a nerve with a lot of people," Mr. Disney says. If he can oust Mr. Eisner, he says, it will enable his family to ride back into the Magic Kingdom. "That would be the ideal, fairy-tale Disney ending," he says.<<

From today's Wall Street Journal article (link at www.miceage.com). (If someone has a non-subscription URL, please post).

So you all have your marching orders... Make some noise, Whoville!!!

merlinjones
12-05-2003, 04:58 PM
The important thing is to grab the media while they are interested. It's a small window of opportunity with a huge potential payoff.

1) Sign the letters on the net - - and get everyone you know to do the same.

2) Write a letter supporting Roy and Stanley - - What do you miss about the REAL Walt Disney Company? Be emotional - - let it flow. Send it to the board and to the institutional investors and whoever else.

3) Picket the Disney Studios in Disney character costumes! That should get the media's attention!!! How fun, too! Could turn into a big party in a day or two.

4) Boycott all Disney products during the Holiday season. No dvds or movies or gifts or parks or anything they directly profit from.

5) Post your feelings, ideas on the websites... now is the time to get the "big picture" out. Why is Disney broken? Synopsize for the new readers...

5) Be creative! It's all about keeping this alive and burning.

"Disneyland is your land." - Walt Disney

sediment
12-05-2003, 05:49 PM
7. Wait several months after your AP expires before you renew it.

Morrigoon
12-05-2003, 07:28 PM
I really don't think picketing, protesting, or petitioning are going to do much. What Roy's doing, taking it logically to the investors, with their portfolios in mind, rather than our emotional attachment to the properties is going to be far more effective.

But don't let me spoil your party.

merlinjones
12-05-2003, 10:07 PM
>>I really don't think picketing, protesting, or petitioning are going to do much. What Roy's doing, taking it logically to the investors, with their portfolios in mind, rather than our emotional attachment to the properties is going to be far more effective.<<

It's not an either-or situation.

Obviously they are going to take the logical agrument to the investors, anyway... but the media needs heat from The People. That's one thing Disney has going for it that few other entities do - - The People really care. This is especially true if Roy is to corral the independant stockholders.

And the more kooky and fun the better. Eye catching camera stuff. Snow White on a picket line would do wonders for the camera.

The emotion is critical for success. Eisner depends on NO EMOTION... That's what he doesn't get about Disney. It's not just a brand.

Look at Schwarzenegger...

Iceman
12-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Snow White on the picket line? I know you've been waiting a LONG time to get your revenge on Michael Eisner, but dragging our beloved characters and heritage through the mud just to make a point is sickening. Don't you see that doing that will do more harm to the Disney brand name than anything Eisner has done or can do? The supposed "fans" of Disney perverting their own core for a few seconds of cheap camera time? Take an objective step back and see how counterproductive that would be...

merlinjones
12-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Well, then do something else!

Just show your emotion and your support for the Disney you love! The press and investors need to hear that.

Just don't be Grumpy.

:)

Morrigoon
12-06-2003, 09:34 AM
We're talking about a private corporation, not the government.

But as I say... do as you will, don't let me spoil the party.

merlinjones
12-06-2003, 01:01 PM
>>We're talking about a private corporation, not the government.<<

Public corporation, not private. The stockholders own it.

They can be made aware, made to care and share!:)

DrIndianaJones
12-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Buy stock=A vote=A voice=Power. Simple, buy the stock and get a voice to help oust Eisner.

wendybeth
12-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Iceman-
Another take on the Snow White thing: Wednesday night we attended the Disney Princesses on Ice with our young princess:) .
Snow White was never a favorite of mine, but when the SW segment began, I had a rather unexpected reaction. They were singing and dancing to 'the Silly Song', and I started thinking back on just how long ago that movie was made, and what the success of that movie did, not just for Disney, but all of us. Walt was teetering on the brink of financial ruin while making that movie, yet he pulled it off, and the rest is history. I guess it was while I was sitting there that I decided to start the petition- I had to at least try and do what little I could.Walt Disney Company deserves better than Eisner, and we deserve better. Somehow, I doubt very much that Walt Disney would mind his first princess coming to the company's rescue again....;)

Demigod121
12-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Along this thread, guys, anyone catch the big article in Sunday's OC Register? :D

Link (http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=70406&section=NEWS&subsection=NEWS&year=2003&month=12&day=7)

Talk about PRESS! :D

-Demigod

Morrigoon
12-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Geez, did the reporter do anything, or just print what Eisner wrote for him?

Morrigoon
12-08-2003, 09:54 AM
These issues are at the core of Disney's recent struggle to revive its brand. A few years ago, Disney launched its "Princess Line," which brings together merchandise based on famous Disney female characters. Roy Disney, people familiar with the matter say, complained that it erodes one character's personal mythology to show up in another character's world when that isn't the way it is in Disney story telling. But the princess program has become one of Disney's most popular consumer- products efforts, generating retail sales of $1.3 billion annually.

Roy is right though. And I'm still waiting for the line of blue Aurora merchandise - which will never happen when she's being presented with Cinderella.

justagrrl
12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
I think having Snow White picketing is a great idea!

Better to have in her a picket line calling for a better Disney, then starring in Snow White 1 1/2 direct to video and as an odd look plush doll you can buy for only 49.99.

Doodle Duck
12-09-2003, 06:21 AM
"Just don't be Grumpy."

I think the opposite...A picket line of a hundred or so 'Grumpys'
all chanting the 'Silly Song' would garner some good photo ops and the 'G' Block .

:D :fez:

Demigod121
12-09-2003, 10:48 AM
HAH - another 'Studio B G-Block' fan, I see!

:)

-Demigod