PDA

View Full Version : Any current food & beverage offerings?

D15
04-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Hello all :)

A friend will be going to the resort with her family in May and had asked me about current special food/beverages they should be sure not to miss. I researched a bit and couldn't find anything- are there any going on right now? All I could find was last spring's (March 2015) Parks Blog post and the holiday ones. Did they offer anything new this spring? Might there be anything expected for the ramping-into summer season?

TIA!

eta: I know Food & Wine is happening this month, but they'll be there after that's done and are curious about stuff like the special desserts (funnel cakes etc.) and drinks.

candles71
04-14-2016, 11:43 AM
The 60th cupcake is delishious. Jolly Holiday.

olegc
04-14-2016, 02:28 PM
a lot of the specialty offerings are still the 60th items (desserts, drinks, etc.) You may see some other announcements coming but its tough to tell. Right now DCA is focused on the Food and Wine festival. My assumption is too that Disney would announce stuff more as a last minute thing than anything far in advance (these days at least).

there are some mother's day dishes and meals - but only focused on the day and on certain restaurants (blue bayou, goofy's kitchen, S55, etc.)

they do still do the Apple of the Month (which also does include a marshmallow wand and bark).

candles71
04-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Churro funnel cake at Hungry Bear. I forgot to try this one, DL just posted a picture on FB.

DaDuckFan1955
04-14-2016, 08:09 PM
We discovered to our delight they have the Gingerbread Cookies yearround now (March 4-12 was our visit) also the River Belle Terrace has a new meal "Brined Half chicken" very very juicy and extremely delicious..

D15
04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Thank you all for the great info!

We discovered to our delight they have the Gingerbread Cookies yearround now (March 4-12 was our visit) also the River Belle Terrace has a new meal "Brined Half chicken" very very juicy and extremely delicious..

Mmmmmmm.... man, now I'm jealous I won't be going along with her to try that out!

DaDuckFan1955
04-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Forgot to mention Tomorrowland Terrace has special Chocolate (image Darth Vader) as well as Soft Drinks with light up Death Star or Falcon, along with Han in Carbonite or Chewie drink sippers.

olegc
04-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Forgot to mention Tomorrowland Terrace has special Chocolate (image Darth Vader) as well as Soft Drinks with light up Death Star or Falcon, along with Han in Carbonite or Chewie drink sippers.
That is the whole season of the force menu; along with the black bun burger or is it chicken.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BlkPearlCptn
04-16-2016, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=olegc;1924757]That is the whole season of the force menu; along with the black bun burger or is it chicken.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

It's called The First Order Burger and is one of my favorite addictions