PDA

View Full Version : Ridley Pearson Book Signing at DL

DisneyFunFamily4
04-10-2016, 06:43 PM
We are planning on taking our daughter to the book signing he's doing this coming weekend at DL. How does this work? We stopped in to Off The Page today and asked and the CM we talked to said he didn't think it would be to busy and said he didn't know anything about getting a wrist band. I saw at WDW when he did his last book signing they gave our wristbands when the store opened. I know we're required to purchase the books at the store and its 2 books per person. We're planning on getting there early but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this so we know what to expect. Thanks

JPPT1974
04-10-2016, 06:56 PM
We are planning on taking our daughter to the book signing he's doing this coming weekend at DL. How does this work? We stopped in to Off The Page today and asked and the CM we talked to said he didn't think it would be to busy and said he didn't know anything about getting a wrist band. I saw at WDW when he did his last book signing they gave our wristbands when the store opened. I know we're required to purchase the books at the store and its 2 books per person. We're planning on getting there early but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this so we know what to expect. Thanks

Just hope that you can get people that have experience. As well as can help you all. Sorry do not. But hope you can. Good luckl

TTFN92
04-11-2016, 11:08 AM
That sounds like fun. My son enjoyed the first book but our library never had the 2nd one so he never read anymore and was on the older end of the age group so lost interest. I bought the first 3 in a set for our 10 yr do granddaughter but she won't read them because they aren't Percy Jackson. She's not really into Disney like we are. My niece loved them though. I know I would have too.

Did you mean that you had to buy 2 books or that was the limit?

deedee73
04-11-2016, 04:28 PM
What age group are his children's books geared towards?

TTFN92
04-12-2016, 07:54 PM
I would say about 4th-8th grade.

deedee73
04-12-2016, 10:25 PM
I would say about 4th-8th grade.
Thank you.

sjhanksaz
04-22-2016, 02:47 PM
He is a nice guy. My daughter has all but his last book

A couple of years ago he came to a book store in AZ and we met him and he was nice enough to sign all the books my daughter had brought, which had to be like 6 or more.

DisneyFunFamily4
04-22-2016, 06:02 PM
He was SO nice! We had such a great experience.

I meant to come back and post how it went. We decided to take a ditch day on Friday since I had to work Saturday so we couldn't make the Saturday signings. We got to DCA at opening and went in to off the page. We were able to buy our books (5 total, 2 for DD and the rest were for friends) and they held them for us until we came back later. The signing started at 1pm and the CM told us to come back around noon to see if a line was forming. When we came back at noon there was maybe a dozen people waiting already, the gal at the front said she started lining up at 11. At about 1245 a CM asked us to all stand up. Our travel agent had just sent me the confirmation for a DCL cruise and DH was looking at the DCL website. Out of the blue Mr Pearson came up behind him and said "What are we looking at?" we told him and he talked to us for a good 5 minutes about how much he loved Disney Cruises and which cruises he's done. DD12 was star struck. He said Hi to a few more people in line and then went in to the store. It took another 10-15 minutes till we got inside to get the books signed. He was SO nice and so personable. He asked questions about everyone who we were having books signed for, BDays, teachers etc. By the time we left the line was huge. I was looking at the books a little while later and realized that he forgot to write one of the names in one of the books so I went back and asked the CM if I could just have him write the name on the page. He was happy to do it and took the time to draw a little pic on the page as well. I liked his books before but now I'm a huge fan.

TTFN92
04-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Thank you for sharing that :).