PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Party 2016

Pages : [1] 2

yellowrosedtxn
04-07-2016, 07:50 AM
I am just wondering when this will be announced for Disneyland? When do the tickets normally go on sale? I am going this year for the first time! I am so excited!

TIA!

3Princesses1Prince
04-07-2016, 08:14 AM
1) it's Mickeys Halloween Party (no "not so scary") ;)

2) usually announced at the beginning of summer (late May-June) with tickets on sale (July-August)

yellowrosedtxn
04-07-2016, 08:16 AM
1) it's Mickeys Halloween Party (no "not so scary") ;)

2) usually announced at the beginning of summer (late May-June) with tickets on sale (July-August)

I wonder where I got the Not So Scary from then? Is that a WDW thing?

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I can't wait to be able to get the tickets!

candles71
04-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Yes, the not so scary is a WDW thing.
APs and Visa card holders usually get advance purchasing.

yellowrosedtxn
04-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Yes, the not so scary is a WDW thing.
APs and Visa card holders usually get advance purchasing.

Great! I have one right now, will have the other, but not until August when I go on my DLR trip.

tea4two
04-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Keep watching the Parks Blog for the party dates and ticket sale dates announcement. As stated above, it will probably come sometime around May or June.

yellowrosedtxn
04-08-2016, 05:08 AM
Keep watching the Parks Blog for the party dates and ticket sale dates announcement. As stated above, it will probably come sometime around May or June.

Thanks! I will keep my eyes out. I was getting confused between when the Halloween party tickets for WDW would be coming out verses DLR. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it! I am so excited, not only will I get to celebrate the party for the first time, I will be celebrating my 50th as well! You know that commercial about going to Disney and they are too excited to sleep? That is me for the most part!

tea4two
04-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Tickets for MNSSHP at WDW are already available (even for the Christmas Party!). Make sure when you buy your tickets (again, most likely this summer) that you are buying for MHP at DL. We've heard of people being turned away at the DL turnstiles because they bought party tickets for WDW. (This is why the "Not So Scary" distinction is so important!)

leota's necklace
04-10-2016, 06:26 AM
Any official word yet on whether adults will be allowed to wear costumes at the DL party? I know they were being kind of cagey about it when they announced the enforcement of non-costume dress code on regular days.

leota's necklace
04-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Never mind, just read the info on Disneyland.com. Man, what a bummer.

BlkPearlCptn
04-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Not being able to wear costumes are a deal breaker for myself, my family, and many, many of our friends. That is what made it so much fun for us. Well, looks like we saved a bunch of money.

deedee73
04-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Not sure but I can't find where it says about costumes - and I find it odd that WDW is allowing costumes but not layered ones and Disneyland would not. Could someone post the link.

deedee73
04-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Not being able to wear costumes are a deal breaker for myself, my family, and many, many of our friends. That is what made it so much fun for us. Well, looks like we saved a bunch of money.
I do not think you are alone in this thought process. It would be a deal breaker for me as well.

tea4two
04-10-2016, 05:40 PM
This is from the Parks Blog post (3/23/16) about MNSSHP at WDW: "New this year, we have revised our costuming guidelines for special events in our theme parks. While costumed attire may be worn, guests ages 14 and older are strongly discouraged from wearing layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body as they may be subject to additional security screening. Additionally, costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon." Note that it doesn't outright prohibit adult guests from wearing costumes, but warns that additional screening may be involved for elaborate costumes. While I realize that this info deals with WDW, let's hope that the rules for MHP will relax a bit before the parties start. Because otherwise it really would be a bummer.

3Princesses1Prince
04-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Since they haven't announced anything about the DL parties yet, I doubt they've thought to update the info to match WDW. I wouldn't be surprised if the wording will change to match WDW's once party info is announced.

leota's necklace
04-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Here's the Disneyland info. Guests under the age of 14 may wear costumes.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

I am hoping for last-minute changes.

Drince88
04-11-2016, 08:19 AM
This is from the Parks Blog post (3/23/16) about MNSSHP at WDW: "New this year, we have revised our costuming guidelines for special events in our theme parks. While costumed attire may be worn, guests ages 14 and older are strongly discouraged from wearing layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body as they may be subject to additional security screening. Additionally, costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon." Note that it doesn't outright prohibit adult guests from wearing costumes, but warns that additional screening may be involved for elaborate costumes. While I realize that this info deals with WDW, let's hope that the rules for MHP will relax a bit before the parties start. Because otherwise it really would be a bummer.

This is VERY similar to the RunDisney policy - though there you 'weren't allowed' costume props that surround the entire body. There was no provision for 'additional screening' in that situation.

yellowrosedtxn
04-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Tickets for MNSSHP at WDW are already available (even for the Christmas Party!). Make sure when you buy your tickets (again, most likely this summer) that you are buying for MHP at DL. We've heard of people being turned away at the DL turnstiles because they bought party tickets for WDW. (This is why the "Not So Scary" distinction is so important!)

I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks! I am so excited about going to this!

Also, do you know approximately how much it is per ticket? I looked at the one from last year and it said the day of the event it is $77.00, but doesn't give a pre-purchase price. I am just trying to be as prepared as I can.

Thanks everyone!

bumblebeeonarose
04-12-2016, 07:23 AM
I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks! I am so excited about going to this!

Also, do you know approximately how much it is per ticket? I looked at the one from last year and it said the day of the event it is $77.00, but doesn't give a pre-purchase price. I am just trying to be as prepared as I can.

Thanks everyone!

Tickets vary by day. Earlier parties and those on Tuesdays tend to be cheaper. Also those with Disney Visas and APs have been given a discount in the past. Prices go up each year. I'd plan on at least $70 per ticket.

yellowrosedtxn
04-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Tickets vary by day. Earlier parties and those on Tuesdays tend to be cheaper. Also those with Disney Visas and APs have been given a discount in the past. Prices go up each year. I'd plan on at least $70 per ticket.

Thanks! I plan on going mid October, during the week. I will let my party know approximately how much the tickets are and if they are interested, I will purchase them. Then they can pay me back.

leota's necklace
04-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Don't give up hope! Here's the response I got from DL today re costumes for adults at the Party:

Thank you for your email to the DisneylandŽ Resort.

Regretfully, the information you have requested has yet to be
determined. You are invited to contact us again after summer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DisneylandŽ Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

So, if wearing a costume is important to you, and not being able to do it at the Party would negatively affect your experience, I suggest you drop a polite line to DL telling them so.

lindyv321
04-12-2016, 07:00 PM
I am hoping there will be a party while we are there 9/25-9/27!! My daughter and I are going to Disneybound for the first time and if there is a party that will be when we do it!

3Princesses1Prince
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM
I am hoping there will be a party while we are there 9/25-9/27!! My daughter and I are going to Disneybound for the first time and if there is a party that will be when we do it!

First party will likely be the 30th

tea4two
04-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Agree. Even though HalloweenTime will probably start around/on 9/16, the first party is usually on the last Friday in September.

lindyv321
04-13-2016, 06:16 AM
I would agree with that except the Halloween parties are a moneymaking machine and if they wait until the last weekend they will miss out on three party dates since the last Friday happens to fall on the 29th where is historically the last Friday has fallen closer to the 25th or 26th of the month for the last few years. Last year there were 17 dates for the party and the last weekend of September fell on the 25th , if they wait until the 29th they will only get in 14 parties unless they add an extra night during the week. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I guess if there isn't one during my trip I'll save quite a bit of money on tickets!