PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on ODV product

AllisinWunderland
12-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Does anybody know the name of the light-up toy sold at night by ODV which is programmable and spins around displaying words or sayings?
While recently at DLP, we saw but did not purchase one. Now we are going to be participating in a night-time light parade for the holidays and realize this would be a terrific thing to have!
Any help would be most appreciated and maybe I can locate another source.

PhilMP
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
They're called "Skyliners." I've heard you could find them at Radio Shack or Wal-Mart, but the only places I've seen them is DL, DCA, and Universal Studios Hollywood.

They usually retail for 19.99, but if you buy them from our glow carts at 20 bucks, they're cheaper since we don't charge tax.

Phil

AllisinWunderland
12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately, I won't be back to the parks until after the need has passed as I live in Arizona.
But I appreciate your reply and I'll check out your leads!

swtkissez
12-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I have also seen them in a store called "glow" (how appropiate!) They have one at the Block in Orange as well as other locations.
You might also want to checkthis website (http://www.circuittoys.com/toys/toys.php3)

ChipmunkStar
12-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Glow! at the Block is no longer there. :(

Where else could you shock your friends with several of those lightning board thingies.... My ex shocked me by touching one and then kissing me, THAT was weird!

swtkissez
12-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ChipmunkStar
Glow! at the Block is no longer there. :(

its not?? you can tell i haven't been in a while...sadness

Polar33
12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
The Skyliner website (http://www.theskyliner.com/) has an email address where you could write too to find a place near you that might sell them.

If that dosn't work yout you could always try calling Disney DelivEars at (800) 362-4533 and see if they would be able to get one too you.

mousey_girl
12-07-2003, 03:33 PM
My hubby spotted one Friday night. The CM spinning it had programmed it to say "my arm hurts." hehehe :D

ComfyCody
12-07-2003, 04:45 PM
I was so curious when I read this thread that I had to follow the links and see what these were! Very cool! In my digging around for them I found some listed on Ebay. Good luck!!

swtkissez
12-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
My hubby spotted one Friday night. The CM spinning it had programmed it to say "my arm hurts." hehehe :D

When it rains, i would always program it to say "I'm wet" or "It's cold" Also when we get sick of answering when the parade was, we would program them to say "Parade at 8:45" and so on. My friend once programmed it to say "free hugs" and people took us up on the offer. haha not bad when it was cute young guys, but i got a lot of middle aged men, haha, good times!

jslivinski
12-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Contact Disneyland. Several times I've called after I've gotten home and had a change of heart about something I didn't buy. The CM's are very helpful at processing orders. The only draw back is you have to pay shipping, but the price you pay for not buying it in the first place. :)

Mommy2NicknMax
12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
QVC sells them on their website. They sell for $19.50. Seems like you should be able to find them cheaper somewhere though. Ebay maybe?

Good luck!