PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Family Holiday Party 2003

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 07:07 AM
So, did anyone (was anyone?) go to the CM Xmas 'party' at DL last night?

The Buffster (my wife!) and I did and we had a blast.

They closed the park at 6 and then opened it for CMs and their families only at 7:30 (actually, we got in at 7:20!).

Got to get a pic with a character...(We got ours with Pluto!) and they were giving out candy canes. Got to ride Matterhorn (which I still ache from!) and Star Tours, the Roger Rabbit ride (which I had not ever tried!), and IAWMH. Saw the new holiday parade, and towards the end of, they:

spray this stuff in the air, and it looks like SNOW!

Have got lots of pics and such, when I can put them where you can view them, I will post a link to it on this thread.

Was keeping an eye out if anyone was sporting any anti-Eisner wear, but didn't see any.

-Demigod

sediment
12-04-2003, 08:33 AM
That's nothing new, so you're not spoiling anything.
I didn't get an invite. My cast member relative must have dropped me down the list.

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 08:46 AM
:(

Hey sediment - let me know and we will take you with us next time! :)

I didn't wanna spoil it for those who have never seen the holiday parade.

-Demigod

MammaSilva
12-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Demigod121

I didn't wanna spoil it for those who have never seen the holiday parade.

-Demigod

psssstttttttttt Demigod.....don't look now but if they've seen a commericial for the holiday season at the park, they have a clue.... not to mention this little gem It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm) It started snowing in 2000 ... just an FYI ;)

sediment
12-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the invite, Demi.

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Gads...try to be nice and I get beat up! :D

-Demigod

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok, gang, pics are uploaded and available here (http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/demigod_121/album?.dir=/Disney+Family+Party+2003).

-Demigod

ChipmunkStar
12-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I attended the Party on Tuesday night. spent most of our time talking and playing with Aladdin and Genie (good buddies with them two), and walking around randomly (we're in the park all the time, so our main thing was cheap food :) )

Anyways, the snow at the end of the parade was exclusively for the holiday parties. All other times it's a regular parade minus the snow. They use the snow each night for the holiday fireworks though.

Morrigoon
12-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Went last night. Had a good time. Ran into some other padders, had a good time with them. Ate candy canes and discounted pasta.

This year's ornament was glass, I'm impressed! (I remember the ones that were the string covered ones with a plastic wrapper for the logo!)

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Wish I had known.....forgot to post that I was goin.....

*sigh* - oh, well....other opportunities will come, I guess.

-Demigod
(sad)

Polar33
12-04-2003, 10:23 PM
In a way I was at both...I "worked" the one on Tuesday (use of quotations indicating that there is little actual work going on for those "working" the Holiday Parties and a lot of horsing around as most normal CM behavior rules do not apply) and I went to the one on Wednesday with a friend.

Had a blast at both, although I was quite bummed that the photo locations in Toontown had decided to close up 10 minutes earlier than their listed Midnight closing time. We decided to ride Rodger Rabbit instead and when we were done we discovered that the photo people had apparently changed their mind and stayed open later. But by then it was too late for me anyway. That's what I get for trying to avoid those lines I suppose.

But I digress...the Holiday Party rules! We should have one for every holiday. ;)

Wizard69
12-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
In a way I was at both...I "worked" the one on Tuesday (use of quotations indicating that there is little actual work going on for those "working" the Holiday Parties and a lot of horsing around as most normal CM behavior rules do not apply) and I went to the one on Wednesday with a friend.

Had a blast at both, although I was quite bummed that the photo locations in Toontown had decided to close up 10 minutes earlier than their listed Midnight closing time. We decided to ride Rodger Rabbit instead and when we were done we discovered that the photo people had apparently changed their mind and stayed open later. But by then it was too late for me anyway. That's what I get for trying to avoid those lines I suppose.

But I digress...the Holiday Party rules! We should have one for every holiday. ;)

I had the same problem at Toontown. They started to pack up at 11:30 so I didn't get an "official" picture. We ended up taking a picture with Pluto before he went inside with our own camera.

The discounted food RULES! I had ribs and chicken at Rancho and then had coffee and cookies at Blue Ribbon later in the evening.

HighwayInTheSky
12-05-2003, 09:23 AM
No lines and $1.75 churros.... now THAT'S a party!

spectromen
12-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Hey Morrigoon, what was the design on the ornament this year? That's so cool that it was glass for a change.

Morrigoon
12-05-2003, 11:57 AM
It's sort of blue, teal and purple mostly, and it has Mickey and Minnie on ice skates holding hands. Cute logo, albeit fairly neutral holiday-wise. (I mean, HEL-LO! It's a Christmas ornament!)

Demigod121
12-05-2003, 01:30 PM
I will take a pic of the ornament and post it here tonight.

-Demigod

Morrigoon
12-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Hmm... pity my roommate isn't here (I need her computer to d/l pics from my camera these days :rolleyes: ) or I could put up pics now.. :(

Freerider127
12-05-2003, 02:28 PM
I wish i could go sometime that seems so cool, do you have to know a cast member to get in?

MickeyLumbo
12-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Ok, gang, pics are uploaded and available here (http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/demigod_121/album?.dir=/Disney+Family+Party+2003).

-Demigod

:p thank you so much for posting those photos. looks like a great evening-- (all the fun holiday stuff without the horrendous crowded conditions). snow during the parade is a very "cool" idea!:p

CoasterMatt
12-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by MickeyLumbo
snow during the parade is a very "cool" idea!:p

I don't see what the big deal is with that, it "snows" every show of Universal's holiday parade (directly from the parade units), and even the Citadel outlet shopping center it "snows" every night at 6. I'd be more impressed with a new parade with a non-looping soundtrack than soap bubbles.

sleepyjeff
12-07-2003, 05:25 PM

Was keeping an eye out if anyone was sporting any anti-Eisner wear, but didn't see any.

-Demigod

:(

GoldenEars
12-07-2003, 07:55 PM
I was able to attend the event, because a good friend of mine gave me a ticket to go. When I worked for Disneyland in the past ('96 thru '99), I always went to the holiday parties and they were a blast. And this year was no different, I loved it.

But what made it even more special for me, was the fact I went with my sister (she works for the company), her husband and my 9 month old nephew. Oh, you may have seen him, cuz he was the one dressed in a little Santa suit!:D

I had my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty, and my nephew was in it with me! And I must say, the young girl playing SB was exceptionally beautiful. She looked and played her role very well.

The only thing I wasn't happy with was the logo this year for the Cast Member Christmas Party. More so because they didn't print the year on many of the items (i.e. shirts, scarfs, & sweatshirts).
But other than that, it was a wonderful time. It was really magical seeing the Park through my little nephew's eyes!:)

Merry Christmas,
Patrick

PS I never saw Michael Eisner there, but a friend of mine said he stood right next to her at one point during the party. I would have liked my picture taken with him...before he gets kicked out of his CEO position!:D

Demigod121
12-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Sorry about not posting the pic of the ornament...got sidetracked.

Will attempt to do it tonight.

:)

-Demigod