PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Pin Trader Problem

thamnarestan
09-24-2001, 05:11 PM
After reading all the horror stories and encodedracing's excellent elucidating post on pin trading addiction, it should be clear to most everyone that SOMETHING needs to be done about the Pin Trader Problem.

I have stated earlier that Disney SHOULD ban pin trading. Encodedracing posted some better, more creative ideas that wouldn't be as financially-damaging to the Company. However, as Tony pointed out, even these would really hurt Disney moneywise, and he claimed that the company wouldn't be willing to accept a substantial cut in pin profits.

I argue, however, that the Disney company would be willing, if only it knew how severe the problem really is. Therefore, whenever you visit the park and witness any behavior that's even remotely offensive, rude, or immature, make a trip to City Hall and complain. Disney needs to know that this problem exists, that it's guests are sick of it, and that this group really is a nuisance. After management realizes this, they can evaluate the severity of the problem on their own, and although I doubt anything as bold or drastic as an outright ban on pin trading will be implemented, some changes will be made.

Let's all do our part (well, I actually can't because I'm a Cast Member) to rid the park of this problem and ensure an enjoyable Disneyland experience for all guests.

[Edit: Changed wording of thread title and subject line to remove a negative connotation. -- Andrew]

thamnarestan
09-24-2001, 09:41 PM