PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday ride narration! [SPOILER]

ahecht
09-24-2001, 03:27 PM
I'm sure everyone has read Adrianne VP's coverage of the info packet for the mansion event here. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer010918a.htm) One item, a long poem, was scanned in, but the text was too small to read. The caption said "Trust me, you really wish you could read this."

Well, your wishing is over. I was able to find a larger image, and I was shocked to find that it appears to be the complete rhyming narration for the NBC makeover of the mansion.

It sure sounds like it would fit to the ride. It has been reported from a few sources that the narration rhymes, and note the references to a dark carriage, a party, a graveyard, and a ghost following you home at the appropriate parts of the narration.

Below is the text of that poem. I have added in brackets where I think it corresponds to actual show elements:

From the MousePad staff:

Unfortunately, the text is copyrighted material and it cannot be posted in its entirety here. We understand everyone's desire to get a sneak peak at the ride, but we also have to be mindful of copyright issues. As such, the text of the narration had to be removed.

Tony / MousePad Admin

zapppop
09-24-2001, 05:05 PM
could you e-mail it to me please.

zapppop@aol.com

Thank you.

dcadon
09-24-2001, 05:32 PM
send a copy this way:
virus11@aol.com

thanks,
-Don

Dreamstaker
09-24-2001, 05:35 PM
You can also see a copy at the doombuggies online message boards. But it will be a spoiler so beware.

Gregmh48
09-24-2001, 05:40 PM
[i]
From the MousePad staff:

Unfortunately, the text is copyrighted material and it cannot be posted in its entirety here. We understand everyone's desire to get a sneak peak at the ride, but we also have to be mindful of copyright issues. As such, the text of the narration had to be removed.

Tony / MousePad Admin [/B]

Looks like I saved that post just in time! Whew!

Darkbeer
09-25-2001, 09:40 PM
I found the text at the westcoaster site in the message boards.... It IS A SPOILER, so go there only if you want to find out. This is why I did NOT make a link, if you want it, you will have to work for it....

Gandalf
09-26-2001, 09:46 AM
Whoever wrote the poem/possible lyrics did an excellent job. Nine days and counting for the big opening! The outside of the Mansion is looking good, I can't wait for the inside changes (temp changes only though!) I'm torn whether to go and fastpass myself to death on JUST the NBC version of Haunted Mansion or try and go to one of the first showings of the Knotts HH. I haven't been in awhile because it seemed to be the same versions. Although Elvira is always great to see. I've never been to the first weeks, anyone know if they are scaled down? It would be nice to avoid the crowds.

MickeyD
09-26-2001, 03:38 PM
I came across the poem on another website. When I found it I was debating whether I really wanted to read it or not. Unfortunately, I was then bullied into reading it by the person I was on the phone with. (I won't mention any names, but it starts with an N and ends in an apsto :D ) I am now very upset with myself for reading it. :( I do feel as though I've opened my Christmas presents early. So I highly recommend if you find a website with the poem on it -DON'T read it. I will agree though, that whoever wrote it did an EXCELLENT job.