PDA

View Full Version : desert buffet with fantasmic

dizneyraver
09-24-2001, 10:06 AM
Let's hear about your experiences, good or bad, let it all out ;0)

dizneyraver
10-01-2001, 06:21 AM
no one wants to share?

Alex S.
10-01-2001, 07:24 AM
I've only done it once and it was worth it.

Of course, I'd just proposed to Lani about 20 minutes earlier, so they could have spent the entire show beating me on the head with a stick and I probably would have thought it worth the money.

It is not worth it for the desserts, they are nothing spectacular (though they are good). You are very cozy with whoever else happened to pay for the show, so you'll need to talk to strangers (which, for me, is about as much fun as being hit on the head with a stick).

The question to ask is this: "Is it worth $43 to have a perfect view of Fantasmic?"

For me, the answer was "yes, but just once". The only reason I can see doing it again is for some special ocassion - though at least you don't have to get up at 5am and stand in line any more.

dizneyraver
10-01-2001, 07:39 AM
I thought it was fun. We lucked into the last ticket, and actually had to request they squeeze in one more seat so both of us could go. There was a couple there that got pouty because earlier in the day on a tour I asked "is this where the fantasmic buffet is held?"

We both got in to the same show, but they did not speak to us (even though we had spent a couple hours together that day on the tour) they were really upset I had mentioned it.

Did not know it was such a big secret.

It was a truly magical evening. I would for sure do it again, but I agree, only for a really special occasion.

hsierra
10-02-2001, 08:28 AM
My family and I went a few years ago. We decided to pay the price because I really wanted my girls to see all of Fantasmic. When I purchased the tickets I asked the castmember how is the seating done and she told me it was whoever got there first got the front row. We showed up early only to find out that seating is done by tickets, if you purchase your tickets first, you get front row. Normaly this would not have mattered but my girls where young (and smaller) then. The castmember must have noticed that I was a little upset at this because he offered to seat us front row for the next preformance, or to refund our money. Since that would have been too late in the night for our kids and we had looked forward to Fantasmic all day we decided to go ahead and be seated. The food was good, my kids loved it, but so rich you really cant eat more than one. The adults seated infront of us noticed my girls standing on their seats to see better and (what wonderful people!) offered their seats to them. We had a great time, and it was well worth the price!

MammaSilva
10-27-2001, 04:36 PM
I have done the balcony a total of 4 times...each one with a little less magic than the time before sadly.. our first experience there was a 16 person cap on the balcony, I had a group of special needs children and family members acting as chaparones... I schlepped over to the park from the Fairfield at 5 in the morning to make sure I was first in line, I took a camp chair and supplys to last until the window opened....the maintance guys looked at me funny and a security guy came and checked me out but let me stay, not 20 minutes later along came another couple they were quickly followed by even more people, by 6 am the line was long and I warned all of them that I intended to purchase all the available seats for the first show... some got very angry but OH well I got there first, gave up the most sleep and wasn't 'bending', our second time we had a total of 32 people on the trip, I got up even earlier and went over to make sure I was first in line, warned everyone that I was buying that many tickets for both shows (too many of us for ONE ) when the window opened I was told that it was Now 20 per show....ok fine we split the group the night before and each of us would deal with 4 strangers on the balcony with us.... until show time...turned out they had a total of 25 people there, it was VERY cozy and I was very angry because the extra people were very rude to our kids! less than a magical experience even with the perfect view... the very LAST time we did it, once again I schlepped over there at 5 in the morning, this time I knew we were going to be sharing since I was only buying 10 seats....and once again I was first in line, that evening the CM that seated us started to seat the others first and I questioned them about the first bought first seated procedure, he tried to say because we had a wheelchair in our group he was letting the others in front of us, I firmly explained how he could MOVE a chair to allow the wheelchair in front so she could see....the CM was a bit resistive to the rearranging of the white chairs but I held firm and they gave in....after that last experience I decided that we had all seen fantasmic enough and would use the funds to do something else 'special' at the park..... as to the actual deserts.. first time it was wonderful, second time they actually RAN OUT of food before everyone had gone thru the buffett a single time, they had to run down to the Blue Bayou and borrow a cake so that everyone got a little something to snack on... and the 3rd time the service was so poor that I won't even go into it...but was it worth it for the "perfect" view of Fantasmic.. first time Definately, second time. yes third time, not really, the hassles were more than I wanted to deal with after a long day in the park....and I won't bother going into details about the 4th time at all ... let's just say that the experience was not at the Disney level that I have come to expect ....