PDA

View Full Version : passholder renewals - experiences

olegc
03-04-2016, 02:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone had experience in this - because its the first time I saw it.

I recently renewed my Premium pass to a Signature. My expiration date is March 26th. I renewed on Feb 26th. They took my debit card and I signed the receipt, and off I went. Well, a week later my site still shows a need to renew the pass AND my bank still has not been hit for the charge of $799.00.

I went today to ask the ticket folks and they told me that the system will keep the Premium pass there until it expires and then automatically switch over to the Signature pass. Here are my questions
1) has anyone else seen this actually execute correctly?
2) does the charge hit my account when the pass gets invoked (3/27) or was it supposed to go in now?

I hate to have the $$ just sit there because the account fluctuates. Ugh!

tea4two
03-04-2016, 03:24 PM
I don't know about question 2, but we went through a similar experience when we renewed/upgraded our passes last October. We renewed at the very beginning of our window, the new passes worked fine at the gate, but then we started having all sorts of problems with things like PhotoPass and our online accounts. Turns out that the computer did put the new passes on hold until the old Premiums officially expired. A few days after that expiration date, all the problems seemed to resolve themselves. So I think you'll be fine once your Premium pass officially expires.

olegc
03-05-2016, 08:18 AM
I don't know about question 2, but we went through a similar experience when we renewed/upgraded our passes last October. We renewed at the very beginning of our window, the new passes worked fine at the gate, but then we started having all sorts of problems with things like PhotoPass and our online accounts. Turns out that the computer did put the new passes on hold until the old Premiums officially expired. A few days after that expiration date, all the problems seemed to resolve themselves. So I think you'll be fine once your Premium pass officially expires.

I resolved question 2 - but do you think I will have issues now until the end of my window with PhotoPass?

BTW - i never got a "final expiration" notice for the pics I had in there from SW Half in the parks. :-(

tea4two
03-06-2016, 12:02 AM
If you do have problems with PhotoPass, call the help number to speak with a CM about whatever issues you are having. We got a super helpful CM who downloaded all the photos we couldn't access, put them on a DVD, and mailed it to us all for free. Since you only have a few more weeks until your official expiration date, let's hope you won't have any problems.