PDA

View Full Version : Another "pay" experience coming to DCA for WOC...

Pages : [1] 2

tlovesdis
03-03-2016, 08:51 AM
A whopping $79 per person for dessert and an up close seat...

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

Toocherie
03-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Hmmmm. AP discount?

cstephens
03-03-2016, 11:24 AM
A whopping $79 per person for dessert and an up close seat...

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/

Sounds like the same thing they used to do for Fantasmic. Why the quotations around the word 'pay'?

tlovesdis
03-03-2016, 11:40 AM
LOL I didn't even realize I did that!

Was the Fantasmic one $79? I never do the special dining stuff so I have no idea. I know the BB dinner for PTN is only $62 or something like that.

disneyobsessed
03-03-2016, 12:48 PM
The Fantasmic one was $60something, maybe $65 or $69. I never did it either. With a family of four and frequent visits to the parks, just not where we want to put our money.

Nikara
03-03-2016, 07:29 PM
What I find very interesting is that the description heavily implies that there will be actual seating for World of Color, which hasn't happened before up to this point.

Overall, it looks very similar to an offering at Epcot that I did with my family- it was fun as a special treat!

tlovesdis
03-04-2016, 07:46 AM
What I find very interesting is that the description heavily implies that there will be actual seating for World of Color, which hasn't happened before up to this point.

Overall, it looks very similar to an offering at Epcot that I did with my family- it was fun as a special treat!

Yes they have said there will be high tables.

olegc
03-04-2016, 12:20 PM
I hope the seating is not up close - then its ponchos and wet dessert.

jacandjan
03-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Made our reservations for this sparkling desert party Yesterday. Like the former Fantasmic reserved seating this is a pay in advance experience but unlike Fantasmic you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. I also asked if you don't care for wine is there another drink that you can order and was told that wine was the only alcoholic beverage being offered. Also was told no AP discounts. They said that they (Disney Dining) had been given very little info but were supposed to have a full run down in the next few days.

sjhanksaz
03-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Dang

I would never pay that for that. I would rather sit in the back and try and look around the kid on the shoulders of the dad in front of me.

IdahoMike
03-08-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm sure its a fun experience, but as disneyobsessed said, not where we want to put our money. $320 for a me and my 3 boys for dessert and seating? Nope.

candles71
03-08-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm sure its a fun experience, but as disneyobsessed said, not where we want to put our money. $320 for a me and my 3 boys for dessert and seating? Nope.
That is a lot of churros and corndogs. ;) The value isn't there for us as well.

olegc
03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I don't think it was ever intended for a wide audience. "Premium experiences" are just that - for those with dollars that flow like water.

candles71
03-08-2016, 01:01 PM
for those with dollars that flow like water.

I don't think this is true either, it goes back to what is of value you to you and what you choose to spend your discretionary income on. Choosing dessert seating doesn't mean you are swimming in cash.

olegc
03-08-2016, 01:45 PM
But it does make it an easier decision. Each if the experiences that have been coming out push the envelope. U can always say it's one's choice, ND where u find value, but wouldnt it be great if the focus was less on the word value which is usually code for higher price targets.

missm
03-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't think this is true either, it goes back to what is of value you to you and what you choose to spend your discretionary income on. Choosing dessert seating doesn't mean you are swimming in cash.

This! We will absolutely be doing this and we definitely don't have flowing cash.

I did the Fantasmic! dessert seating once before it ended and would do it again in a heartbeat. We only go to Disney every two years or so now instead of every year. This has allowed us to stay on property and do even more special experiences. That works for us but it definitely doesn't work for everyone. We have friends that go at least once per year but they eat food they bring into the park themselves and get no souveniers. That sounds awful to me personally but they love it.

I hope this is still going on when we go next year. We haven't watched WOC since our first time because I can never see around the people in front of me, I was not blessed with height.

jacandjan
03-08-2016, 05:33 PM
We too are not swimming in cash but having done the reserved dinning experince several times and we feel this may be worth the cost. We did have reservations at Ariel's for the dinning pacakage but past experience has showed us that even if we show up as soon as they open the area that there are a few that show up at the last minute and expect your group to make room for them right up front. Not always a fun experience but always try to accommodate the kids when possible. We hope that having an assigned seat will eliminate this problem. Besides, showing up an hour or so early and then waiting for the show has proved to be a bit of a pain the older we get so knowing we have a seat was really the reason we are trying this.

bennette
03-08-2016, 07:20 PM
We rarely watch World of Color because of the issues involved with standing. Technically I can find a way to make the show work for us within the "free" parameters but I don't find it to be an enjoyable or effective use of my park time. It was about the only way we got to Fantasmic as well.

Plus it's rare that I can get the feeling of rolling in dollars for less than a hundred bucks! I don't even eat the desserts, that's how many dollars I have to throw away! ;)

Malcon10t
03-08-2016, 08:06 PM
But it does make it an easier decision. Each if the experiences that have been coming out push the envelope. U can always say it's one's choice, ND where u find value, but wouldnt it be great if the focus was less on the word value which is usually code for higher price targets.I'm not following (don't know what ND stands for.) Are you saying they should offer these options as an unpaid option?

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the cost. You can view the show for free. Or for a fee, 60 or so people can watch the show while sitting and get dessert and wine.

We did the Fantasmic! dessert often. It was one thing that we really enjoyed. Dollars flowing? Not so much. We choose what to spend out money on, and this was something we liked. I've seen 1 movie in the theater in the last 5 years, my car is older, but when I come to Disneyland, I enjoy experiences.

olegc
03-08-2016, 08:17 PM
ND should have been "and"

Malcon10t
03-09-2016, 11:35 AM
But it does make it an easier decision. Each if the experiences that have been coming out push the envelope. U can always say it's one's choice, ND where u find value, but wouldnt it be great if the focus was less on the word value which is usually code for higher price targets.I'm honestly trying to understand your point. Are you against having add ons?

I find it no different than car buying. You can buy a Nissan Versa or you can buy a Tesla. Both will get you to work and home. So, why should anyone buy a Tesla?

You can watch WOC from the standby area, from a fast pass area, a dining area, or you can get the dessert tables. It is really all about what you wish to experience.

I did Fantasmic! from the dessert area as it worked much better for our family. We didn't splurge on other things others thought were great. But it was a way my daughter could enjoy Fantasmic!

sjhanksaz
03-09-2016, 11:56 AM
And they said - Let them Eat Cake!

for $79 you can

cstephens
03-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Some would say that having an annual pass, especially one of the higher levels of passes, is only for people who have dollars that flow like water. We all make choices on what we want to spend our disposable income on. (And yes, there are some people who truly cannot afford to go to Disneyland. Ever. That's not what I'm discussing.) I only ever did the Fantasmic dessert thing when it was from the balcony of the then-Disney Gallery (now the Dream Suite) once, and that was because friends got married earlier in the day and wanted to get a group of friends together for it that night. I'd thought about doing the Fantasmic dessert thing from river side but never felt enough of a desire to actually do it. I'm not likely to do this offering because it doesn't appeal to me - heck, last weekend, I watched World of Color from the back, right near the fun wheel. But for someone else, it can offer value that they're willing to spend the extra money on.

I just think it's weird when people complain about things they "can't" do. They could give up their iPhones and get a cheaper phone. That would save money. They could give up their premium cable TV channels. That would save money. And they could then use that money on something else. But if they really want their iPhone and their premium cable TV, then that makes sense for them to spend their disposable income on that. Heck, I've told some of my friends that they would have a lot more money if they didn't have any children. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be willing to give up a minute of their time with their kids in exchange for a little dessert and a chair to watch World of Color.

adriennek
03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm not likely to do this offering because it doesn't appeal to me - heck, last weekend, I watched World of Color from the back, right near the fun wheel.

When I heard "Sparkling Wine" my ears perked up. Dessert with a glass of bubbly? You have my interest.

But, I'm not big on World of Color. And, for $79, if there's a child or an adult who chooses not to drink alcohol, I really don't see the value in it. The description I read is vague. Now, I'm notorious for not reading carefully enough, we know that. But based on the price point of the tea at Steakhouse 55, I'm going to assume that the amount of food and adult beverage is similar - one glass of alcohol or sparkling cider, maybe refills on non-alcoholic somethings? Hopefully?

I would do it for a different show. If I could get that for Fantasmic and fireworks, I could see myself doing it for a special occasion - either with a group of friends who decided to do something special together or a special treat with my husband.

Pixiedust58
03-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Although not something I would do on a regular basis I appreciate the option. I dislike having to invest 2-3 hours to get a good spot and I am not a fan of all the standing around, then sitting on the ground only to stand again. I do it because I love the show. More than likely I will make a thank you gift of it to my daughter and son-in-law for sharing their villa time with me in May. It is nice to have that "special" option.