PDA

View Full Version : Come for Lunch or Stay for the Whole Day.

Pages : [1] 2

mamabot
12-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Has anyone heard the holiday push, er, I mean commercial, where the boy asks Santa for an Annual Passport for Disneyland?

One of the lines is "Come for lunch or stay for the whole day". Now if TDA is concerned with APers coming into the park just for a quick visit, why would they be inviting them to do that before they are inviting them to stay for the whole day.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

watkinz
12-02-2003, 08:04 AM
I heard the ad on my way into work this morning. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that particular line didn't quite site right with me...

Call me paranoid, but I hope this doesn't mean that Disneyland will eventually deteriorate into just another lunch stop in Southern California.

sediment
12-02-2003, 08:20 AM
"Come for lunch, or shop the whole day..."

Not Afraid
12-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by sediment
"Come for lunch, or shop the whole day..."

We do both.......Evil Apers.

timl33
12-02-2003, 09:11 AM
8 bux for parking each time for people who don't have Premiums or parking passes.

Originally posted by mamabot
One of the lines is "Come for lunch or stay for the whole day". Now if TDA is concerned with APers coming into the park just for a quick visit, why would they be inviting them to do that before they are inviting them to stay for the whole day.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

sediment
12-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Who knew that the parking structure could actually pay for itself? How much of that $8 goes to DL and/or DCA's revenue stream, since that is for the most part why people park there?

Not Afraid, I'm glad you do. You are not evil.

Not Afraid
12-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Not Afraid, I'm glad you do. You are not evil.

:~D

sediment
12-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Well, NOW you are!

Demigod121
12-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, NOW you are!

Hey! GRRRRR! :mad:

(NO NA IS NOT EVIL...SO THERE.)

-Demigod
(Defender of the Just, Slayer of Evil.....yeah, right!)

DisneyDustin22
12-02-2003, 11:41 AM
hmm...a monte cristo sounds good right now, think ill head over to the bayou

Cadaverous Pallor
12-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by watkinz
I heard the ad on my way into work this morning. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that particular line didn't quite site right with me...

Call me paranoid, but I hope this doesn't mean that Disneyland will eventually deteriorate into just another lunch stop in Southern California. I've stopped there for a meal and left. I don't see the problem.

Worry about the obnoxious, loud, push-in-front-of-kids-to-buy-pins APers. Me and my friends are just hopeless, harmless addicts. :D

Andrew
12-02-2003, 01:20 PM
When I was a motorcycle courier (I didn't courier motorcycles, I was a courier on a motorcycle :geek: ) and had deliveries to the Santa Ana courthouse, I'd often stop at Disneyland on the way back for a Mint Julep and just sit on a bench near the RoA for a little while. A wonderful way to relax and de-stress from the freeway madness.

This was back when motorcycle parking was right next to the Kennel Club. It was the first or second year I had an AP.

watkinz
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
I've stopped there for a meal and left. I don't see the problem.

After reading my post again, I don't think I was very clear on my point:

The problem isn't stopping for lunch. (I, too have stopped by just for a quick fritter fix.) :)

Basically when I heard the ad this morning, I had this horrible picture in my head of Disneyland in such a sorry state that it was basically just a giant restaurant/mall.

The ad just put a bizarre picture in my head, that's all. Looking back I probably shouldn't have even bothered posting. This is why I don't post very often. :)

Carry on...

cstephens
12-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I'd be more inclined to stop by for lunch or dinner if the restaurants I liked were still there and open...

sediment
12-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by watkinz
Basically when I heard the ad this morning, I had this horrible picture in my head of Disneyland in such a sorry state that it was basically just a giant restaurant/mall.
Carry on...

You were having a vision.

hazlnut
12-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by mamabot
Now if TDA is concerned with APers coming into the park just for a quick visit, why would they be inviting them to do that before they are inviting them to stay for the whole day.

Why would they be concerned about short visits?

hazlnut
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by timl33
8 bux for parking each time for people who don't have Premiums or parking passes.

I thought all AP's park for free.

HBTiggerFan
12-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hazlnut
I thought all AP's park for free.

Only the Premium comes with parking included in the cost. And it's not free, its *included in the cost* of the pass. The SoCal and Deluxe both have parking as a $40 add on.

cemeinke
12-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Of course if you are there for a short visit, you can park in the Downtown Disney lot free for the first 3 hours (5 with validation)

Bruce Bergman
12-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I'd be more inclined to stop by for lunch or dinner if the restaurants I liked were still there and open...

And if I hadn't tried everything that sounds remotely interesting on all the menus in all the restaurants... :(

There have been a few efforts through the years by various restaurant managers to add some variety to their menus - like a monthly special, but they were all shot down by the executives. :mad:

The bright folks back in TDA (especially "The Sharp Pencil Boys" :geek: in Accountaneering) want simple and short menus with just a few entree choices, so they have less ingredients to prepare and the serving lines move faster. Who cares if they're boring the heck out of the repeat Guests, and causing them to leave the park for a nice meal outside.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Cadaverous Pallor
12-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hazlnut
Why would they be concerned about short visits? A lot of people have been guessing as much lately. There are a ton of threads talking about the possible pros and cons of issuing APs. I think Mamabot's point was, management can't be having problems with APers and their short visits if this is what they're pushing in the ads.

watkinz - it's all good. And BTW, your vision was obviously not Disneyland - it was DCA. :eek: ;)

ComfyCody
12-03-2003, 05:28 PM
I visited DLR for only 5 days in June and the lack of food choices bored me almost immediately! I could only live on Churros for so long with the sugar highs and crashing lows!! (Ok, I have to admit I would be happy to stop and get a churro on my lunch break if I only lived close enough!)

CoasterMatt
12-03-2003, 06:12 PM
I get nice hot churros at lunch from time to time, within walking distance of work :D

sleepyjeff
12-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
A lot of people have been guessing as much lately. There are a ton of threads talking about the possible pros and cons of issuing APs. I think Mamabot's point was, management can't be having problems with APers and their short visits if this is what they're pushing in the ads.

watkinz - it's all good. And BTW, your vision was obviously not Disneyland - it was DCA. :eek: ;)

A few years ago Burger King lowered the price of their whopper from $1.98 to .99 cents. They advertised it a little, but for the most part just rolled along with little fuss with the discounted price for a couple of years. Than, all of the sudden, they started touting the .99 cent whopper with a heavy ad campaign. Almost immediately following the ad campaign they raised the price of the whopper back up to $1.98.

My question is; why did they get rid of the cheap price if it was working so well?

My answer( guess actually ); the ad campaign was a last ditch effort to save the .99 cent whopper.............

Picturing drawing available upon request;)

HBTiggerFan
12-03-2003, 09:00 PM
I always figured they lowered the price of the Whopper because Jack in the Box lowered the price of the JUmbo Jack.

I don't see the AP program needing a last ditch effort to be saved. It's booming as it is.