PDA

View Full Version : Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters [opening date and previews]

Pages : [1] 2

Neverland Princess
02-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Now that Disney has announced a March 7th opening date for Luigi's in Carsland. What are the chances of a soft opening sometime the weekend prior the days (4-6) to coincide with my trip down there?

Tony
02-25-2016, 09:33 AM
From the Disney Parks Blog:

As we told you last year, Luigi has invited his cousins from Carsoli, Italy, to Radiator Springs for a special celebration! Today, I’m very eccitata to tell you that the celebration will begin when Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters opens March 7 at Disney California Adventure park.

https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Luigi4-900.jpg
https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Luigi1-900.jpg

In this all-new attraction, Luigi will turn the tire storage yard behind his Casa Della Tires into a dance floor! Cars Land guests will be able to ride along with Luigi’s cousins as they move and spin to upbeat Italian music, performing the traditional dances of their hometown village.
Each dancing car will have its own high-spirited personality and signature dance moves – making every ride unpredictable, as you won’t know which way they will turn and spin next! Take a look at how Walt Disney Imagineering created this carefully choreographed dance in this behind-the-scenes video:

lilgwacie
02-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Now that Disney has announced a March 7th opening date for Luigi's in Carsland. What are the chances of a soft opening sometime the weekend prior the days (4-6) to coincide with my trip down there?

I just saw an announcement on facebook that they're allowing APs to preview the attraction on Friday, March 4 from 9 am - 10 pm. Not sure if you have a pass, but if you do, you can get an early ride on Luigi's. They do scan the pass at the entrance though.

candles71
02-25-2016, 10:17 AM
Keep checking back.
We were there the week they were doing AP soft openings for Star Tours 2.0. We just happened to check the last morning and they were doing anyone who wanted to get in line. Little Mermaid was doing CM only, we never got on it.

Tony
02-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Passholder Preview:

In celebration of the opening of Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, Annual Passholders are invited to be among the first to experience the attraction on March 4, 2016 from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm before it opens to the general public on March 7, 2016.

A valid Annual Passport must be presented at the attraction entrance for entry during these hours (valid photo ID may also be required). To ride this attraction, a Guest must be 32” or taller. This preview may involve long wait periods, and the attraction may experience temporary closures or cancellation without notice. Separate Park admission required. Subject to other restrictions including capacity constraints.

olegc
02-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Passholder Preview:

In celebration of the opening of Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, Annual Passholders are invited to be among the first to experience the attraction on March 4, 2016 from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm before it opens to the general public on March 7, 2016.

A valid Annual Passport must be presented at the attraction entrance for entry during these hours (valid photo ID may also be required). To ride this attraction, a Guest must be 32” or taller. This preview may involve long wait periods, and the attraction may experience temporary closures or cancellation without notice. Separate Park admission required. Subject to other restrictions including capacity constraints.

that page has since been pulled from the AP site. the banner link for it is there on the News section, but you click it and the Stitch-ate-the-page error comes up.

and while i typed the above even the banner headline is gone. So - who knows if there are still previews on 3/4.

olegc
02-25-2016, 10:49 AM
that page has since been pulled from the AP site. the banner link for it is there on the News section, but you click it and the Stitch-ate-the-page error comes up.

and while i typed the above even the banner headline is gone. So - who knows if there are still previews on 3/4.

and now the page is back. FUN with busy web sites.

miss bianca
02-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Can we expect soft openings 3/5?

bumblebeeonarose
02-25-2016, 10:57 AM

I actually saw this on Facebook. It was the first Luigi's opening announcement I saw. If they posted it to their AP Facebook page, then it's unlikely they'll cancel it already. That would anger people. It is probably just the website being glitchy.

AnotherJenny
02-25-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm curious at what age people's kids hit 32 inches? I think it could be a little sad to potentially take a 2 year old to Cars Land and they can't ride any of the cars that they'll see there. I know the previous attraction had a height requirement, and I think this one looks really interesting, but I wonder if something "all ages" might have been better. Even at 18 months I think kids would want to go on the car rides.

Neverland Princess
02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
great, I will definitely keep checking. Thanks.

bumblebeeonarose
02-25-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm curious at what age people's kids hit 32 inches? I think it could be a little sad to potentially take a 2 year old to Cars Land and they can't ride any of the cars that they'll see there. I know the previous attraction had a height requirement, and I think this one looks really interesting, but I wonder if something "all ages" might have been better. Even at 18 months I think kids would want to go on the car rides.

My kids hit 35" (height for Gadget's) before turning two. My daughter is tall for a little girl, but my son is fairly average for a little boy. Mater's is my son's favorite ride. I think he rode it starting around 18 months.

I think a 32" height requirement guarantees the kid can walk and support him/herself. At Discovery Kingdom (Six Flags Nor CA) a tot can't ride anything, except the train, unless they can walk. This new ride doesn't seem very fast, but I'm sure there are reasons it has a requirement. Probably something to do with seating configurations; I noticed the sides are open perhaps a small child could fall out.

Malcon10t
02-25-2016, 01:33 PM
My granddaughter (Heiress) was 32" prior to hitting a year. I know she was 32" by 10 mos. 32" is the 50-70 percentile for a 15mos old.

*Nala*
02-25-2016, 05:34 PM
I don't remember the exact age my youngest hit 32" but I know she was tall enough to ride the "tractors" and the "tires" by the time she was old enough to understand there were rides in Cars Land and she needed to go bonk her head on the sign.

Looking forward to the new ride. I hope it is enough different from Maters though my cubs will probably like it either way.

TTFN92
02-27-2016, 11:57 AM
I think this ride looks boring.

MidwayManiac
02-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Bear in mind the ride only needs to surpass the entertainment value of Luigi's. The bar is set incredibly low, in other words.

danyoung
02-29-2016, 07:11 AM

How can you state that when you haven't even been on it, heck, haven't even SEEN what it's going to do?

TTFN92
02-29-2016, 02:36 PM
How can you state that when you haven't even been on it, heck, haven't even SEEN what it's going to do?

I said it LOOKS boring. I watched the video on the Disney blog. We had a family party last night and we all watched it and thought the same thing. The people on it looked bored too. I am hoping that I am wrong. I will go on it and give it a shot but the video doesn't look promising.

Bear in mind the ride only needs to surpass the entertainment value of Luigi's. The bar is set incredibly low, in other words.

LOL!!!

Seashellmama
02-29-2016, 07:45 PM
32" is a 50th percentile boy at 17 months, and girl at 19months. It is a 5th percentile 24month old boy or 26month old girl.

sjhanksaz
03-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Will riders have any control over their car or is it all automated?

oregontraveler
03-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Will riders have any control over their car or is it all automated?

All automated. I think there are 18 different sequences. and they all end with the cars facing the next group of drivers.

olegc
03-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Passholder preview hiccup this AM again an issue with WIFI for the CM scanner. If they plan to use more of this they need to upgrade the network.

olegc
03-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Free keychains today at AP preview. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/eba322717d90463511ab1f39e64d9dec.jpg

candles71
03-04-2016, 09:36 AM
That is really cute, I want one. No that I need another keychain.

Pammer
03-04-2016, 10:16 AM
That is really cute, I want one. No that I need another keychain.Me too!