PDA

View Full Version : Mad T Party ending March 30

AVP
02-15-2016, 08:30 PM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/180874-2/MadTParty051615-AVP.jpg

Disney has confirmed (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/02/last-serving-of-mad-t-party-set-for-march-30-at-disney-california-adventure-park/) that the Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure will end on March 30. The end of the after-hours dance party is scheduled just two days before the start of the 2016 Food & Wine Festival begins at DCA, and it's a good bet the Mad T Party stage and bars will be quickly re-themed for the Festival.

Disney hasn't said if another after-hours party will debut after the Food & Wine Festival ends May 1, but we can't imagine the company would leave the venue dark – there's too much money to be had from drink sales. The question is simply - what will the theme be? Some are questioning why Disney would end the T Party before the newest Alice in Wonderland movie debuts. Maybe we'll see a third Alice-themed event, but my guess is that they'll go with a completely new theme, something that will last beyond the end of the 60th anniversary celebration in September.

tlovesdis
02-18-2016, 11:52 AM
My guess is either Frozen or Star Wars themed. Seems everything is headed in one of those directions.

candles71
02-18-2016, 03:22 PM
My guess is either Frozen or Star Wars themed. Seems everything is headed in one of those directions.
We already had Frozen, and I believe it was not as well attended.

cstephens
02-18-2016, 04:02 PM
We already had Frozen, and I believe it was not as well attended.

I believe that is attributable, in large part, to the fact that they went back to just having a DJ and not a live band. It makes a huge difference.

candles71
02-18-2016, 05:02 PM
I believe that is attributable, in large part, to the fact that they went back to just having a DJ and not a live band. It makes a huge difference.
That would make a difference.

tinkerbell24
03-02-2016, 11:44 AM
so does anyone happened to know why the Mad T Party is going away?

AVP
03-02-2016, 11:57 AM
so does anyone happened to know why the Mad T Party is going away?Food & Wine Festival is taking over that area, including the stage.

AVP

tinkerbell24
03-02-2016, 12:05 PM
but after the Food & Wine Festival is over it won't come back

AVP
03-04-2016, 10:54 AM
but after the Food & Wine Festival is over it won't come backProbably not with that theme, but they are almost certain to do something like that. The money from food & beverage sales is probably too good to pass up.