PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell Owes Us a Perfectly Safe Park - LA Times, 11/30/03

Darkbeer
11-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Tinkerbell Owes Us a Perfectly Safe Park (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-parsons30nov30,1,3660901.story) - Los Angeles Times, 11/30/03

David Koenig is quoted in the article.

QuikQuote: Is it fair to demand perfection from Disneyland, which entertains millions of people every year and has who knows how many moving mechanical parts on the grounds?
When it comes to preventing fatal accidents, the answer is yes. Why accept anything less from a magic kingdom?

disneyfreak2727
11-30-2003, 03:05 PM
What does that mean???????:rolleyes: :confused: :crying: :(

HBTiggerFan
11-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Well I can't read the article, but I think it means that people (other than us Disney junkies) are expecting better from Disney.

No place is 100% safe. Not even Disneyland, but the general public is starting to show outrage in the decline in the *Disney quality*. The BTRR accident was basically caused by poor maintence, caused by cost cutting.

hazlnut
12-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by disneyfreak2727
What does that mean???????:rolleyes: :confused: :crying: :(

It means this: "'People have always gotten hurt at Disneyland, but they didn't get hurt with such regularity for doing nothing wrong,' says David Koenig, an Aliso Viejo author of two books on Disneyland. Until recent years, Koenig says, all of the fatal accidents and the vast majority of the serious, non-fatal ones — incidents that might make the news, for example — were the result of the victim doing something he or she shouldn't have done."

Roller Coasters/ Amusement rides are RELATIVELY simple machines. Properly maintained, they don't just break down.

(please note the word relatively in caps before posting a response calling me an idiot)