PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Holiday... Believe?

jazzjunkie
11-30-2003, 11:54 AM
I only have one weekend night there.. braving the weekend crowds only to watch this! Would appreciate your input :)

DLfreak
11-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Right in front of the castle. :)
Or on Main Street, towards the end closest to the hub.

cemeinke
11-30-2003, 01:15 PM
If you're only going to see it once, you'll want to see it in front of the castle for the full effects - that means Hub or Mainstreet. We have a favorite spot by the Camera shop.

But remember, they're doing believe during the week as well through the Holiday season.

BY the way - we'd love to see you again, so if you're up for a meet, let us know and maybe we can join you.

Darkbeer
11-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Actually for the best snow effect, you need to move up the street and be around the Penny Arcade, for the full lighting and snowing effect.

TheatreTech
11-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Actually for the best snow effect, you need to move up the street and be around the Penny Arcade, for the full lighting and snowing effect.
But, be sure to be on the East side of Main Street (Near the porch./ Right side when facing the Castle.) or a tree near the Coke Corner will block some of the fireworks

jazzjunkie
12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Ah, thanks for all the help. I didn't know Believe was on during weekdays right now.. might cut short my stay by a day then. I'd love to meet you guys, but I'm not staying on a sunday, so unless you guys are up for a weekday meet... :D

Not Afraid
12-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jazzjunkie
Ah, thanks for all the help. I didn't know Believe was on during weekdays right now.. might cut short my stay by a day then. I'd love to meet you guys, but I'm not staying on a sunday, so unless you guys are up for a weekday meet... :D

Are you kidding? We're always up for a meet! Tell us when and we'll see what we can do.

Bruce Bergman
12-01-2003, 07:17 PM

You do NOT want to be "right in front of the castle", too close is as bad as too far away. If you are in the street in the north end of the Hub (and to a lesser extent inside the Hub north of the "Partners" statue), you are going to miss the "Nine Line" fireworks that spread across the backdrop, and that's half of the "Oooooh! Factor" of the show. :D Though the fireworks off the castle itself are right in your face from there.

You want to be on Main Street by the Photo Supply (on the east side of or on top of the streetcar tracks) or a bit further back to about the Penny Arcade (but on the east side of the street) to get the optimum fireworks sightlines and the best snow effects.

Unfortunately, everyone else knows this too, so get there early. And be prepared to be stuck in a crowd crunch for a while after the snow stops, before everyone gets moving again.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Freerider127
12-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Another good place is with Rod Miller by coke corner.

jazzjunkie
12-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Lisa, I left you a PM ;)

LOVE Rod Miller. But wouldn't I be blocked by the standing crowds?

cryan71
12-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Freerider127
Another good place is with Rod Miller by coke corner.

Actually, Rod now stands in front of the big tree by the stairs that go from Plaza Pavillion to the coke corner. Its a really good spot because there are no trees blocking the big fireworks (however, they do block a little bit of the castle fireworks and you don't get the snow effect.)

Bruce Bergman
12-02-2003, 07:43 AM
LOVE Rod Miller. But wouldn't I be blocked by the standing crowds?

Well, that's more a product of being a "Stature Challenged" :rolleyes: person, like Rod... Do you still have that old pair of 1970's 6" platform shoes in the closet? :D If not, get a set of painter's stilts or a soap box... :p

(Yes, there's a visual: Walking in the Main Gate carrying a folding stepstool...)

Seriously: You have to arrange your local section of crowd (10' radius) so the taller people are behind you and they leave a 'sight tunnel' forward so everyone (including you) can see the show. I end up towards the back, but there's usually one or two basketball players behind me.

Almost all people are cooperative about this when you ask nicely.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Freerider127
12-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cryan71
Actually, Rod now stands in front of the big tree by the stairs that go from Plaza Pavillion to the coke corner. Its a really good spot because there are no trees blocking the big fireworks (however, they do block a little bit of the castle fireworks and you don't get the snow effect.)

Thats what i meant.

jazzjunkie
12-02-2003, 06:15 PM
I watched it tonight - it was lovely. So much so that I was not at all grouchy braving the crowds right after (early park closure meant that EVERYONE was heading out at that time). Thanks everyone!

Morrigoon
12-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Go early, look for pole holes in the ground near the photo shop, make sure you stand behind what will be the back rope for hte walkway.

Not Afraid
12-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Go early, look for pole holes in the ground near the photo shop, make sure you stand behind what will be the back rope for hte walkway.

HA. Sounds familiar.;)

MonorailMan
12-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
HA. Sounds familiar.;)

Yep. :D

Not Afraid
12-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Tonight's the night! We're going to meet JazzJunkie at DL tonight to watch Believe! Anyone who wants to join us, just call. Most everyone knows my cell.

I can't wait to see JazzJunkie again, who has traveled halfway around the world TWICE to be at DL. Good times!