PDA

View Full Version : New DisneyPhotoPass on Disneyland.com

olegc
01-30-2016, 03:34 PM
So I noticed with an update release to the Disneyland App they also released a new version of Photopass. The good? Preview pics are bigger so you can see detail. The primary focus on downloads (which is not surprising due to the tie in to the Signature pass). The bad? the watermark across the pics - and now no more borders for the photos. I used some of the borders for specialty pics (like Star Wars or Holiday). I hope those come back. And you could get a larger sample when you did the "slide show" but that's not available any more.

Also - my current pass for some reason won't connect with the app on my phone, even when I typed in the code. I should still be able view the pics if not download for free. I wonder if it will work

AnotherJenny
01-30-2016, 05:28 PM
It looks like they've also done away with the mobile site. That's too bad, as I much prefer to just use my phone's browser for sites I don't visit very often instead of downloading an app. It looks like you can claim ride photos now, so that's cool to get a little extra time to decide.

Nightwing
01-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Happy that it finally remembers my username and password. Nice to bring up photos in the ap.

czarina68
01-31-2016, 07:33 PM
For the life of me this week, I could not figure out how to connect my IOS app with my Photopass while I was on site, but it was super easy to add my pass and individual ride photo IDs to my DL account in a browser once I got home. The watermarks make it hard to see if it's a decent photo when they obscure faces, but otherwise a pretty nice service.

olegc
01-31-2016, 07:42 PM
For the life of me this week, I could not figure out how to connect my IOS app with my Photopass while I was on site, but it was super easy to add my pass and individual ride photo IDs to my DL account in a browser once I got home. The watermarks make it hard to see if it's a decent photo when they obscure faces, but otherwise a pretty nice service.
I could not connect my pass to service on phone or computer.

Nightwing
01-31-2016, 09:10 PM
I could not connect my pass to service on phone or computer.

Have you checked with the phone or at the ticketbooth? Have some fits last year like that.

AJDerrick
02-01-2016, 06:26 AM
So what are the purchase options for those who don't have APs? Since they stopped the presale of the photo CDs online (sad!) is there still an option to purchase a full download of all your pics, including ride photos? How does the price compare?

olegc
02-01-2016, 06:31 AM
So what are the purchase options for those who don't have APs? Since they stopped the presale of the photo CDs online (sad!) is there still an option to purchase a full download of all your pics, including ride photos? How does the price compare?
There is a PhotoPass OneDay where u purchase all photos for download in a day - photopass, ride pics, etc. However, there is no option for multi day so those of u on a week or whatever - I don't know how it will work for you. The parks blog got a lot of questions and the last I checked not many answers.

lifeisgood
02-01-2016, 09:55 PM
I posted this on the Photopass Plus thread in the trip Planning section last week (January 28th). Guess I should have posted in News and Current Events.:

Disneyland Photopass website has completely changed. No more adding borders or editing photos. Digital downloads only...no photo CDs. Wish I hadn't procrastinated and had ordered my photo CD from my Christmas trip. I had a pre-paid photopass+ (that I purchased in October).

Also, the expiration policy has changed. Used to be 30 days to view then 30 days from the day you viewed to purchase. Now all photos expire 45 days from the date they are taken. Even though I received an email that said my photos expire on Feb 2, they actually expired about 2 weeks ago (according to the new expiration policy) and disappeared from my account when they switched over to the new website yesterday. After over 30 minutes on hold with Photopass help line, I finally got help from a pleasant, helpful CM, and my expired photos have magically reappeared. Well, most of them. No more "Bonus" stock photos mixed in with your photos anymore either.

You can now purchase all of the photos that are taken on a particular day (including ride photos) for $39.00. It's called Disney PhotoPass+ - One Day. You do not need to pre-purchase this.

I think what's REALLY important (and I don't think is highlighted well) is the change to the expiration policy. I'm also disappointed in not being able to add the cute borders and crop my photos before downloading, but the CM I spoke to said those function MAY become available at a later time.

olegc
02-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I posted this on the Photopass Plus thread in the trip Planning section last week (January 28th). Guess I should have posted in News and Current Events.:

I think what's REALLY important (and I don't think is highlighted well) is the change to the expiration policy. I'm also disappointed in not being able to add the cute borders and crop my photos before downloading, but the CM I spoke to said those function MAY become available at a later time.
Thanks. I should have checked that forum. So many changes at the resort at the same time across the board. I would say we'll see another bump in food prices in the next month (after staffing cuts, admission increase, changes to pass availability, etc
)

olegc
02-14-2016, 05:31 PM
so I'm coming back to this - as I noted in the explanation of AP days that they would help with the new PhotoPass portion as part of the Disneyland App. Well, they didn't. They gave me a card to call someone in florida to get help with the app.

I also noticed anything I tried to do with my AP tied to the Disneyland App and the PhotoPass portion was dead in the water. It said, again, my pass was used by another account. I bet this is how my pass got screwed up in the first place - they creation of the App authentication may create a second "account" even though you are using the same login. Interesting.

tea4two
02-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Has your old pass officially expired or are you still within your 40 day renewal window? Our PhotoPass accounts were messed up, too. After many calls to the AP hotline, PhotoPass guest services, and IT, it turned out that the Disney site can't process two numbers for the same account, even if the passholder name is the same for both. Upgrading to Sig+ changed our pass numbers, so we had to wait until the Premium APs expired. A day or 2 after that expiration, the problems with PhotoPass cleared up.

olegc
02-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Has your old pass officially expired or are you still within your 40 day renewal window? Our PhotoPass accounts were messed up, too. After many calls to the AP hotline, PhotoPass guest services, and IT, it turned out that the Disney site can't process two numbers for the same account, even if the passholder name is the same for both. Upgrading to Sig+ changed our pass numbers, so we had to wait until the Premium APs expired. A day or 2 after that expiration, the problems with PhotoPass cleared up.
My renewal window opens Feb 17th

To me - this whole move to sig. Screwed things up for many.

SteveMartin
02-15-2016, 06:54 AM
We had the exact same thing happen to my wife's photopass on a Premiere AP. The weird thing was it was only her pass. Our passes expire on the same dates, and photopass wouldn't work on hers, but worked fine on mine (both Premiere APs). We went to the photopass booth and could see the photos that were scanned with her magic band, but they wouldn't show up on the app. The CM at photopass sent us to Guest Relations and they couldn't figure out the issue either. The Guest Relations CM ended up giving us a business card with a FL phone number to call. We never called the number, but the issue was "magically" resolved the next morning - it just started working and is working still.

olegc
02-15-2016, 07:19 AM
I need to make that call. I still think there must be different "accounts" based in what u use (different databases) even if u use a single sign on to access them.

PoomShanka
02-17-2016, 02:46 PM
If this means that the Photopass Plus that I have been thrilled to buy for years now is not available anymore, then this is horrendously bad news.

I've always gotten the 69.95 version that is good for as many photos as you want for your entire trip, plus rides and character meals. Now they offer ONE DAY?!? Why should I even expect Disney to be THAT generous? Ugh and double ugh.

I am only a lowly Deluxe AP holder, so mine will not be included.

How much are digital downloads to purchase, anyway? I have never done that because I've always been spoiled with the PP+!!!!!!!! ***cries***

AJDerrick
02-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Thanks, this helps. Do you know if you can add multiple photopass cards to the one day of downloads? Or is it just a single photopass card that only works for that day?

tlovesdis
02-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks, this helps. Do you know if you can add multiple photopass cards to the one day of downloads? Or is it just a single photopass card that only works for that day?

Yes you can. I had about three cards and scanned them all and all the pics showed up!

bumblebeeonarose
02-25-2016, 06:41 AM
Yes you can. I had about three cards and scanned them all and all the pics showed up!

Were your cards from previous days? I think that is what AJD was asking. Could he get pictures on Monday with a regular card, then buy the one day photopass on Tuesday and also scan his Monday card? If that's the case it seems like a big loop hole.

AnotherJenny
02-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Were your cards from previous days? I think that is what AJD was asking. Could he get pictures on Monday with a regular card, then buy the one day photopass on Tuesday and also scan his Monday card? If that's the case it seems like a big loop hole.

No. They group your photos by when they were taken, not by when you registered the cards.

bumblebeeonarose
02-25-2016, 11:01 AM
No. They group your photos by when they were taken, not by when you registered the cards.

That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't make sense if you could stack up cards from previous days.

AJDerrick
03-01-2016, 07:00 AM
I'm going with a big group in May. So by the current system, I think we could have one family purchase the one day photopass each day, and between our 4 sub-families we'd each pay for it once but be able to get all 4 days of pics if we combined our photopass cards. Doing it as separate download and purchase, still getting attraction photos every day. Sound right?

Do you have to have a special photopass card to get the attraction photos, or will they put them on any photopass now?