PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland flag

mainstreet54
11-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Is there an offical Disneyland flag? The train station flies an American flag and a state of California flag I think.

Dexter
11-29-2003, 10:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there is not a Disneyland flag. The flag pole in Town Square does fly the California flag and the American flag.

Several buildings through the park fly the American flag, and the Disney coat of arms can be found on the castle, but other than that....

RStar
11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
I thought I saw a flag with Mickey flying somewhere up near the front of the park like at the train depot. Don't know if it was a special thing, or if it was just a character thing or a "Disneyland" flag.

And do they ever give the flags flown a Disneyland? I would think you'd have to do something special to be honored with a flag flown over Disneyland!

tod
11-30-2003, 08:56 AM
There is a small orange flag with Mickey Mouse on it that usually flies at the west end on the Main Street Train Station.

I remember a light-blue flag with a dark-blue sketch castle in the center and the Old-English "Disneyland" across the middle in yellow, but I don't remember where I saw it. Maybe Frontier Landing.

And your Congressional representative can get you an American flag that has flown (momentarily) over the U.S. Capitol building and I'd rather have one of those -- and I do -- than one that has flown over Disneyland. But I wouldn't want Mickey Mouse memorabilia from the U.S. Capitol either.

--T

10-8
11-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Tod was correct in that there used to be a blue background Disneyland flag, but I too can't recall where I saw it last. There are only two flags I can think of that are unique to the Resort at the Disneyland Hotel, which flies it's own colors (White Background with a Blue Castle and Gothic lettering) and the Grand Californian Flag (the hotel logo). Now off to search for where I've seen that blue flag!

10-8
11-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Tod was correct in that their used to be a blue background Disneyland flag, but I too can't recall where I saw it last. The closest two flags I can think of that are unique to the Resort is the Disneyland Hotel Flag (White Background with a Blue Castle and Gothic lettering) and the Grand Californian Flag (the hotel logo). Now off to search for where I've seen that blue flag!

UncleGDogWord
11-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Back when I was a kid in the early 70's I seem to remember that it was a like a square flag with the Disney "D" on a blue field.

Laffite
11-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord
Back when I was a kid in the early 70's I seem to remember that it was a like a square flag with the Disney "D" on a blue field.

You can STILL see this precise flag on the Mark Twain, at the top of the crane rigging.

tod
12-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 10-8
Tod was correct in that there used to be a blue background Disneyland flag, but I too can't recall where I saw it last.

I think I saw it on the Main Street Train Station, just west of the U.S. flag on the high flagpole, but there was no wind, so I can't be sure.

--T