PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Movie and Ride?

disneyfreak2727
11-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey how similar is the ride and the movie on a scale one to ten????

MonorailMan
11-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Well, from what I'd say, about a 4.

Thank godness we have no Eddie in our ride. lol :D

disneyfreak2727
11-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Was it that bad or do you just not like Eddie?????

DL4EVER
11-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Eddie doesn't BELONG in the actual Haunted Mansion. Also, it is my understanding, based on the previews and comments I have heard, and first hand experience of the ride, that the stories do not really link. But then again, I have had a hard time discerning any actual meaningful story from Haunted Mansion. There may be a backstory, sure, but I cannot see a story presented in it as I can in Indy and Star Tours. I think Mansion is like Pirates, it's more of an exhibit of sorts, just showing you various aspects of a mansion inhabited by 999 grim grinning ghosts:D .

In other words, the movie is probably very loosely based off of any of the US Haunted Mansions, but I can't speak for TDL's Haunted Mansion, if that's what it's called, and if they even have one, and technically, DLP's is called Phantom Manor.

disneyfreak2727
11-29-2003, 09:27 PM
OK so you dont hate Eddie you just dont think he go's in the ride.OK whatever.??:confused:

DL4EVER
11-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Why should he go in the ride? The ride doesn't share the exact story the movie does, I don't even think the ride has a real story, and furthermore, if you are gonna add Eddie Murphy, then why not go ahead and stick Tilly in the crystal ball, and go add Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner to Pirates? Oh yeah, because they don't really fit there. They would have to change the ride for Eddie to fit in there. As for the pirates, they could technically make cameos, but any major changes story wise wouldn't really work.

I don't see what you don't really get. I think Eddie is a good actor, but that does not get him a spot in Mansion.

disneyfreak2727
11-29-2003, 09:37 PM
No No No....You dont understand I dont think they need to be in the ride so forget the whole thing, Okay??:D

DL4EVER
11-29-2003, 09:40 PM
........:| --->:p --->:D --->:~D --->:fez:

disneyfreak2727
11-29-2003, 09:43 PM
What is that suppose to mean????

HBTiggerFan
11-29-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak2727
Hey how similar is the ride and the movie on a scale one to ten????

The movie is horrible, the ride is awesome. The movie has a bunch of tie-ins to the ride, but it is a movie based around a ride, and it doesn't work. If you have been on the ride you will get the tie-ins. If you haven't you'll be confused.