PDA

View Full Version : Adventures thru Inner Space - cgi version

redrhino
11-29-2003, 06:43 PM
From slashdot.org (http://slashdot.org):

http://www.atommobiles.com/cgi-project.htm

It appears that someone is taking the time to re-create some of the older Disneyland rides in a virtual way.
The job is not complete yet, but there are some cool stills and a few movies.

All the best ...

Redrhino

Andrew
11-29-2003, 07:23 PM
... and an hour later, I looked up.

This is fantastic!

DisneyFan25863
11-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Lotsa Hidden Mickeys :D

Looks good......can't wait til it's done! :fez:

Lost Boy
11-30-2003, 10:52 AM
All I get is a "Sorry, Site is unavailable" message.

DisneyFan25863
11-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
All I get is a "Sorry, Site is unavailable" message.

Looks like /. took its toll :D

LIMANDL4EVA
11-30-2003, 02:27 PM
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/29/2319202&mode=thread&tid=152&tid=185&tid=186

disneyfreak2727
11-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Mine says the site is unavailable also...:crying:

MrTomMorrow
11-30-2003, 04:04 PM
The recreation of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is pretty incredible. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-30-2003, 06:48 PM
GD and I got a peek at this before it shut down....absolutely AWESOME. Everyone needs to see it. We need to keep checking, and post if it comes back up.

Mok the magic man
12-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting to this forum.

I am the creator and webmaster of Atommobiles.com. Sorry about the site being down. I had a boat load of hits and 33 gigs of bandwidth from a hot link from slashdot org that killed the site for a while. More info on this fiasco on my home page.

The Adventure Thru Inner Space Tribute site is now back online so check it when you have some time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I loved building it.

http://www.atommobiles.com

Cadaverous Pallor
12-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Mok rules!!! :D :D :D

innerSpaceman is gonna FREAK when he sees this. You'll be one of iSm's heroes. ;)

disneylandia
12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I've checked out this beautiful site before, but not lately. Too bad, I'd love to see some of the stuff he had to take off.

Mok, from one webmaster to another, you state "a very popular website called Slashdot.org put up an article about my site and provided a direct link (without my consent so I could prepare for it) ..."
Just about nobody asks permission to post links. Don't expect that to happen in the future. Unfortunately you see what happens when you get a big boost in hits. Its funny, when a site is young you're thrilled as it becomes more popular. But then the bill comes due!

There is a Paypal donation button on this site, and I'd urge those who've enjoyed the work he's done to give a bit if you can. I don't know this person, just appreciate what he's put into the site.

RStar
12-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I saw a documentary DVD on sale about ATIS on eBay. Any connection? Anyone know if these DVDs are worth the money? The have a number of closed attractions on DVD, I just wonder if they did a decent job..............

Mok the magic man
12-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by disneylandia
I've checked out this beautiful site before, but not lately. Too bad, I'd love to see some of the stuff he had to take off.

Mok, from one webmaster to another, you state "a very popular website called Slashdot.org put up an article about my site and provided a direct link (without my consent so I could prepare for it) ..."
Just about nobody asks permission to post links. Don't expect that to happen in the future. Unfortunately you see what happens when you get a big boost in hits. Its funny, when a site is young you're thrilled as it becomes more popular. But then the bill comes due!

There is a Paypal donation button on this site, and I'd urge those who've enjoyed the work he's done to give a bit if you can. I don't know this person, just appreciate what he's put into the site.

Thanks for the donation. Every bit helps. When I was writing that I already knew that nobody "asks for permission" but It would have been nice. If I knew I would be hit so bad I would made arrangements to deal with it better. I guess I was just venting a bit. Not everyday you get a 1000.00 bill for one day of downloads. Ouch!

Andrew
12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mok the magic man
If I knew I would be hit so bad I would made arrangements to deal with it better. I guess I was just venting a bit. Not everyday you get a 1000.00 bill for one day of downloads. Ouch!

It's a perennial source of complaints on Slashdot as well. The editors there accept submitted stories from readers and link up the sites mentioned, but give no warning to the site owners of the coming onslaught. We at MousePlanet were slammed pretty hard earlier this year when we put up the video clips of Lucky the Audio-Animatronic™ dinosaur.

I enjoyed your renderings and video clips. How close do you think you are to a complete ridethrough video?

Not Afraid
12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Mok, you're site is wonderful! I've been watching it for quite a while now, and was sorry to hear it was down. Thanks for your dedication to this much-lamented DL attraction!

Mok the magic man
12-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone.

I have to finish building the exit area. I have just finished modeling the oil lamp complete with the color changes. I WAS going to post a movie of it so I could get some feed back on it. I hope to have another update up soon.

As soon as the exit area is finished and the animations are plugged into the camera I can go to render the final 2 scenes then the ride thru will be complete. I should be done with the ride thru portion within a month or so but I will be adding a bunch of other things to the DVD such as different camera angles, slideshows, clips, Render Tests and more. This will take another few more months. I estimate some time the middle of next year. Maybe 1st qtr.;)

Demigod121
12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
For some reason the video clips come up as unavailable.

Hmm....otherwise the other content is fantastic!

-Demigod

ComfyCody
12-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Amazing! I am so impressed! Thank you!!:eek:

Mok the magic man
12-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Demigod121
For some reason the video clips come up as unavailable.

Hmm....otherwise the other content is fantastic!

-Demigod

The movies have been temporarily taken down due to my huge bandwidth bill! Read home page for more details.:(

refurbmike
12-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Mok, great site - I've been a fan for a while now.

Might I suggest that when you are ready to release the video, that you communicate with other web-masters who might be able and willing to host your movie.

On that note, I can't wait to see the finished project.

unoriginal
12-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Have you thought about making the movies available on a system like bittorrent? This way they could be spread and it wouldn't cost you huge bandwidth bills if people wanted to see you progress.