PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort AP Days February 1 through February 28

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
01-26-2016, 05:25 PM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/183136-1/Entrance-053115-AVP.jpg

Just posted today on the Disneyland AP website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/ap-days/) (you must be logged in to your AP account to view). I wonder if this replaces the quarterly AP nights they hosted for the last two years.

You’re Invited Be our honored Guest—prepare for festivities that add a little more magic to your theme park adventure! Join us February 1 through February 28 as Disneyland Resort hosts play days filled with fun surprises and special events especially for Annual Passholders! Weekly themes include:

Main Street to Mickey Mouse – February 1 to February 7
Live the Adventure – February 8 to February 14
Fantasy and Fun – February 15 to February 21
A World of Tomorrows – February 21 to February 28

Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store:

Complimentary button series created for Annual Passholders (while supplies last)
Continuous screenings of Disney animated shorts at Main Street Opera House, Stage 17 and Blue Sky Cellar
Recipe cards distributed at Blue Sky Cellar and select food and beverage locations
Complimentary water and popcorn provided at the Main Street Opera House and Stage 17 during event times
A daily “Walk in Walt’s Footsteps” Disneyland tour at a time reserved only for Passholders—amenities include a special dessert and artwork (Passholders may receive a 15% discount on the price of tour; subject to space availability)
Special activities for Annual Passholders and much more!

Upon arriving at the park, consult the Times Guide to check out all available events and offers!

Know Before You Go Learn more about Annual Passholder days.

All exclusives/amenities subject to availability and supplies are limited.
All event offerings subject to change or cancellation without notice. Some event offerings have limited capacity and may be subject to queues, early closure or assigned seating.
Valid Annual Pass is required for all Guests entering an AP Days venue/offering. Photo ID may be required.
Theme park admission not included. Valid Annual Pass is required for theme park entry.
Parking not included. Standard parking fees apply.
Contact us at (714) 781-PASS or (714) 781-7277 with any questions.

libbylovespluto
01-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Can't wait to check these offerings out next week!

Nightwing
01-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Agree! Want to see what the last one of "World of Tomorrows" will be about.

bumblebeeonarose
01-27-2016, 06:27 AM
Agree! Want to see what the last one of "World of Tomorrows" will be about.

I noticed the names all have lands in them:

Main Street to Mickey Mouse February 1 to February 7
Live the Adventure February 8 to February 14
Fantasy and Fun February 15 to February 21
A World of Tomorrows February 21 to February 28

Nightwing
01-27-2016, 06:42 AM
You saw that also! ^_^

Like some. Wonder if this will replace the AP renewal parties? The last one was almost a secret.

May try for all of them.

olegc
01-28-2016, 11:40 AM
[sarcastic hat on]
how many ways can you change an arts and crafts table to fit multple themes?
[sarcastic hat off]

I do hope these are good. With all of the announced cuts, changes, closures, lack of signage, etc - I keep expected "self service magic" to appear.

Engine74
01-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Sounds like the Opera House will be closed to everyone but APers for the month of February

Gone2Disneyland
02-01-2016, 07:16 AM
This was in yesterday's park guide.

Opera House at Town Square
Main Street, U.S.A.
Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu:
5:00 pm to Park Close

Here's a picture:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBP_qBztfYu/

It's an evening thing?

olegc
02-01-2016, 07:39 AM
This was in yesterday's park guide.

Opera House at Town Square
Main Street, U.S.A.
Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thu:
5:00 pm to Park Close

Here's a picture:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBP_qBztfYu/

It's an evening thing?
Could be. The blog never mentioned specifics on times. Only dates

Gone2Disneyland
02-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Could be. The blog never mentioned specifics on times. Only dates

Well, it should be confirmed soon, the park's open now. If this is the case, then maybe it's a thing where AP reserve a time to come back in the evening, like past similar AP events.

olegc
02-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Well, it should be confirmed soon, the park's open now. If this is the case, then maybe it's a thing where AP reserve a time to come back in the evening, like past similar AP events.

well twitter is abuzz with the event being a nite event (using #APDays) so I guess its making the rounds. Since you posted that pic of the guide I assume that's a strong confirmation.

Gone2Disneyland
02-01-2016, 10:25 AM
well twitter is abuzz with the event being a nite event (using #APDays) so I guess its making the rounds. Since you posted that pic of the guide I assume that's a strong confirmation.

Thank you! "Every 90 minutes starting at 5pm. Registration begins at 12:00 p.m." Good to know. I'll skip tonight, have plans already anyway. But this info helps. I plan to keep my expectations low but hope to enjoy whatever it is when I get to go.

Maus
02-02-2016, 07:24 PM
I just want the buttons. Are those not distributed until 5 pm also?

Garyk
02-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Has anyone been to this event yet ? Just wondering how it is. We will be going on Thursday.

Shortpix77
02-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Can someone clarify whether everything starts at 5pm? Buttons, recipe cards, etc.? Or is it just the Opera House showings? I wanted to go on Friday or Saturday, but we usually go early in the morning and then leave at about 2 or 3pm...

olegc
02-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Can someone clarify whether everything starts at 5pm? Buttons, recipe cards, etc.? Or is it just the Opera House showings? I wanted to go on Friday or Saturday, but we usually go early in the morning and then leave at about 2 or 3pm...

well while I can't confirm 100% - I do know that registration for event times begins at 12 noon, so I would assume that scanning of the pass for you to get into a showing, and get your buttons (much smaller than anticipated) would start then (I got there at 6pm). The recipe cards in Disneyland are at Jolly Holiday. My guess is they are always there at the counter. two cards to get this week. I don't know which food location at DCA has the cards but I know they are not at Opera House.

TIP - there is a small guide of what Main St. and BVS have to show off design elements and other facts for #APDays. it a 4 panel foldout - small. However, I had to ask for it after the CM handed me my buttons. If you want it be sure to ask.

Shortpix77
02-03-2016, 01:53 PM
well while I can't confirm 100% - I do know that registration for event times begins at 12 noon, so I would assume that scanning of the pass for you to get into a showing, and get your buttons (much smaller than anticipated) would start then (I got there at 6pm). The recipe cards in Disneyland are at Jolly Holiday. My guess is they are always there at the counter. two cards to get this week. I don't know which food location at DCA has the cards but I know they are not at Opera House.

TIP - there is a small guide of what Main St. and BVS have to show off design elements and other facts for #APDays. it a 4 panel foldout - small. However, I had to ask for it after the CM handed me my buttons. If you want it be sure to ask.

Thanks Oleg!

Gone2Disneyland
02-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Ok, I haven't been there yet, but my friend was in DCA yesterday and texted me what she experienced with her son.

DCA has its own thing, and nothing is reserved. She sent me a photo of the DCA daily schedule and here's what it has for the park.

Pacific Wharf - Blue Sky Cellar
Mon, Wed & Thu: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tues: 10:00 to 5:00 pm

Hollywood Land - Stage 17
Mon, Wed & Thu: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm

They got to meet Jiminy Cricket in Stage 17 and there was free popcorn available there. There was also some red carpet layout, I guess for their photo ops.

At Blue Sky Cellar, they picked up recipe cards for Walt's Chili and Beans and Chris's Cold Pie. They also picked up this week's button along with a Snow White on Blu-ray button. She texted "1 pin and 2 recipe cards per week per AP". Not sure if that means they scan your AP to make sure you get only one allotment a week or not.

She confirmed both locations in DCA are walk through areas, I assume after showing your pass.

I'm hoping to be there tomorrow to check out what the haps are in person in each park. But this is the news I have from someone who was there. I'll try to post some of her pics here later.

olegc
02-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes they scan your AP. Cards are also at Clarabelle's for this week. From Mouse info's post it appeared that the character s at Stage 17 rotated.

http://www.mousewait.com/chat_reply.php?chat_id=662337

Gone2Disneyland
02-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Ok, I checked things out today at Disneyland and DCA.

I got into Disneyland just before noon and beelined for the Opera House where they were already handing out wristbands for the evening screenings. Getting in a queue barely 15 people long, the first CM scanned my AP and handed me this week's 2 1/4" Main Street to Mickey button and the 2 1/2" Snow White on Blu-ray button. Then continuing on to the next CMs, I told them which showtime and they gave a corresponding colored wristband (pink for 5pm). There were also Fun Facts Tour brochures with them in display racks; I helped myself to two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYXbCQNfR-/

After meeting up with some friends and hanging out with them there, we crossed over the DCA. I went to Stage 17 first. If you were there when it was Olaf's Snow Fest, the area where Olaf stood for meet and greets is where this week's character Jiminy Cricket would arrive after a brief video presentation on two large screen overhead. The video presentation started with an overview of the month's AP Days events presented by two Disneyland Ambassadors and ended with a short clip from Fun and Fancy Free featuring Jiminy. At the end of the video, Jiminy came out from behind the curtains for pictures. I enjoyed free white cheddar popcorn (of the three flavors available) and water while I was there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYbQBdNfYR/

Then I visited Blue Sky Disney where they scanned my AP to pick up recipe cards. They handed me more buttons and Fun Facts Tour brochure too, so I guess scanning the card doesn't necessarily limit you to how many buttons and such you can collect. In the screening area, tables were set for coloring. A sheet with Mickey Mouse was available; Jiminy Cricket coloring pages were offered at Stage 17.

I got a text from an out-of-town AP friend asking me to get her a set of this week's recipe cards; she texted that they were available at Clarabelle's and Jolly Holiday. I didn't know that, so I went into Clarabelle's first. There was a long line of guests waiting to order and I didn't see recipe cards anywhere. So I went across to Jolly Holiday and got in a short line of one person to wait my turn and ask if they had the recipe cards there. They did! The CM just asked to see my AP and she gave me the pair without scanning my AP.

Today's park schedule was only through to today. Hopefully they'll continue to offer them into the weekend for AP who couldn't make it during the week.

I took several pictures today of the AP Days stuff. You can seem them all on my Instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/gone2disneyland/

olegc
02-04-2016, 09:06 PM
AP days are supposed to be for the entire week (example this week Feb 1 to 7). At least that's what the parks blog info stated.

Gone2Disneyland
02-04-2016, 09:57 PM
AP days are supposed to be for the entire week (example this week Feb 1 to 7). At least that's what the parks blog info stated.

That makes sense. My head got so fixated on the dates on the daily schedule for some reason. I'm a knucklehead. Ha ha. My friends plan to go tomorrow, so I hope they get to enjoy it too.

olegc
02-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Curious if anyone saw new recipe cards this week. Yesterday they had the same two as the first week. (even though we're on Adventure week).

Sleeping Suzi
02-09-2016, 01:45 PM
there were 2 new ones. I had to ask though at the Dca location

tea4two
02-09-2016, 04:06 PM
The recipes cards this week are for Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Crescent City Salad.