PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise substitute show [Skipper School] was surprisingly entertaining!

jcruise86
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
The Jungle Cruise is down, but good news: The Jungle Cruise show we saw on Saturday in front of the Jungle Cruise entrance (where three guides helped another skipper pretend she was leading us on the Jungle Cruise) was surprisingly entertaining, thanks mostly to the excellent captain narrating it. Sorry, I forgot her name.

candles71
01-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Only Saturdays? Bummer. Coming in on Sunday, and blocked out and coming home on Saturday.

Toocherie
01-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Why do you think it is only on Saturdays? She just said she saw it on a Saturday . . . .

candles71
01-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Why do you think it is only on Saturdays? She just said she saw it on a Saturday . . . .

I may read it too fast, Thanks Toocherie. I'm also sick, and that's my story I'm sticking to. ;)

Toocherie
01-26-2016, 02:17 PM
No problem! I thought I was missing something . . . .

Tinkermommy
01-26-2016, 03:05 PM
We stumbled across the show in progress last Tuesday. It was hilarious! It's basically a narration of the attraction told by some very funny, very creative cast members using humor and props. When we saw it, they were using guests in the show. Guests had been given papers with their jokes on it, and jumped up on stage when their joke title was called. At the end, each participating guest received a "diploma" during a graduation ceremony, complete with handshake photos, and other very funny photo opps. Although we arrived mid-show, they apparently needed one more guest joke teller, because they pulled my daughter into the show. It's my understanding that they do this 2-3 times a day. Kudos to the CMs who manage to make the show as fun and corny as the ride. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade!

Nikara
01-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Even if you don't catch one of the shows, take some time to hang out with them. My Dad (Jungle Cruise is his fave) had an awesome time cracking semi-inappropriate jokes with the skippers. They have all sorts of props to make truly awful jokes with. Lots of fun.

Free Agent
02-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Even if you don't catch one of the shows, take some time to hang out with them. My Dad (Jungle Cruise is his fave) had an awesome time cracking semi-inappropriate jokes with the skippers. They have all sorts of props to make truly awful jokes with. Lots of fun.

.......And fun selfies.