PDA

View Full Version : Let's take a chat about... The Disneyland Railroad!

MonorailMan
11-27-2003, 08:29 PM
This thread is all about the famous DLRR. Share your experiences, stories, or cool facts, it's up to you!

This is thread 1 of 4 in a Transportation seires. :)

My cool stories:

The train has always been a faboulus trip for me. The ride around factor, and the cool Caboose on the classic Holiday train, grants even better thoughts.

The funny little thing about the caboose, is how private it feels. Also, the way that other guests look at it, as if it were off-limits, yet they see other guests in it. It's always fun to have a personal conversation with a small child, asking him who he's seen, or what rides he's been on. The way that a small child lights up, when the topic of Mickey, or their favorite rides, bring a smile to their face, it's classic Disney magic! :D

HBTiggerFan
11-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
The funny little thing about the caboose, is how private it feels.

It's also a great make-out spot until you get a group of padders singing "Sometimes when we touch" in there with you. :~D

efoxx
11-28-2003, 09:01 AM
the last few times I was there they weren't boarding the caboose, are they doing it again?

I remember when they would let you ride in the engine, well actually the tender. that was totally cool. I have pictures and video of my then three year old daughter riding up there with me.:cool: .

during the thirtieth birthday party (thirty hours long) it was a great place to crash for a couple of trips around the park.

disneyboy7
11-28-2003, 10:49 AM
On cold nights I warm myself as the train passes IASW holiday lights and again through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World.

MuckaMowie
11-28-2003, 12:20 PM
It was Grad nite 1972. We (girls) had to wear either dresses or pantsuits. I had on a "granny dress".(remember???) We were so tired, the guy I was "with" and I that night, that we just sat on the train, kissed a lot, and fell asleep. It was SO "romantic" I married that guy and we had a beautiful little girl whose first words were "muckamowie" meaning, somehow, "mickey mouse".

Now, we can often be found on a Friday night just going to the park to do nothing but ride the train around.;)

NirvanaMan
11-29-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
It's also a great make-out spot until you get a group of padders singing "Sometimes when we touch" in there with you. :~D

There's no making out at disney! :eek: