PDA

View Full Version : Ban Pin Trading?

thamnarestan
09-22-2001, 10:35 AM
We've all heard about what some of these pin traders have done. They've stormed the Guest Relations Lobby to protest the accidental early release of a pin, bringing cast members to tears, they've pushed little girls into ponds while cutting in line, they've mistreated cast members with lanyards, and they've shown disrespect for the flag, the country, and those who've died.

Should Disneyland ban pin trading?

I'm sure they make a lot of money off of pin sales, but they also must lose a lot from the loss of return customers. Average tourist guests probably decide not to return after encountering these pin traders. Some Annual Passholders probably make their visits more infrequent because of them. And I'm sure that Disneyland management would like to rid the park of this unsavory element. What do you think?

no1here
09-22-2001, 11:05 AM
Down with pin trading... It's out of control.

Tony
09-22-2001, 06:17 PM
Ok, I have stayed out of these threads, but they have gone a bit far in my opinion. The topic has been beaten to death, and the generalizations, half-truths, rumors, and venom have gotten out of hand.

Keep it polite and civil or the threads will be closed.

Tony / MousePad Admin

marron-cream
09-22-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by thamnarestan
And I'm sure that Disneyland management would like to rid the park of this unsavory element. What do you think?

As much as my neck would love it, I think banning pin trading would be a disaster. Jerks will be jerks, with or without lanyards. People like that need to be control freaks about something. If they don't have pins, they'll find something else. You wouldn't want them going after rides, would you? :p

Nigel2
09-22-2001, 09:57 PM
It wouldn't stop the problem if they baned pin trading, and it would probably cause a riot if the accidental release of 15 pins could do what that did. They should toughen the rules though, possibly have it only allowed in designated areas, under CM supervision, and possibly limited hours.

Matterhorn Fan
09-23-2001, 06:20 AM
It is only a handful of people who act in the ways that so many people on these boards are complaining about. If one steers clear of the pin trading area next to the Showcase shop it will be unlikely they run into these people at all.

Many people collect and trade pins and are able to do so peaceably. Stating that Disney should "ban" pin trading will not stop the very few rude people, and will upset many of the people who do pin trading for fun. It would do more harm than good.

If you don't like pin traders, don't associate with them. It's not that hard to steer clear of them.

cstephens
09-23-2001, 09:53 AM
Why would Disney ban something that they started (as far as Disney pin trading is concerned) and continue to heavily promote?