PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Musical Details Revealed in Audition Listings

stan4d_steph
01-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Casting calls have begun for the Frozen musical that will replace Aladdin at the Hyperion Theater in DCA, and the descriptions of the roles reveal some details about what will be included in the show.

All of the principals are listed: Elsa, Anna, Hans, Kristoff, and Olaf. In addition, there are some interesting supporting roles. Sven (Kristoff's reindeer) will be a played by an actor operating a puppet. The trolls will make an appearance, played by actors doubling up on other roles in the ensemble.

Kai and Gerda are a male and female "loyal castle servant," respectively, who interact with Anna during the time the castle is shuttered. Perhaps a new song or dance number from what appeared in the film?

Everyone's favorite shopkeeper Oaken will appear (hoo-hoo), as well as the Duke of Weselton (not Weaseltown).

You can read more details in the audition listings for AGVA members taking place in North Hollywood (http://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=7402). Auditions for the roles of Anna and Elsa are also being held in New York City.

Toocherie
01-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Why are they just doing this now? They've known Aladdin was closing today--why wouldn't they have already at least cast the show and had it in rehearsals rather than just starting now? Seems crazy to me? Wouldn't they have already prepared the sets and only need a couple of weeks (at most) to install them? Broadway shows that have touring casts have movable sets and I don't think it takes them very long to "set up." If they are just in casting now then it will be months before this show opens--months that the Hyperion is empty . . . .. . . .

Nikara
01-10-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they are doing more than change the seats in the theater. I suspect they will be changing out a lot of the tech (sounds systems, stage design etc).

bumblebeeonarose
01-10-2016, 08:25 PM
The show is slated for a summer opening. The theater is going to be closed for months.

cstephens
01-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Why are they just doing this now? They've known Aladdin was closing today--why wouldn't they have already at least cast the show and had it in rehearsals rather than just starting now? Seems crazy to me? Wouldn't they have already prepared the sets and only need a couple of weeks (at most) to install them? Broadway shows that have touring casts have movable sets and I don't think it takes them very long to "set up." If they are just in casting now then it will be months before this show opens--months that the Hyperion is empty . . . .. . . .

The show is slated for a summer opening. The theater is going to be closed for months.

And you'd want to give a new show a proper launch. Summertime seems like a good time for that, even if the show is called "Frozen"!

I also think it gives time for the wound to heal. It's not really a matter of them being interchangeable shows, just swapping out one for another. Many people loved the Aladdin show, and I think it would sting too much and put the new show at too much of a disadvantage for the new show to quickly replace a long-standing show. Given a few months, people might be more ready to see a different show in that same venue, and summer would probably also allow for people to have more time to visit.

Toocherie
01-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Given a few months, people might be more ready to see a different show in that same venue, and summer would probably also allow for people to have more time to visit.

And they can promote the crap out of it for the summer season. It just still seems to me that given all of the other current closures in the parks the timing of this one could have been managed better. I know there are people who loved Aladdin . . . . . but I don't think the sting will necessarily be gone if the new show didn't open until the summer as opposed to Spring Break. Of course, I think they shouldn't have taken it out until at least the new Soarin' is up (but they probably have some slam-bang cross promotion coming between the new show and the new Soarin' movie too). My two cents.

bumblebeeonarose
01-11-2016, 01:01 PM
So many closures this winter, but they'll have plenty to advertise for summer. They'll have the new Frozen production, new Luigi's ride, and new Soarin' film. That and the 60th is still going on with a fancy parade and fireworks. I'm sure the parks will be plenty crowded this summer. Maybe even more so since the Rivers is closed and will cause traffic jams. LOL!