PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Pool Closure

Toocherie
01-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Hi: A friend booked into the DLH in late February got the following email. It doesn't say when the work will be finished:

December 2015

Dear____________ Family,

We're delighted you've selected the DisneylandŽ Hotel as your vacation destination.

In order to ensure we continue to provide the very best Guest experience possible, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we would like to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be occurring during your stay.

Beginning January 4, 2016, the E-Ticket and D-Ticket Pools, including select Cabanas, will be unavailable until later in the spring. During this time, we invite you to enjoy our Highway in the Sky at the Monorail Pool, or you can make a splash at any of the available pools at our sister Disneyland Resort hotels.

Please know, while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. While you may see or hear our "work in progress," please know that the work will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Should you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through the Disneyland Resort or have general questions, please call (714) 956-6425 and one of our Cast Members will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being our Guest, we wish you a truly extraordinary stay!

Pilar Hamil
General Manager of DisneylandŽ Hotel

olegc
01-06-2016, 12:51 PM
It feels like Disney should have posted "50% magic available" for vacationers this first part of the year. The SW Land closures, additional attractions being down for refurb, and now the DL hotel. You get some fun, but not full fun.

disney808
02-13-2016, 10:50 PM
I booked my vacation for Mar 21-29 back in November and wasn't aware of the referb until I received the same letter in the mail. Its ok but I can imagine how full the pools might be especially during Spring Break.

fishgal
02-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Wow, i saw them under construction during the star wars race weekend but i would have thought they would be finished before March. I imagine the pools at the Grand Californian and paradise pier will be a little extra busy for awhile as people shift over.

cookie7762
03-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Spoke with a cast member today who confirmed that all pools have been re-opened as of March 11th. Hope this is correct since I just book for April 5th!