PDA

View Full Version : Cal Osha Report due tommorrow on BTMRR

Pages : [1] 2 3

cryan71
11-25-2003, 09:23 PM
All 27 pages. Who's at fault for the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad accident? We will know tommorrow. Will T. Irby resign? Will he be fired? Who will be the fall guy? How much will the settlement with the victims cost the company? Is that figure more than the cost savings of cutting budgets for maintenence?

Freerider127
11-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Thanks for posting the information. Tommorow will be an interesting day,

Morrigoon
11-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Is this for real, or another cyranism?

DisneyFan25863
11-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Waiting.......Waiting.......

Darkbeer
11-25-2003, 10:48 PM
After going to work tomorrow, should I go to SeaWorld, and take photos, and enjoy my free beer...

Or come home and watch for the DOSH report online... (FYI, Cal-OSHA is a division of DOSH (Division of Occupational Safety and Health), and the Amusement Park division of DOSH has nothing to do with Cal-OSHA except for the fact they have the same parent "company".)

Or should I say nice things about Morrigoon?

:cool: :D :p

DisneyFan25863
11-25-2003, 10:52 PM
How bout go to Sea World, get some bear, and read it from someone's web enabled cell phone, while saying nice things about Morrigoon?

Darkbeer
11-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Give me two minutes, news is out, AND BIG!!!!

leaf
11-26-2003, 12:20 AM
The report:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/thundermountainaccident.html

TP2000
11-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Wow. That's fairly damaging for Disneyland, isn't it?

But it's also what alot of people expected.... poor maintenance allowed the subassembly and chassis to come apart during the trip, and the locomotive's chassis basically fell apart and collided with the first car. It wasn't operator error, so much as it was maintenance error the night before.

But it's also good news that the report states that the "design of Big Thunder Mountain" is not at fault.

So hopefully since this was the result of simply poor maintenance, and not a major design flaw, the ride can reopen soon? Maybe within a few months?

Tigertail777
11-26-2003, 01:46 AM
man I am stunned. I was hoping against hope that it really wasnt Disney's fault... but not only do they state that the ride operators and mechanics were not trained properly, but that poor maintenance fell through more than one safety procedure that was meant to prevent things like this. I think it really really is damaging and says a heck of a LOT about management and how they have been running things--- especially since the conclusion of the report was that A LOT of retraining has to happen (its a pretty big list go read for yourself folks). I am still in shock... even moreso than what the accident itself caused. I just cannot beleive this, and it says the same team that checked off the faulty car, also checked off other rides in the same time frame... wooo this is just too much!:mad: :(

efoxx
11-26-2003, 03:00 AM
my read on this is that Disney may have in fact dodged a bullet. nowhere in the report does it sight poor maintanence standards or lack of prodedures. only a lack of training. Disney can, and porbably will argue that their training proceedures were adaquate. it was the employees fault for not theirs, after all they did train them. this report looks as if it is made for Disney to squeeze out of fault by blaming and firing some lowly hourly employee and a couple of low level managers. then basically change a few small things that won't cost them much.

Morrigoon
11-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Poor training + maintenance cutbacks = big trouble

For what it's worth: this version of events is not as bad as the version I'd heard previously. Doesn't mean the other version didn't take place simultaneously, but I'm hoping that since it's not in the report, it didn't.

Morrigoon
11-26-2003, 03:43 AM
Actually, efoxx, it explicitly states that they did not have properly set procedures for the ride operators indicating what to do if a noise is heard.

It also states that machinists were allowed to sign off on eachothers' work.

cryan71
11-26-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Is this for real, or another cyranism?

Oh, ye of little faith.

duffman03
11-26-2003, 07:16 AM
Where is it? I keep getting a 'page not found' message?

danyoung
11-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by leaf
The report:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/thundermountainaccident.html

This link doesn't seem to work. Perhaps they pulled the report for some reason? I'm most interested in seeing the full report. Thanks.

hazlnut
11-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by cryan71
Oh, ye of little faith.

I believe you, but the link is dead. What happened?

cryan71
11-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by hazlnut
I believe you, but the link is dead. What happened?

IT'S A COVER UP!!!!

Tony
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
The correct link is:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/thundermountainaccident/thundermountainaccidentreport.pdf

EandCDad
11-26-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by cryan71
IT'S A COVER UP!!!!

I have a lot of insider knowledge about this issue and my CM friend told me that he heard from his manager that the report was being used as a footstool by Michael Eisner in one of his twelve chalets in the Alps. I can prove this but I can't say too much so as not to give away my source.

Demigod121
11-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Maybe Irby had his crack Disney commando squad (HAH) invade DOSH and remove the damning report from their website.

And yes, the commandos wear Mickey Ears. :D

-Demigod

scottmen
11-26-2003, 08:22 AM
It's still not working. Can anyone post a link to thier copy of it.

Scott

hazlnut
11-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Tony
The correct link is:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/thundermountainaccident/thundermountainaccidentreport.pdf

Um... nope.

Nephythys
11-26-2003, 08:54 AM
ARGH- I knew I should have printed it when I had it up!

This should be public knowledge!

Tony
11-26-2003, 08:58 AM
MousePlanet is now hosting a copy of the report. You can get the report from the article in the news section.

Tony