PDA

View Full Version : Millionare Play it discussions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Omar
11-24-2003, 12:36 PM
I was their on the 23rd and I had lots of fun. I got to decline twice :) and got to see the 6 person decline! I thought it was great. I almost lost my voice because of laughing soo hard! I don't know what was funnier, the decline or the contestant! Anyways I just wanted to say something about that and I thought it was fun!

I also have yet to see a tie. I wonder what will happen? If anyone has been in one can they explain it to me? What would happen if there was a point tie? I have yet to see one of those too. Well if anyone can answer those question I would be very grateful.

I will be making an apperance on the 30th of November. Hope to see the Million of smiles!

Thanks,
Omar

motoxmagicdca
11-24-2003, 01:11 PM
I've seen a tie.. but I've never seen what they do 'cause one person always decline... and we're you talking about me the contestant as being funny? And I'll see you the 30.. oh p.s. go on the 23rd so you can see me in the hotseat again!

DJ_MENTOS
11-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by motoxmagicdca
oh p.s. go on the 23rd so you can see me in the hotseat again!

Humble, aren't we.

motoxmagicdca
11-24-2003, 01:48 PM
hey he tells me what days to go i can tell him 2

DisneySurfer88
11-24-2003, 02:21 PM
BLAH BLAH it was fun. The 6 person stopped being funny until the contestent jumped up screaming all suprised. Decemeber 11th is the day i can be in the hotseat, but i'll be at a big audition in LA so wish me lucky on that day probley wont be able to go til hmm who knows though.

motoxmagicdca
11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Omar, you have an unhealty obsession, but its ok cause we all do!:D

mlnreplyer
11-24-2003, 03:56 PM
When there is a tie, they play a relatively simple fastest finger question (Ex: Put these letters in order to form the name of a fish from a 2003 Disney/Pixar film A: M B: O C: N D: E) between the two or three or however many tied so someone gets in the Hot Seat.

And incidentally, I didn't realize motoxmagicdca represented a reasonable cross-section of the human population, but according to her we're all obsessed with Millionaire.

millionairegirl
11-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DisneySurfer88
Decemeber 11th is the day i can be in the hotseat, but i'll be at a big audition in LA so wish me lucky on that day

and

Originally posted by mlnreplyer
And incidentally, I didn't realize motoxmagicdca represented a reasonable cross-section of the human population, but according to her we're all obsessed with Millionaire.

BWAH! I'm so obsessed that I didn't read DisneySurfer88's post very well and I started searching wildly on line for information about WWTBAM! auditions in LA on December 11th. I was sure that this was going my time to shine, but now I realize that he just has A big audition, not a WWTBAM! audition. I'm so pathetic. :rolleyes:

And I guess I'm the only one who finds the 'dog pound' annoying. I don't find it funny when people play who are ineligible. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not eligible again until December 7th, but when I go to the park on December 6th I don't plan to press the buttons at all.

mlnreplyer
11-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
BWAH! I'm so obsessed that I didn't read DisneySurfer88's post very well and I started searching wildly on line for information about WWTBAM! auditions in LA on December 11th. I was sure that this was going my time to shine, but now I realize that he just has A big audition, not a WWTBAM! audition. I'm so pathetic. :rolleyes:

And I guess I'm the only one who finds the 'dog pound' annoying. I don't find it funny when people play who are ineligible. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not eligible again until December 7th, but when I go to the park on December 6th I don't plan to press the buttons at all.

Don't worry, I frantically searched hearstcastle.org to find out what the guest houses were named, until I found it in the post.

I also find the dogpound to be tedious. The Mickeys I don't mind so much, but the Arsenio Hall hooting and clapping as fast as they can when the phone-a-stranger lifeline is first mentioned (and many other things I don't care to mention) gets really annoying really fast. And this is a 13-year-old speaking.

dude
11-25-2003, 09:15 AM
I knew that if a Millionaire post came up, someone would start the anti-Dog Pound sentiments.

the Arsenio Hall hooting and clapping as fast as they can when the phone-a-stranger lifeline is first mentioned (and many other things I don't care to mention) gets really annoying really fast.

Please don't insult us for enjoying ourselves.

The Mickeys I don't mind so much

Everyone likes the Mickeys. On Sunday at the 2:00 show, my brother was waving his at the camera, when the camera stayed on longer than normal. The girl behind him had a stuffed dolphin and they started attacking each other. The way my brother controlled his Mickey was hilarious, and the whole audience was laughing at it.

Again, we are only having fun.

millionairegirl
11-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by dude

Please don't insult us for enjoying ourselves.

All mlnreplyer said was that he found the hooting annoying. That is not an insult, that is an opinion. It really creates animosity between the tourists/day visitors and the AP holders. Who wants to try to get into the hotseat when these 'mafioso' types monopolize the leaderboards?

dude
11-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Well, day visitors might be annoyed, but at least we are being fair to them by declining when we are not eligible. I'm sure there are people out there who will go to the Hot Seat even when they are not eligible. Once a CM went to the Hot Seat. They had to find her later and take her prizes away.

Also, those who feel that persons who are ineligble shouldn't play are entitled to their opinions, but we do have a right to play the game. Would you not go on Soarin' if you had already been on it and you saw someone who never had been on it in line?

Let's just leave it at that, please. I don't wish to start an argument.

cstephens
11-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Well, day visitors might be annoyed, but at least we are being fair to them by declining when we are not eligible. I'm sure there are people out there who will go to the Hot Seat even when they are not eligible. Once a CM went to the Hot Seat. They had to find her later and take her prizes away.

Actually, people aren't being "fair" by admitting they're ineligible - they're adhering to the rules. If they were to take up the time playing the game, knowing they're ineligible, then I've got another word to describe those people that I can't post here.

Any CM who takes the Hot Seat should be warned on the first offense (in case he/she didn't know the rules) and then fired on the second.

And I don't see anything wrong with people playing the game even if they're ineligible to go up. I have a friend who relies on that, hoping to be the next one in line.

Omar
11-25-2003, 12:20 PM
And I guess I'm the only one who finds the 'dog pound' annoying.

I don't know why you don't like them, but what I do know is that I my self are part of them and I think more people like them than dislike them.

the Arsenio Hall hooting and clapping as fast as they can when the phone-a-stranger lifeline is first mentioned (and many other things I don't care to mention) gets really annoying really fast.

Well all we do is clap and help the host out by making the extra joke about it, such as:
"Well some people like it I guess."
Plus we don't make any hooting, just clapping.

Omar, you have an unhealty obsession, but its ok cause we all do!

I know but I like it. If I didn't I would be lost.

Decemeber 11th is the day i can be in the hotseat, but i'll be at a big audition in LA so wish me lucky on that day probley wont be able to go til hmm who knows though.

Hope you get it! I wish good luck to you in getting the part!

I will say good luck to all contestants that make it in the hot seat. Plus there was a millionaire hopeful on sunday the 23rd, but missed the million point question. I was very sorry. I wanted him to win.

Omar

tod
11-25-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm with mlnreplyr when he says he finds the dog pound "tedious."

It's the hooting -- or barking, or whatever the term for that sound is -- and the rapid-fire clapping that bugs me. I have said that the little Mickey dolls crack me up, and I stand behind that. I guess it's the sounds, because I have no problem with the visuals. (And replacing the birds-in-flight hand gestures with the Waving Mickeys was inspired -- well done.)

But that's my opinion. Obviously the Powers That Be are okay with it, or they would have told The Pound to knock it off.

--T
:fez:

motoxmagicdca
11-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Ok, for all of you dissing the dogs..(haha) have you ever sat with them or talked to them? their AWFULLY NICE PEOPLE! I personally think when im in the hot seat and their cheering me on.. it makes it better.. Oh OH Omar, I don't know if i told you this, but the guy who was 1 shy of the million i knew his last 3 answers!!!!! :) but then jay made fun of me ask me about it sometime

and if you didnt have an obsession with millionaire you screen name thingy would not be mlnreplyer and you would not be posting on this thread

dude
11-25-2003, 03:26 PM
I have heard from employees that if you are a CM and you take the Hot Seat even once that is grounds for termination depending on the management of the department. The reason for that is because before the show even starts, the recording says that CM's are not eligible to take the Hot Seat.

As tod said, the Powers that Be are cool with the Dog Pound because we know most of them and they know that we are people just trying to enjoy our Millionaire experience. There is nothing that says that we can't clap for the PAS lifeline or do the barking at the plateau levels. Most contestants think that we are strange people, but so did I before I met all of them and became part of them.

Why does our "act" bother you tod?

Actually, people aren't being "fair" by admitting they're ineligible - they're adhering to the rules.

You are right. I should have stated what I meant more clearly.

tod
11-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Why does our "act" bother you tod?

You got me, dude. I'm okay with the visual, but not the sounds.

Call it a matter of taste. Some people like Brussels sprouts, some don't. Some people like chocolate, some don't. Some people are amused by that woof-woof-woof business, some aren't.

That's okay, though. Live and let live. Woof to your hearts' content.

--T
17-1/2% of the legendary Six-Person Decline of November 23, 2003

millionairegirl
11-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by tod

17-1/2% of the legendary Six-Person Decline of November 23, 2003

TOD! I thought you don't play when you are not eligible! Shame on you.

(and isn't 1 out of 6, 16-2/3%?)

tod
11-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
TOD! I thought you don't play when you are not eligible! Shame on you.

It's my rule, I can break it if I want. Besides, I usually go in a weekend early to sharpen my button-pushing skills.

(and isn't 1 out of 6, 16-2/3%?)

Well, if you want to get technical, I suppose it is.

--T
A TV production major (CSUN Class of '81), not a math major.

imagineerhopeful
11-25-2003, 06:25 PM
>>>It's my rule, I can break it if I want. Besides, I usually go in a weekend early to sharpen my button-pushing skills.<<<

Wasnt it embarrasing enough for you or your family to even TRY to get on the leader board, let alone DECLINE (let alone come on MousePlanet and BRAG ABOUT IT ON YOUR POST)!?!?

This is ludacris Tod. We just had a thread shut down created by you, and your rants about "time wasters" and people who decline

Though you are not perfect... you expect us to be? If it is *your* rule and you're allowed to break it... why on Earth did you have such a fit about us doing it? Jeez Tod! There was a time where I thought that if *I* ever saw you in the audience, *I* would be respectful to YOU and be one less person to decline in your presence. That time is gone Tod. Long gone.

Your problems rest in others who do the same as you. Negating the actions, it just seems like you have a problem with others... perhaps we should leave your sound stage empty so that you wont have to suffer from our diversity. Im sure you'll like it then. Nobody to watch you and your family decline, and decline, and decline...

And I can only wonder about how angry your lovely Mrs. Tod is at you. Seeing as how she ranted by your side against us... I just hope she wont go off on you like she did the many posting dog pound members. Oh boy... what will you tell your kids...? Especially the one who was smacked by the lovely Mrs. Tod... I am wondering what he has to say about dear ol' Dad doing the same he has done.

As for the barking. I'm about ready to bark in your ear. :mad:

MonorailMan
11-25-2003, 07:10 PM
I like going to Millionaire: Play It to have fun. I also like the super accurate recreation (minus PAS) of the show. :D

FYI: Remind me to sit next to Tod next time I go. ;) :D

tod
11-25-2003, 08:39 PM
I'm tired of this.

There's a fine line between argument and abuse, and I feel like I'm getting abused around here. I said I don't like the hooting, but I didn't say don't do it. I said I don't like time-wasting (and a couple of other, juicier things that I thought better of and apologized for), and I told of my own rules that I sometimes, on occasion, break. I have been castigated for all of it.

You guys have fun. Say what you like, do what you like. I am no longer involved with any discussion involving Millionaire.

See you in the Hot Seat. I'll be the one applauding when you get 'em right, and joining in the "Awww" when you get one wrong, or the huzzahs if you go the distance.

--T

imagineerhopeful
11-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Sorry, but do know that all of these things you brought up on yourself. Im not picking on you in general, but you were the one who opened yourself up to so many contradictions to your own arguments.

If you want proof go check out the last thread. I have more of a problem with people like Wizzard who can't distinguish between venting hatred, and writing an educated post; than honest people bringing fourth their issues. But when one day you say its bad/wrong/mean/self centered to do something, and the next you boast about doing it yourself... doesn't that mean anything to you? Because it does to me, and I'm sure it does to others. Its offensive to call us self centered for being above your standards, and say that you (on occasion) can break your own standards when you like;and thats ok.

And please don't hold my fellow members of the dog pound to the standards of myself. I don't speak for all of us. So if it really is and HONEST problem for me to be showing you your faults in argument, then let me go. I'm new to mouseplanet posting and my intentions were never to drive someone (who has been here for quite some time) away. Sorry if I came out rough around the edges. Have a good one fellow MP posters. Yes, even you Tod.

Goodbye

The Lovely Mrs. tod
11-25-2003, 09:42 PM
This is ludacris Tod. We just had a thread shut down created by you, and your rants about "time wasters" and people who decline

-Read the last post. tod shut it down himself, with some help from someone who had no small amount of trouble posting without using obscenities.

And I can only wonder about how angry your lovely Mrs. Tod is at you. Seeing as how she ranted by your side against us... I just hope she wont go off on you like she did the many posting dog pound members.

It's a pity you have nothing better to do than to wonder what I think. And it's also a pity that you, who leapt at the opportunity to chastise those posting on the original thread for arguing have now seen fit to throw this particular gauntlet down in a public forum.

tod shows more integrity in an average week than any 10 other people I know show in a lifetime. He has maintained an even temper, apologized to the board when he re-read and felt he may have been mis-understood or out of line and behaved in a rational, well thought out manner. His sin, it seems, is to disagree. One word that goes against what the dog pound thinks and suddenly he's become the devil incarnate.

If you think I would be angry with him, or anyone, for simply disagreeing you insult me and demean yourself.

Next time you want to know what I think, take it off the board. Send a private message, I'll answer when I can. I don't spend hours a day on the board, some days I don't visit at all, I have a lot of things in my life that have a higher priority. But I do check in a couple of times a week.

For the record...the public one, I am proud of tod and the little tods. You all should be so lucky as to know them personally.