PDA

View Full Version : Luigi's New Ride Photos

sjhanksaz
12-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Looks like this may be opening soon

When I was there last week I could see the cars moving around while we were riding on the Ferris Wheel

We went over by the walls hiding the ride and could hear music playing. I stood up on the guard rails after looking to see if any Cast Members were close and snapped a couple of photos over the wall.

Wish I could upload the full (better quality) versions.

From what I could see from the Ferris Wheel the cars were moving in a pretty cool synchronized pattern.

sjhanksaz
12-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Photo 1

sjhanksaz
12-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Photo 2

Blacksheep Uncle
12-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Hmmm...looks interesting. :-)

olegc
12-15-2015, 10:04 AM
the videos people have posted online look like fun - definitely no "steering" going on - you will ride it.

JPPT1974
12-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Ride ought to be a huge hit!

KarenW2
12-16-2015, 05:02 AM
Does it look like the cars are supposed to do a routine like Square Dancing or something? The pix kinda looked like that.

Do we have a current ETO yet?

Blacksheep Uncle
12-16-2015, 01:03 PM
any hints as to where to find the videos?

Silvercat
12-18-2015, 12:43 AM
This looks very much like the ride that is already in Disneyland Paris, albeit using different vehicles. In DLRP the ride and vehicles are themed to Tow Mater, and kind of swirl and spin around each other, in a way that kids will love and is guaranteed to turn adults a pretty shade of green .... It always looks like such a fun ride, and it is lovely to watch, but I couldn't set foot on it in a month of Sundays .....

Anyway, these vehicles are really cute and pretty!

tlovesdis
12-18-2015, 09:05 AM
It looks as though it will be very similar to Tow Mater's ride, which seems silly to me. While it is cute looking, seems wrong to have such a similar ride! I am hoping it will be good, I mean it's got to be better than those dumb tires right?

bumblebeeonarose
12-18-2015, 10:43 AM
It looks as though it will be very similar to Tow Mater's ride, which seems silly to me. While it is cute looking, seems wrong to have such a similar ride! I am hoping it will be good, I mean it's got to be better than those dumb tires right?

I think it will be different enough, but still similar in that you are moving around the track while listening to music. The ride is supposed to be synchronized dancing, rather than a turntable with cars whipping about as at Maters. I am hoping they have more than one dance programed so that the ride can be different on repeat rides.

sjhanksaz
12-18-2015, 01:18 PM
I found a couple of vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clW71QOFOmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDO-PMiA3ZI

DisDreams
12-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Isn't there a trackless ride system in Tokyo's DisneySea? Vehicles that ride in a shallow pool of water that ride around/avoid fountains of water? Could be the same system (without the water)...?