PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland sell glass slippers?

socaldisneyfan
11-24-2003, 07:12 AM
Does anyone know if they have any glass slippers at Disneyland that you can later on engrave?

hbquikcomjamesl
11-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Yes, they have glass slippers. But unless your name happens to be Cinderella, they're so uncomfortable that they make the "Cruel Shoes" of Steve Martin's essay seem downright pleasant.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Yes, they have glass slippers. Where? I'm guessing Crystal Arts on Main Street and the other crystal shop in NOS, but I can't personally attest to having seen them.

hbquikcomjamesl
11-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Uh, I was being facetious. Still I could have sworn I'd seen them somewhere.

And for anybody unfamiliar with the Steve Martin essay I alluded to, not only is it in his book of the same title, and one of his comedy albums, but it's also on his web site

http://www.stevemartin.com/albums/cruel_shoes.php

Sheila
11-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I seem to recall that they sell plastic Lucite shoes for little girls as part of a princess costume, including the wand and tiara? Nothing for big girls, of course. I can't swear on it though....

Sheila

scottmen
11-24-2003, 10:41 AM
I don't know if this will help but I think that Cinderella had a mini shoe in that shoe collection they were selling at Disneyana.

Kevy Baby
11-24-2003, 11:38 AM
hbquikcomjamesl: good pull on the Steve Martin reference.

I highly doubt that you will find one for sale at Disneyland (or anywhere for that matter) that one could wear: the liability issues are tremendous.

You can find a couple of small (about 3") ones at Crystal Arts on Main Street, bit they don't leave much room for engraving.

My wife is the very proud owner of a unique item. When we were planning our nuptials seven years ago, Mrs. Baby wanted a glass slipper as a cake topper. Ordered one from Arribas Brothers (http://www.arribasbrothers.com/) (the people who run the Crystal Arcade), but they sent the wrong one. I was returning it to a facility they had in Anaheim when I struck up a conversation with a VP there (had his card for years) and told him the story of why we wanted the slipper (did a very elaborate Cinderella themed proposal). He took me back to their conference room and showed me one of two prototypes for a women's size six glass slipper (not wearable, just full sized). They were considering producing it, but decided not, so he sold me one (they had to keep the other one). Looking back on it today, I would say it was a steal at $100 - if we wanted to sell it (which we won't), I am sure we could get much more for it!

The ironic part is that this full sized slipper was too big to fit on the cake, so my wife made a display for it next to the cake and it was the "honorary" cake topper.