PDA

View Full Version : A Small Trip Report (11/13 - 11/16)

CarlieB
11-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm back in NZ after 4 weeks away overseas (part of which was, of course, spent at DL:) )

After nearly 3 weeks in Spain and Italy we arrived in LA around 2pm on Thursday the 13th. I was travelling with my boyfriend and 5 other friends, 2 of whom left us at LA to travel back to NZ. We jumped on the shuttle and were at the Carousel Inn after about 40 minutes or so. We checked in and half an hour later we were getting our Park Hopper tickets and entering the Parks! I won't detail everything we did, as we were there for 4 days, but I'll list a few of the highlights...

* Billy Hill and the Hillbillies: we saw the show twice and it was great both times (with different Billies each time too!) One of the best things in DL, imho:)

* Riding GRR and Splash without the queues. Apparantly it was cold in So Cal. Not for us hardy NZers:D We rode GRR several times (it's one of my favourite rides) and got soaked a couple of times by the geyser - so much fun! Splash was great too - it's a classic!:)

* Fantasmic and the Holiday Believe - Fantasmic is always wonderful, and the Holiday fireworks were cool too.

* Walking through the GCH. I'd never done this before, and having seen it I *really* want to stay there - maybe next year...

* HMH - wonderfully presented - I loved it:)

* I also enjoyed spending time by myself (while the others were at the Matrix) just hanging out shopping in DTD. Compass Books is great for browsing (and coffee!), I had fun at Sephora and even got some cool yoga pants on sale at the Rainforest Cafe

* Riding Soarin' again - I love this ride:)

All in all we had a great time, and already have plans for returning in mid-December 2004 - I can't wait:D

Lost Boy
11-23-2003, 01:21 PM
I am assuming that NZ means New Zealand, right. From LOTR land to Disneyland. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It's always fun to hear how others look at the original. Thanks for the report.

CarlieB
11-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Indeed it is:) I'm back in New Zealand just in time for the Return of the King world premiere next Monday. It's happening in the city where I live, so that's cool. I'm going to put up some hotel & restaurant reviews later on when I gather my thoughts - didn't want to take up too much room on the Pad with my ramblings:D