PDA

View Full Version : Wine Counrty Trattoria/Parade?

Alpha1mom
11-23-2003, 04:40 AM
Hi,
Would it be worth it to make reservations for the Wine Country Trattoria at like, 8:30 on a Sunday to watch the Electric Parade???

hefferdude
11-23-2003, 06:06 AM
We did this one night at DCA and it was so-so to OK.
The food was very good. Some of the most reasonably priced at DLR/DCA.

Now having said that, my comments on the parade.
The dining patio sits higher than the parade route and prohibits
a street level view unless you are seated at a table right by the wall. You can see about mid float up. We could not see the CMs in costume on foot. AND the guests at the tables right by the wall stood up during the parade blocking the view of those behind them. ( Duh people ). We had a harder time seeing even then.
The CMs were somewhat lax to ask them to sit down.:rolleyes:
Maybe its changed. This was in late September.

I understand you can purchase special seating with an unrestricted view. ( $$ ) No surprise there.

Alpha1mom
11-23-2003, 06:25 AM
Thanks Hefferdude for the info.
I see what you mean. I'm sure there's no gaurentee to "sit by the wall"

We'll just plan on getting there early and grabbing a bench.
Last year we did this and of course, people sit in front of you, no biggy but when the parade starts, they feel as though they need to stand! I got tired of being rude, telling people to "Please sit down" :eek:

HBTiggerFan
11-23-2003, 08:25 AM
You can walk up about 15 - 20 minutes before the parade starts and grab a free nice front row ground seat across from the Golden Vine Winery near the little store (forget what it's called) and fruit stand.

CraigMBA
11-23-2003, 05:10 PM
If you go on Friday or Saturday, the place upstairs from WCT was excelent.

However, it ain't cheap, and if you're a big eater, you won't be happy with human sized portions.

I just got back from Vegas with a weekend with Mrs. Craig and portion size has an all new meaning:eek: I swear, the next time we go I'll order one entre at Rio and a second plate and we'll STILL not be able to finish it. The Steakhouse at Treasure Island was the same, but almost 4x the price.