PDA

View Full Version : Yamabuki Reviews?

millionairegirl
11-22-2003, 11:51 AM
So, I waited too long to make my CP reservations and I got 'stuck' with Yamabuki. The good thing is that Dave and I love sushi, but the only review on MousePlanet is highly negative.

Please tell me somebody has some good things to say about it!

Andrew
11-22-2003, 12:03 PM
I've been there once or twice, can't recall for sure. The one time I remember clearly was with a large group for dinner. I think I had a sushi "sampler" with several different kinds of nigiri and sashimi, and as I recall it was excellent. A bit overpriced, to be sure, but it's part of a Disney hotel so you kind of expect that.

If you enjoy Japanese food and don't mind paying a bit of a premium, I think you'll have a good time.

millionairegirl
11-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks Andrew! I think we'll have a good time, I'm kind of worried about meeting the $100 minimum. I asked the lady if alcohol was inlcuded in that total, which she assured was. Now I'm wondering if gratuity is as well.

CoasterMatt
11-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Just buy a bottle of plum wine (about $90 if I recall correctly), but make sure that you actually get to try it

;)

uberfrau
11-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Granted, it was a couple years ago, but my husband and I had the Shabu Shabu dinner and it was excellent! The restaurant is really beautiful and the service was excellent.

(it was valentine's day and they even sent the meat platter for the shabu shabu out with a pretty design :) )

($100 minimum? something I'm missing?)

millionairegirl
11-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by uberfrau

($100 minimum? something I'm missing?)

For reserved seats at Candlelight Processional they have dining packages with various minimum amounts. Yamabuki is $50 a head.

lisap
11-22-2003, 08:08 PM
I don't think you will have any trouble meeting the 100 minimum--from what I remember the individual dishes add up pretty quickly ;) . I thought the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I think you will have a nice time, especially if you like sushi. :)

Pirate33
11-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Yes, Yamabuki is excellent -- surprisingly good. Not only did we enjoy the food but the service was excellent.

It's somewhat pricey but actually good Japanese food is always pricey. You will not be able to have a good meal there without spending $50 per person, so no worries there.

cstephens
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
We've eaten at Yamabuki twice, once at the sushi bar, once at the table. The sushi is OK there, though I don't think I care for the rice that much. They do something different to it, but I don't know what. The prices are a bit high, but if you have an AP, that should bring the prices down a bit more. The people who had non-sushi food when we were at a table seemed to like their meals. I'm kind of surprised at the $50 per person price point there. $50 in sushi per person is quite a bit, unless you're getting sashimi.

Have a great time!