PDA

View Full Version : In Place of Tomorrowland

09-21-2001, 05:12 AM
This is inspired by wonderful's Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow thread.

Tomorrowland ain't what it used to be. Here's just a couple of things:

-structural problems with the lagoon leaks and the potential sinkhole under Innoventions.

-consistent updating is necessary to avoid seeming obsolete

Solution: raze Tomorrowland and put in another land. What would you put in place of Tomorrowland?

totbellhop
09-21-2001, 05:08 PM
Why, would Tomorrowland close?, it is a traditional and original part of Disneyland, that is very loved by almost everyone, it was one of the few lands that Walt Disney created, but with the new layout, it doesn't seem like Tomorrowland anymore, it looks more like Discoveryland.
If you pay a visit to Mousepad very often, you may have seen a thread named "The Tomorrowland we'd like to see", it's not very old, so you may go to it and see some of the ideas that mousepadders posted.
I particulary liked one, that stated that Autopia should be moved to DCA, and use that space to recreate Discoveryland(Disneyland Paris)/Mysterious Island(Tokyo Disneysea), using the old sublagoon, and add Mount Prometeus(I think), 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, Journey to the center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, and relocate the Astro Orbitor, this area could be painted like the "New Tomorrowland"(GOLD), and Tomorrowland could be painted again how it originally was (WHITE). I liked this idea very much, but I would also add more Jules Verne inspired atractions, like Around the World in Eighty Days.
Well, altough we all know that this will never happen, it is good to dream once in a while, you know.

P.S: If nothing major is added to Tomorrowland in the next two years, it will beging to deteriorate and will become the new Disneyland "land": "Presslerland" or should I say "Eisnerland"

09-21-2001, 05:24 PM
I agree that the MousePadders have terrific ideas for redos. The Tomorrowland threads are always the first I read. The plight of Tomorrowland and the Submarine Voyage (R.I.P.) first brought me to MousePlanet.

I just have an intuitive feeling that Tomorrowland is not long for this world. It's neglected to a marked degree. They just aren't investing money, time, or energy into it. It has the problem of built-in obsolescence and so is expensive.

I'm beginning to repeat myself. :o

Nigel2
09-21-2001, 11:33 PM
If I rember correctly from that video they were showing in the disney gallery (before Tomorrowland was finnished) That the new design would be a timeless style since constant updates would be very hard to accomplish. And quit trying to make it white, I don't want it to look like a sharper image. The color it currently is works for its style, also we hear enough paint job gripes from some people, what about all white buildings, they don't stay white very long.:)

WizKidRyan
09-24-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
If I rember correctly from that video they were showing in the disney gallery (before Tomorrowland was finnished) That the new design would be a timeless style since constant updates would be very hard to accomplish. And quit trying to make it white, I don't want it to look like a sharper image. The color it currently is works for its style, also we hear enough paint job gripes from some people, what about all white buildings, they don't stay white very long.:)

At least brown always looks brown regardless of how dirty it gets :p