PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian

tru2mickey
11-21-2003, 11:32 AM
I am going to stay at the GCH for the first time Nov. 30 th and would love a little bit of help. I'm wondering if they have self parking, if it is possible to check in early, and does anyony know the hours of the pool? Thanks for any help!:D :D :D

mousey_girl
11-21-2003, 12:14 PM
The self parking is across the street from the main entrance to the hotel. We were able to check in at 10 am (instead of 3). We had the Bell Desk help us get the bags from the car, they were going to hold them for us if we weren't able to check in. While I went inside, my husband drove the car across to the parking area. A better description of the parking location is behind the theater at DTD.

Not sure about the pool hours...

TribeFan
11-21-2003, 12:38 PM
You can check in as early as you would like but rooms are generally available after 3:00 pm. The hotel is sold out for the night of the 29th so your room will probably not be available early in the morning. Let Bell Services hold your things, go to the front desk and check in and then go and enjoy your day. You will not have to go back at 3:00. Your room will be held for you.

The pool hours are 6:00 am - 10:00 pm. The Redwood Slide is open from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Yes, self parking is located directly across the street from the hotel. The cost of self parking is included in your daily resort fee.

Have a fun time.

Freerider127
11-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Have a fun time. ITS A NICE HOTEL!:D

DisneyQB
11-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Went earlier this month, had early check in and got into our room around 10:30am.

When we arrived, all the windows at the checkin desk said they were for "CHECKOUT" ... but you can go to any of the windows.

Self parking was available, but since it was so hectic with toddlers and all, we decided to go for the luxury of valet parking. Glad we did, it was raining when we left and they brought our car right up to the door, loaded it for us, and we were off. All we had to do was strap the little ones into the car.

We expected a "city side" view, which is the cheapest, but got a view looking inside the courtyard w/ pool, waterslide, etc.. and the PARK! Very pretty at night.

Just to let you know, were not a big fan of Storyteller's Cafe at dinnertime.. you might want to look elsewhere for food.

kisroo
11-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Ahhhhhhhh.....the Grand California........sigh...........I'm jealous! Have a great time! ;)

I remember the pool and spas stayed open until 10:00 when we were there last Oct.
We stayed concierge and our room was *not* available until 2:30. They did store our luggage and let us relax in the concierge lounge, though. They did their best for us, I know. And we were at the park in the afternoon anyway :D

I don't' know about parking, but they seemed to have a very efficient valet area. There were people dressed in their GCH finery directing cars, parking cars, and helping people with their luggage.

I agree with DisneyQB~we were not pleased with Storytellers. We were pleasantly surprised by White Water for lunch and snacks, though. Check out the MPlanet dining reviews for more info on various eateries around the hotel :)
Enjoy!
~kisroo :)

Pat-n-Eil
11-21-2003, 03:21 PM
We've enjoyed Storyteller's Cafe for a couple of years.. Lunch & Dinner only.. Last year they started a Buffet style option too. I've heard some people, including people I work with, who've had a bad time there.. but so far I've only had good food and good service.

We are staying at GCH next week as well and I have a reservation for the Dinner seating on Thanksgiving. I hope it will still be good.

This is our first Holiday Visit and it has been over 15 months since we've been to Disneyland Resort so we're very excited to take that drive down I-5 on Tuesday morning..

lisap
11-21-2003, 03:39 PM
We usually have good food and good service there--the dinner and breakfast buffets are both very yumm. It does tend to get crowded on weekends and service can be a tad slow in some cases during the rush--but on the whole, we really like Storytellers.

motoxmagicdca
11-21-2003, 03:50 PM
They have nice bathrooms:D