PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for the Holidays

wonderful
09-20-2001, 10:51 PM
Since I am leaving for DL Paris and won't be around for our great holidays, I'd like to make sure anyone who is planning a trip out takes advantage of all the resort has to offer:
1.If you are planning your trip, try not to come between Christmas Eve and New Years Day... or just be ready to only get on a few attractions each day of your stay
2.I hear there ought to be more snow locations this year, so Main Street shouldn't be as crowded... and PLEASE look around durring "white christmas"... seeing everyone tear up for this is well worth the admission
3.Take advantage of DCA... DL WILL be crowded! Why not enjoy the park across the way whenever the crowds get to be too much (hopefully DCA will ease the crowds of last year)
4.And don't miss Luminaria... it should be quite a good show
5.Small World Holiday has FastPass people... and so does Haunted Mansion (which is going to be great, by the way!)
6.Take time out to say hello to Santa (or Goofy)... you'll be glad you did when you develop the picture
7.The cookie stations are FANTASTIC! I highly recomend them..
8.Stop and listen to the Dicken's carolers and, if you know anyone, try to see Candlelight... and if you have seen it before, give your ticket to someone who hasn't (I did that last year and they were delighted... spread they xmas magic I say!)
9.No one does Christmas like Disney, and people know that... so it is going to be crowded... but if you come prepared, enjoy the decorations and shows, and board the few attractions you will get on with a light heart, you'll never forget YOUR christmas at Disneyland Resort... I promise (The promise is subject to change and not valid with anyone's bad attitude which I... nor the Disneyland Resort... can or should be held responsible for).
Merry Christmas!

Nigel2
09-21-2001, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by wonderful
durring "white christmas"... seeing everyone tear up for this is well worth the admission

Thats not tears of emotion, soap go in their eyes:D

I went over to the cookie station once and asked if the gingerbread houses were for sale, the girl actually told me that the would go on sale AFTER christmas, and they would be arround 50 dollars. Why would you even have them out and wraped if they werent for sale? Plus who would buy one that would be stale when you got it?

steamboatStu
09-21-2001, 06:37 AM
if you know anyone, try to see Candlelight...

I will be doing this this year - but don't know precisely what it is. Can someone fill me in on what to expect?

downingfamily1
09-21-2001, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

My family is thinking of taking a trip to Disneyland in December. Can we beat the big crowds if we go early in the month? We have two little kids and waiting in long lines tend to be a problem.

wonderful
09-21-2001, 04:51 PM
Candlelight: It's basicly your traditional Christmas pagent... a bunch of great christmas songs sung by hundreds of local groups... and, the highlight, a celebrity reads either the story of christmas from the Bible or selections from Dickens' A Christmas Carol (and don't bother debating if it is "pc" to read the Bible at DL... the selection is the choice of the celeb)

Beating the crowds: early December is great because everything is up, so you won't miss out... I'd try to squeeze in one weekend night so you can see Fantasmic, the fireworks (if they are not on all week... but they probably will be), and other entertainment that is only available on weekends... the great thing is now you can set up your tickets, make reservations for Fantasmic viewing (which is a bit pricey, but well worth avoiding the crowds and the deserts are great), and basicly save time by not having to wait in ticket lines, by calling 714-781-4400...
By the way, if the kids get antsy, you could take 'em over to the oft forgotten Toontown where the decorations are really nice and, because everyone's waiting for "small world holiday", there's really no line for Gadget's Go Coaster and Mickey's House... have a great trip!