PDA

View Full Version : River Belle will be Table Service - interesting...

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
11-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Interesting news from the Parks Blog today how RB will be table service (story here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/11/new-dining-experiences-coming-to-river-belle-terrace-and-rancho-del-zocalo-restaurante-at-disneyland-park/))

The fact that they're making the change with the westside being impacted by SW construction is quite intriguing. Is it a way to soak up some additional guests for longer? will they be able to raise prices now to get more $$ for fantasmic seating? Lots of interesting questions...

cstephens
11-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Looks like some of the items on the River Belle menu are to compensate for Big Thunder BBQ going away. I'm interested to see what's on the Rancho breakfast menu. I like the chicken tamale breakfast plate at Flo's.

josephfive
11-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I like the idea of breakfast at Rancho. I'm not completely sold on Mickey pancakes at Rancho though. In my mind, Mickey pancakes = River Belle.

olegc
11-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Looks like some of the items on the River Belle menu are to compensate for Big Thunder BBQ going away. I'm interested to see what's on the Rancho breakfast menu. I like the chicken tamale breakfast plate at Flo's.

I am hoping for more mexican-style breakfast choices in Disneyland (TT's breakfast burrito is truly the american version)

I like the idea of breakfast at Rancho. I'm not completely sold on Mickey pancakes at Rancho though. In my mind, Mickey pancakes = River Belle.

I think they will have to offer something of a mickey pancake or waffle out of tradition - but who knows.

stan4d_steph
11-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Hopefully River Belle will switch back to offering breakfast once the renovations on the Rivers of America are complete. I would miss being able to have breakfast with a view of the river.

candles71
11-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Hopefully River Belle will switch back to offering breakfast once the renovations on the Rivers of America are complete. I would miss being able to have breakfast with a view of the river.

This.

lifeisgood
11-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Oh, I hope ALL the tables in the River Belle Terrace seating area won't be converted to table service. If so, where are you supposed to sit if you get something from Stage Door?

cstephens
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh, I hope ALL the tables in the River Belle Terrace seating area won't be converted to table service. If so, where are you supposed to sit if you get something from Stage Door?

Hmmm, good point. I wonder what they'll consider to be the River Belle seating. There are the indoor seats, and the outside seating that's in the patio right outside, facing the Fantasmic stage. That whole stretch of tables between Stage Door and River Belle, though, I don't know how much, if any, they'll use. I would think maybe a third or half of that space? They'll probably have to reconfigure with a new fence to delineate where the River Belle seating ends.

Janis and Aaron
11-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Rancho del Zocalo has lots of seating, and it's not too far from Stage Door.

A Shellie Day
11-19-2015, 10:18 PM
The view is nice and all, but is the food that great at Riverbelle or is it just nostalgia?

I ask because a few weeks ago a friend and I got breakfast there and we were both disappointed. I had the French toast and she had the biscuits and gravy and it was probably one of the worst meals I've had at the parks, ever. It was all cold. All of it. Eggs, potatoes, French toast...even her gravy was cold. She went back to ask for warm gravy and they said they'd get her some hot gravy -- the new gravy was barely warm.

The only thing that was really good was the fruit we split. At least that was supposed to be served cold.

Given that, I just can't bring myself to be that disappointed over this location no longer serving breakfast.

cstephens
11-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Rancho del Zocalo has lots of seating, and it's not too far from Stage Door.

Except that when I go to Rancho, the seating is pretty full from the people actually getting food from there. There's not enough space there to absorb all the people who are getting food from Stage Door.

The view is nice and all, but is the food that great at Riverbelle or is it just nostalgia?

Sorry you had a bad experience there. I don't have breakfast very often there, but when I have, it's been good.

candles71
11-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience there. I don't have breakfast very often there, but when I have, it's been good.
This. We have always enjoyed it.

Malcon10t
11-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience there. I don't have breakfast very often there, but when I have, it's been good.Our experience has been good when we have gone. I am still hoping they bring breakfast back to Cafe Orleans.

MadasaHatter
11-22-2015, 11:44 AM
I am excited by this change. Maybe there will be hot Mickey Mouse pancakes available!!! I miss those! Woo hoo. It will be interesting to see how the change over works.

danyoung
11-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Pretty near the top of the list of things I've enjoyed at Disneyland over the years is breakfast at the River Belle, sitting outside and watching the river traffic while the morning crowds slowly build up. I know change has to come, and I'm sure the Zocalo breakfast will be fine. But this is a very sad change for me.

cstephens
11-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Pretty near the top of the list of things I've enjoyed at Disneyland over the years is breakfast at the River Belle, sitting outside and watching the river traffic while the morning crowds slowly build up. I know change has to come, and I'm sure the Zocalo breakfast will be fine. But this is a very sad change for me.

But you don't know that the change is permanent. As has been pointed out, there is not going to be any river traffic for about a year or eighteen months starting in January, so even if River Belle were still open for breakfast, the vistas of the Rivers of America wouldn't be the same. Maybe after the River if open again and the boats and such are running again, they'll re-open River Belle for breakfast.

Toocherie
11-23-2015, 02:43 PM
i am still hoping they bring breakfast back to cafe orleans.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danyoung
11-24-2015, 05:18 AM
But you don't know that the change is permanent.

I guess I can always hope. But I've read about plans to pull out the whole pancake grilling section, which would indicate a much more permanent move. We'll see.

sjhanksaz
11-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Would be nice to have a BBQ place to eat - I was not a real fan of what the River Bell served.

You have the River Bell, Blue Buoy, French Market and Café Orleans - too much "Frenchy" type food all concentrated in one area

cstephens
11-25-2015, 12:42 PM
You have the River Bell, Blue Buoy, French Market and Café Orleans - too much "Frenchy" type food all concentrated in one area

I could see Cafe Orleans being considered "French" to a minor degree (pommes frites are still French fries, no matter what they try to call it), but I wouldn't think of any of the other places as having French food. Curious as to what dishes in particular you're referring to. Admittedly, I haven't eaten at French Market in a while, but the name of their restaurant notwithstanding, they (and Blue Bayou) seem more themed to New Orleans/Louisiana style, if anything. And the theming kind of fits in with the area.

stan4d_steph
11-25-2015, 01:48 PM
You have the River Bell, Blue Buoy, French Market and Café Orleans - too much "Frenchy" type food all concentrated in one areaAll themed relatively appropriately to the land where it is located. Walk a few steps to a different area to find other types of food. BBQ is more appropriate in Frontierland, conveniently located right next door to New Orleans Square.

sjhanksaz
11-25-2015, 03:11 PM
I could see Cafe Orleans being considered "French" to a minor degree (pommes frites are still French fries, no matter what they try to call it), but I wouldn't think of any of the other places as having French food. Curious as to what dishes in particular you're referring to. Admittedly, I haven't eaten at French Market in a while, but the name of their restaurant notwithstanding, they (and Blue Bayou) seem more themed to New Orleans/Louisiana style, if anything. And the theming kind of fits in with the area.

All themed relatively appropriately to the land where it is located. Walk a few steps to a different area to find other types of food. BBQ is more appropriate in Frontierland, conveniently located right next door to New Orleans Square.

So possibly not French per say. But they share cajion spices and stuff. I would love to find just a really nice New Your Stake someplace inside the park.

I just know that when I look at most all of the menus I just don't get all that excited about the food.

BBQ and Stake Please

Malcon10t
11-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Blue Bayou in DL park offers filet mignon. In DCA, Carthay usually has one on the menu. Hop on the monorail and you have Steakhouse 55 at the DLH.

We enjoy all the various locations for the own items. At French Market, we generally get the Beef Stew in a bread bowl. So good. Also the french dip sandwich is great. At Cafe Orleans, between the French Onion soup, and a sandwich (Monte Cristo to split) with pommes frites!!

River Belle Terrace has usually offered a variety of sandwiches like a dip, chicken, or pulled pork. I am excited to see what they will be offering now.

candles71
11-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I had the flank steak (I think, the one with chimichurri) it was really good. Friend had the other steak choice and enjoyed it. August at BB.

Malcon10t
11-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Would be nice to have a BBQ place to eat - I was not a real fan of what the River Bell served.

You have the River Bell, Blue Buoy, French Market and Café Orleans - too much "Frenchy" type food all concentrated in one areaJust to clarify, River Belle Terrace is in Frontierland. It doesn't share a spice pallette with NOS. It is generally southern food if anything. Po' Boys and salads. Nothing "FrenchY" or Cajun there.