PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Restaurant - Anniversary

mamabot
11-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Would anyone be able to recommend a romantic restaurant at the DLR? My husband and I are going to the resort 11/29 & 11/30 to celebrate our anniversary. We want to go to a romantic restaurant to for dinner on Saturday.

Any suggestions woulod be appreciated.

Ghoulish Delight
11-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Hard to beat Blue Bayou. Pricey, but undeniabley romantic.

daannzzz
11-21-2003, 09:11 AM
The following would be good for a romantic dinner...
Blue Bayou though it is a bit cramped and noisey.
The Vinyard Room at DCA
Napa Rose at the Grand Californian
Hook's Point at the Disneyland Hotel
Granville's Steakhouse (This has a nice sounding menu and good reviews but I don't know what the decore is like. I would assume that since it is the top of the line restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel that it is nice inside.
For some people Ralph Brennan's at Downtown Disney would be romantic. It is atmoshphereic but a bit lively and loud.

scottmen
11-21-2003, 09:37 AM
How about Naples. You can sit on the second floor outside and its really a nice atmosphere. The prices aren't that bad depending what you get. There is also Catal, its more expensice but it you sit outside on the second floor at the right spot you can watch the fireworks.

Scott

TribeFan
11-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Just an FYI. The Napa Rose has been named by Zaggat Survey's 2004 as the best restaurant in all of Orange County. The food is incredible and the service is awesome. It is resort casual but you are welcome to dress up if you are celebrating! I highly recommend the Napa Rose. I celebrated my 40th birthday there last year it was excellent.

Call Early. Reservations go quickly. 714-781-DINE.

mamabot
11-21-2003, 11:33 AM
I made reservations for Napa Rose through vacation planning. It will be nice to go to a restaurant we hav enot been to before. :D

Freerider127
11-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Blue Bayou is a very nice setting that I would reccomend, it is quite pricey. Napa Rose at GCH is very nice but really expensive both are nice places it just depends on how much $ you want to spend and what kind of setting you like. I dont think you can beat the Blue Bayou setting, but Napa Rose is extremely nice and if you want wine you can get that at teh Napa Rose.

cstephens
11-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mamabot
I made reservations for Napa Rose through vacation planning. It will be nice to go to a restaurant we hav enot been to before. :D

In case you're interested, here is Napa Rose's current menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenu.html).

Have a great time! Please let us know how everything goes.

hbquikcomjamesl
11-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Hmm. Well, at least everything I looked at was recognizable as food (which is better than some menus I've seen!) However, there's quite literally nothing on there that appeals to me, other than a few items on the CHILDREN'S menu! My aversion to seafood kills off the first four main courses; my aversion to any pork products other than bacon, spam, and wieners kills of another, and my loathing of how steaks typically turn out in a restaurant (i.e., surface searing so severe I'd classify it as scorching, over a nearly-raw core) kills the beef entrees. That leaves venison and pheasant, both of which I'd much rather look at alive, than eat dead. (A similar sentiment, felt acutely over a plate of lamb shanks, was what drove my mother to swear off mammal flesh.)

Why the <obscenity> <blasphemy> can't they offer <blasphemy> adult-size portions of the <blasphemy> <vulgarity> children's menu items? What's so <obscenity> wrong with offering an adult-sized plate of chicken? The only time I can remember anybody screwing up chicken was when Eli's in Chicago served me a plate of chicken Vesuvio, that turned out to be more like chicken SASHIMI under the first layer of muscle, then overcompensated and sent it back to me scorched to a frazzle.

I think I'll stick with the Bayou. And mourn over the loss of the Soap Opera Bistro.

Oh, and DON'T tell me that a request for an adult-sized portion of a children's menu item would "insult the chef." If a chef offered a menu like that, and DID take offense at such a request, he'd DESERVE to be insulted, and I'd be quite happy to give him something to take offense at, like a string of insults fit to curdle an egg in its shell!

oohykitten
11-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Blue Bayou is the best, I went there for my anniversary, it was more then words could say. Plus it was the first time my "love" phobic boyfriend told me he was in love with me too. :)

disguy
11-21-2003, 03:58 PM
By far I would say, Blue Bayou water front view of course :)
Next choice would be Hooks Pointe. Happy anniversary!

Laffite
11-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Is Napa rose in DCA or GCH ?

Freerider127
11-21-2003, 04:38 PM
GCH

Cadaverous Pallor
11-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
What's so <obscenity> wrong with offering an adult-sized plate of chicken? They do. Just go to Knotts. They have the best <obscenity> chicken on the planet. :) You aren't going to get that kind of stuff at shmancy restaurants.

Dude, you won't eat seafood, pork, or beef at a restaurant? I thought I was picky for avoiding pork and seafood most of the time but relenting once in a while. I get sick of getting chicken and beef every single time.

Perhaps this is related to the dating issue.....;)

And yes I had to put the "dude" in there :D

kisroo
11-21-2003, 08:05 PM
I agree with the Blue Bayou wholeheartedly~waterside at a table for two....

I thought upstairs at the Uva Bar with all the twinkly lights looked nice and romantic~of course, if it's nice out, downstairs outside is romantic, too. :)

Now, Mr kisroo felt like ESPN zone was romantic, but I disagree...fun, but not romantic! hahaha

We would have loved to try Granvilles or Yamabuki (sp?) or definately Napa Rose if we'd had the moola! :)

Have a great, romantic, time whatever you decide!
~kisroo

cstephens
11-22-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Hmm. Well, at least everything I looked at was recognizable as food (which is better than some menus I've seen!) However, there's quite literally nothing on there that appeals to me, other than a few items on the CHILDREN'S menu! My aversion to seafood kills off the first four main courses; my aversion to any pork products other than bacon, spam, and wieners kills of another, and my loathing of how steaks typically turn out in a restaurant (i.e., surface searing so severe I'd classify it as scorching, over a nearly-raw core) kills the beef entrees. That leaves venison and pheasant, both of which I'd much rather look at alive, than eat dead. (A similar sentiment, felt acutely over a plate of lamb shanks, was what drove my mother to swear off mammal flesh.)

Given your aversions, how do you manage to find anything to eat? That must be really difficult. Chicken all the time gets boring, doesn't it? While I agree with your comment about the steaks sometimes, that's definitely not the case at Napa Rose. And while I don't think I'm up to having pheasant, I love venison, though I've only ever had it (several times) at one restaurant, but I'd at least consider trying it at Napa Rose. I've never had anything bad there.