PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Single Day Tickets

cemeinke
11-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Universal caught on to this last year – But what if you made every guest an AP?

Think about for charging a mere $50 more per ticket Disney could grant, “1 year free” (subject to certain blackout dates ala the So Cal Pass). There’d be an immediate increase in initial revenue plus we all know that in general APs generate spend more over the course of a year than a day guest. Guests would be compelled to return “to get their money’s worth” and end up spending even more money on food and chachkas! And those that didn't, hey Disney gets an additional $50 off of them.

But that’s not all - just think of how much the attendance numbers for DCA jump. A true boon to that near-empty park across the esplanade. With an AP people would park-hop just to check it out. Each peek is still another attendance click for Disney.

Honestly, I can’t think of a downside.

Elly
11-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Uh, how about long lines and crowds?

Andrew
11-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Elly

Potentially offset by the increase in admission price?

HBTiggerFan
11-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Elly

Already happening.

sleepyjeff
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Yes, but there are many more deaths in the desert due to drowning than due to dehydration:|

MonorailMan
11-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Well, what if:

"Go to Disneyland for 1 day, get DCA free for a year!"

Keep DL less busy, and DCA busier. Looks Win-Win to me. ;) :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-20-2003, 09:05 PM
can you imagine trying to get around the park if this was to be. THe walkways would be so packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrTomMorrow
11-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
Yes, but there are many more deaths in the desert due to drowning than due to dehydration:|

???

MonorailMan
11-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff

I think this refers to the fact that many people would rather throw their family members in Paradise Bay, then get "dehydrated" (wanting more) of DCA, the empty "desert" of a park. ;) :D

sleepyjeff
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
???

I was trying for something there----but now that I see it in the light of day; it doesn't work. ie; water = people. I know, it doesn't make sense to me now either.:fez:

Darkbeer
11-20-2003, 09:20 PM
But let's look at the current SoCal offer, Pay for a day at Disneyland ($47), and get a day at DCA for free.

What happened at the beginning of this year, a lot of folks did the Disneyland thing, and then held on to their DCA visit, and then, just before the tickets were about to expire, many came for the freebie (but some decided it wasn't worth the trip).

I know I wouldn't drive up to the DLR from San Diego just to visit DCA. I don't mind stopping by the Cove Bar at DCA in the middle of my Disneyland visit. But if I am driving up to ride coasters, I am going to Knott's or SFMM instead of DCA. If I want 3-D movies, it is USH instead of DCA. If I want entertainment and shows and a raft ride, it is SeaWorld instead of DCA.