PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Violence

Ace
09-20-2001, 08:23 PM
last time I was at Disneyland, for grad day, I was with a group of friends. We went into Star Tours and got assigned to a spaceship, sat down, and watched the safety video. About halfway through the video, the part about flash photography, the funniest thing hapenned. The little animal (ewok???) takes a picture of the mon calamari and the mon calimari raises his hand to slap the ewok! I know this is not one of the more meaningful posts, but I want someone to go and see if I'm right, or If I'm just crazy.

Anyone who doesn't like disneyland is icky.

Napsto
09-20-2001, 08:44 PM
yea, i treminds me of something my mom would do.

Nigel2
09-20-2001, 09:32 PM
I thought it was a kid that took the photo, the ewok thing was the one that was being buckled in, speaking of that he didn't look like he measured up so how did he get on?

hbquikcomjamesl
09-21-2001, 08:22 AM
and the mon calimari raises his hand to slap the ewok!

I thought the Mon Calimari was raising his hand reflexively, to shield his eyes (the same as you or I would -- the reflex is of course too little, too late, but involuntary reflexes often are).

Ace
09-21-2001, 03:14 PM
I know he raises his hand as a reflex, but if you look at it and the expression on his face, you'll see what I'm talking about

Cadaverous Pallor
09-21-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I know he raises his hand as a reflex, but if you look at it and the expression on his face, you'll see what I'm talking about
The expression on his face??? :p :p :p
The Mon Calamari have full face masks, as I remember.

stevemo
09-21-2001, 03:43 PM
You are absolutely correct. The funky looking star wars dude threatens the picture taking kid with an "I'm gonna show you the back of my hand" kind of gesture because the flash painfully blinds the wookie, causing him to scream, which is painfully deafening to the fish like guy. I always thought that this was funny, kind of in a Wile E. Coyote falling off a cliff sort of way.

Ace
09-21-2001, 04:40 PM
the mon calimari actually speak in star wars episode 6, and their facial expressions change.

beanpole
09-21-2001, 10:50 PM
I love that moment in the video! Cracks me up each time I see it. It's the universal hand signal for "Why, I oughta....."

MickeyD
09-21-2001, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
yea, i treminds me of something my mom would do.

lol Napsto. I have a very clear picture in my head of your mom doing this to you.