PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet for Disney Visa cardholders opens November 16.

AVP
11-12-2015, 11:56 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/180707-4/ASD-05172015-05.jpg

Disney Visa Cardholders just got this via e-mail, and it's on the cardholder website:

Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet

Beginning November 16, 2015, feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet, offered daily from 4pm to 8pm at our private Cardmember location at the Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland at DisneylandŽ Park.

Simply present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.

I wonder if Darth Vader and another character will take turns, or if it's all Darth, all the time. I also wonder how they'll handle the inevitable advance queue, because you have to know people will show up before 4.

AVP

Gandalf
11-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the information AVP. Does anyone know if YODA, or C3PO will be one of the available Star Wars characters ? We were hoping for some of the unique ones too.

corona
11-12-2015, 06:39 PM
If "it's all Darth, all the time", what's the point?
DV is one of the two characters anyone can meet in SWLB.

AVP
11-12-2015, 11:39 PM
DV is one of the two characters anyone can meet in SWLB.

It's all Darth, all the time, at least for now.

But there will be a much shorter line.

AVP

jrsharp21
11-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Hopefully once the movie is released, Kylo Ren will be one of the characters they have at the meet and greet.

Pammer
11-13-2015, 07:12 AM
DV is one of the two characters anyone can meet in SWLB.What is SWLB?

I'd previously heard that DV would switch out with Chewbacca, but anyone is possible. :)

corona
11-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Well, "much shorter" is relative. I assume you have some inside information, because it has never been announced that DV is the character at the Imperial meet 'n greet. It's only open 4 hours per day, so I'm thinking "not as long" will be a better description than "much shorter".

Pammer
11-13-2015, 11:40 AM
What is SWLB?I finally answered my own question: Star Wars Launch Bay...hadn't seen the abbreviation for it before!

AVP
11-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Well, "much shorter" is relative. I assume you have some inside information, because it has never been announced that DV is the character at the Imperial meet 'n greet. I'm pretty certain it was stated in an answer to a question on one of the official Disney Parks Blog postings, but there's been so much put out there that I honestly don't remember. But yes, I was in the location Thursday night and met with Lord Vader, and his henchmen gave me the information I posted here.

Here's the photo I took in that location. Since the other location was closed for filming, I don't know if the sets are identical.

sjhanksaz
11-17-2015, 05:35 AM
Looking forward to this!

corona
11-17-2015, 07:33 AM
Don't.
It was a complete joke Monday.
CMs had no clue where it was, and there was not one single sign to direct guests to the location.
Given there was no wait time listed, it couldn't directly be compared with the regular one, but one could guess, and ...
A couple of CMs by the meet 'n' greet were trying to whisper to each other, but should have taken it backstage.
It was clear that they thought the people taking advantage of the "exclusive" meet 'n' greet were, too put it nicely, under-served.

cstephens
11-17-2015, 07:35 AM
I didn't do the actual meet and greet yesterday, but I went inside to check it out. The location is to the right as you enter the building, past the little movie that's showing. There's a small alcove where the line starts, but when I was there, the line extended into the cantina area, and the CM estimated that it was a 45 minute wait, and that was shortly after it started at 4pm. You do have to show your visa. The CM did confirm that at this time, Vader is the only one at this meet and greet. I went back later, around 7:15, and the line had maybe 15 people in it, but I was busy and tired so didn't wait.

bumblebeeonarose
11-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Does anyone know if they were doing a free photo with this M&G?

cstephens
11-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know if they were doing a free photo with this M&G?

Yes, they are.

candles71
11-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Yes, they are.
Nice! :)

JPPT1974
11-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Looks really nice to the OP!

Nightwing
11-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Going to add this...

At the AP Party on Tuesday night. Looks like they have two meet & greet there. The DV one and a Chewe for the rebels. No characters but was a photo shoot area Tuesday night. The Rebel CM were saying Chewe is not there that night. Along with no DV.

If any indication from just redecorate parts of Tomorrowland. Star Wars Land going to be massive when it opens!