PDA

View Full Version : November 3rd & 4th Very Busy

Rapunzelthorn
11-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Visited both parks Tuesday and Wednesday. Usually a peaceful, enjoyable time to go. Very busy! I know it's the 60th, but it is mid week, schools are in session, Halloween time is over, Christmas season hasn't started yet. Does anyone know why the crowds would be heavy this week? Did we overlook something?

tlovesdis
11-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Nope! The 60th celebration has made it crazy at the parks all the time! I haven't heard of any slows times since this all started in May! I am going this weekend and preparing for the worst! LOL! I think as the holiday season continues the park is going to be completely crazy and we will see more gate closures than ever before!

Disneyphile
11-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Our friends went on Monday, the 2nd, and said it was extremely crowded. Days of "off season" have been long over. :(

olegc
11-05-2015, 03:03 PM
I think thats a great point - that the 60th and its push to get people to come has created pretty much no slow period. Was it really this crazy all year long during the 50th? I can't seem to think it was but my memory is not so good for total information - the days I visited in late fall before Christmas season seemed not as heavy.

So all those guides out there on what to expect, and the crowd forecasts, may have to be augmented or at least posted with a caveat.

sjhanksaz
11-06-2015, 04:48 PM
I think the economy improving and the 60th are the perfect storm.

Rapunzelthorn
11-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Other than some special 60th merchandise and the Paint the Night Parade and fireworks show, I'm not sure what the big draw of the 60th is. We missed the parade and watched the fireworks over in Critter Country between some trees by Winnie the Pooh. I realize that we missed the music and projections, but it was actually very peaceful over there and my kids loved the fireworks. It was a quiet, memorable experience! I think that it was the highlight of our trip. We were practically alone over there. There were maybe two people standing behind us.

We did want to experience Big Thunder BBQ before they closed it down and we really enjoyed that. We also rode the Mark Twain before they shut down ROA for the construction.

I'm not seeing what the big draw is, but maybe that's because we don't camp out for the shows. :confused: I actually see the shows as a negative because they disrupt traffic flow so much.

Calikaley
11-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah it seems that the parks are crowded all the time since the 60th started, even on the weekdays. My fiancé and I went for four days in October and the weekdays were a little less crowded, but not by much! It doesn't seem like the 50th anniversary was that crowded and I went several times that year. I also thought that they had more to offer overall during the 50th celebration, although I am still enjoying the 60th.

A Shellie Day
11-07-2015, 05:40 PM
I think it's hit or miss. I went on the 29th, in the afternoon, and it was pretty quiet. 5 minute wait for Matterhorn, 20 minute wait for Ghost Galaxy. It was really nice. I can't really figure out what the pattern is these days, but there are some days that aren't very crowded.

sjhanksaz
11-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I think it's hit or miss. I went on the 29th, in the afternoon, and it was pretty quiet. 5 minute wait for Matterhorn, 20 minute wait for Ghost Galaxy. It was really nice. I can't really figure out what the pattern is these days, but there are some days that aren't very crowded.

Did it rain?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Did it rain?

That's the only time we've seen low crowds in the last 5 years.

A Shellie Day
11-10-2015, 10:56 AM
No, there wasn't any rain. It was sunny and warm. There was a Halloween party later in the evening, but all day was very pleasant. I've also been on a couple of days that have regular hours that aren't very crowded through out the year, but like I said, very hit or miss.