PDA

View Full Version : Watching Fireworks from outside the resort

Doodle Duck
11-19-2003, 07:44 PM
The other night we were driving south on 5 and the fireworks were going off at DL. It was truely spectacular and very close to the hwy. Where are the GOOD spots off property to watch the fireworks Close Up?

MrTomMorrow
11-19-2003, 07:51 PM
It's pretty neat to watch it from the very top level of the Mickey and Friends parking structure. Also, from the entrance of Disney's California Adventure (right in front of the letters that spell out CALIFORNIA), except the music in the plaza doesn't fit with the fireworks show and can be annoying.

eor1222
11-19-2003, 08:24 PM
If you don't care about the syncronized music with the fireworks, we've watched the fireworks many times in the space between Wetzel's Pretzels and the Haagen Daaz (sp?) shop, often while munching on a pretzel. No soundtrack, but the fireworks still look cool just over the Adventureland trees.

Or, you could bring a boombox and the Disneyland soundtrack CD, and.... um, nevermind....

cemeinke
11-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by eor1222
Or, you could bring a boombox and the Disneyland soundtrack CD, and.... um, nevermind....

Done this from the parking garage - well for believe anyway. Great show, you can see the fireworks being launched from behind toontown.

DisneyFan25863
11-19-2003, 08:57 PM
From the Gas Station (is it Mobile?) on Disneyland Drive. Very Cool :)

Also ontop of the MAFPS

Polar33
11-19-2003, 09:24 PM
I've watched Believe from the Katella CM lot, many times. I just find a nice parking spot pointed towards Toontown and I'm all set. I even get the soundtrack courtesy of my scanner. It's like a drive-in Believe; it can't get any better than that.

I've also watched from the parking structure a few times, and once from the McDonalds on Harbor. I've always wondered what the view would be like watching from Ball Rd. at the Ball/Cast Place stoplight.

AVP
11-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Once upon a time, when I had an annual pass that had *gasp* Blackout Dates, I used to watch the fireworks from the parking lot outside the (now closed) Baskin Robbins on Brookhurst at Ball.

Thank goodness THAT nonsense only lasted one year!

We also watched the fireworks from the grassy strip in front of the Sheraton on Ball, right across from TDA.

Driving on the 5 during the fireworks is spectacular - if the bursts don't thrill you, the people driving off the side of the freeway because they aren't watching the road are sure to get your adrenaline going.

AVP

junglejoy
11-19-2003, 11:21 PM
We had a great view from our room at HoJo's. But they sure were loud! :eek:

Sophie832
11-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Just recently, I watched the holiday fireworks from Disney Way, kind of in front of an entrance to the Disney parking lot there. It was nice, of course there was no music.

Watching from the top of the parking structure is fantastic! It sounds like guns going off, with the fireworks being so close, and all the car alarms get set off. I do know people who sync the Believe CD in their car, to the fireworks, so it's not that unusual (well, at least amongst Disney freaks).

I've seen parts of the show from the 5, but I've always wanted to pull over in the emergency lane (next to the carpool), and watch it from there. I guess a cop would stop and ask questions, though, and describing my Disney obsession to him probably wouldn't fly. :fez:

mlnreplyer
11-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by AVP
We also watched the fireworks from the grassy strip in front of the Sheraton on Ball, right across from TDA.

I've been there. Very nice.

No music, though.

JazzBaby
11-20-2003, 12:57 PM
I like the area in Downtown Disney, across from the Lego Store...go between the pin cart and the pearl cart (back to the Legos).