PDA

View Full Version : "Celebration of the Season” Passholder Anniversary Event – November 17. 2015

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
11-02-2015, 05:11 PM
http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/220704-2/Christmas+Fantasy+Parade-8.jpg

If your Disneyland Resort annual passport expires between November 22, 2015 and January 30, 2016, be on the lookout for an invitation to a special annual passholder event. Targeted at passholders with soon-to-expire passes, and event is a continuation of a series of events designed to improve passholder renewal and retention rates.

The after-hours, holiday-themed event will be held at Disneyland on Tuesday, November 17. It starts at 10:00 p.m., and runs until 2:00 a.m., which is really inconvenient for passholders who have school, jobs or young children.

If your pass expires during the target window, visit the Annual Passholder website (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passholder-anniversary-invitation-event/) to register for the event. Registration officially opened on October 29th, but it seems the invitations have just begun to arrive by mail today.

[Update: apparently the registration website isn't working, so you have to call (714) 781-PASS to register by phone until the website issue is resolved]

Eligible passholders can invite up to five annual passholder guests regardless of whether the guests' passes expire during the same window. Be prepared with the names and pass numbers of your guests, as you must provide those while registering Registration closes November 16, 2015.

Here's the info from the website:

In honor of your upcoming Passholder anniversary, we’re throwing a party… and you’re invited!

Our “Celebration of the Season” is a chance for Annual Passholders to take in exclusive nighttime entertainment throughout Disneyland Park. The event features a holly-jolly lineup of special experiences, including Character Greetings and seasonal surprises as well as an opportunity to enjoy select attractions, dining and merchandise locations until 2:00 AM. Please join us for a magical evening at the Merriest Place on Earth!

From everyone here at the Disneyland Resort, we hope you've enjoyed your Annual Passholder benefits and look forward to spreading some yuletide cheer at this holiday spectacular!

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Time: 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Who: Invited Passholders with passes expiring between November 22, 2015 and January 30, 2016

All Guests must be registered in advance to attend the “Celebration of the Season” Anniversary Event. To register, please complete the following steps:

Add Annual Passholders—list each individual Passholder who will be attending. Please note: registration is only valid for Guests added during this step. Guests cannot be added to your party at a later time.
Select the event, date and time, and then submit your request.
View and print your confirmation page. This will be required at the event.

*Nala*
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Trying to appreciate the irony as my 3 year old received an invitation for this party that starts at 10pm.

Nightwing
11-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Long wait time on the phone... Fingers crossed!

Just hope its not all booked out! O_O

Nightwing
11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Yea!!!! Took a while but got it!!!!! ^_^

PS: The CM did acknowledge that the web site is having problems...

olegc
11-02-2015, 07:10 PM
There they go again. Vague descriptions and an ample use of the "magic" words.

Janis and Aaron
11-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Isn't this much later than last year's AP retention event? We attended that one and left a little early, but there was no way we could have gone if it was that late last time. We'll be skipping this one with a modicum of regret. Last year's event wasn't that special, but I'm a sucker for anything that's AP-only.

Nightwing
11-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Think it was also 4 hours from 8 to 12?

And a short time on announcement of it.

Just check the mail and there it was! ^_^

tea4two
11-02-2015, 10:18 PM
...It starts at 10:00 p.m., and runs until 2:00 a.m., which is really inconvenient for passholders who have school, jobs or young children...

And for those who have business trips the next day! Sigh...

Nightwing
11-03-2015, 12:22 AM
And for those who have business trips the next day! Sigh...

I was so wasted the next day. And think I started around 12PM that day and went through 11:40. -_-

Drince88
11-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Do premiers get invitations?

cstephens
11-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Since this is after Season of the Force starts, I wonder if the Star Wars Launch Bay will be open. That would be a great opportunity.

olegc
11-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Since this is after Season of the Force starts, I wonder if the Star Wars Launch Bay will be open. That would be a great opportunity.

ooh, great point. any extras anyone ;-)

my suggestions for all is , if its open and its on your "must do" list, then you should get in the line at the start of the party time (i.e. get in the park early, get your wristband, go stand in line). this way at least you get that opportunity.

pinksand
11-03-2015, 04:05 PM

Should be open to all AP levels; I'm a premier and I got an invitation. I never have in the past for the AP renewal events.

Malcon10t
11-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Yes, got ours today.

Drince88
11-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Yes, got ours today.

I thought you guys were premium, not premier. (I'm talking WDW/DL AP that often has 'issues'!)

Racingstripe123
11-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Sounds like it should be great fun and I'm actually able to accommodate the random Tuesday overnight timing! If anyone has any extra openings I'd love to 'be your guest' for the registration process. I genuinely appreciate the opportunity if you have room or aren't going.

cstephens
11-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered and looking forward to the party. It's the first of these that I'm able to attend.

Malcon10t
11-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I thought you guys were premium, not premier. (I'm talking WDW/DL AP that often has 'issues'!)Premier.... Yes, I know.

Nightwing
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Registered and looking forward to the party. It's the first of these that I'm able to attend.

Of all the AP parties and specials have attended since I got mine. Last years was my favorite one. Must have been seeing and getting my pix with Uncle Scrooge! ^_^

cstephens
11-05-2015, 04:59 AM
Of all the AP parties and specials have attended since I got mine. Last years was my favorite one. Must have been seeing and getting my pix with Uncle Scrooge! ^_^

I think my favorite in recent years was a couple years ago, when they had some AP nights where they had a private viewing of Soundsational, and then they had a few of the floats and performers out on Main Street. That was pretty awesome.

But, I am really looking forward to this one, as indications are that the Star Wars Launch Bay will likely be open for the event. I'm going to be there on Monday when it starts but it'll be a smaller crowd during this party. And I'm just excited that the timing is working where I can attend one. Nice of Disney to schedule the party on the night when I'm taking the next day off anyway - a few of us are seeing the final installment of Hunger Games on Wednesday afternoon and evening during a double feature of Mockingjay parts 1 and 2. The movies, this party, the start of Season of the Force and the Avengers race weekend is going to make for a very busy seven days.

Nightwing
11-05-2015, 03:10 PM
I must thank Mouse Planet and esp to AVP for posting it. ^_^ Have not seen anywhere else this was listed!

cstephens
11-18-2015, 02:46 AM
Had a fun time at the party. Arrived shortly before 9pm and met up with the rest of my party. We went on Star Tours and Hyperspace Mountain before the event officially started since not everyone had been on both rides. Then, it was time to get something to eat. I finally had the chili mac and cheese and bacon hot dog. Yum. We went to ride the Mark Twain at night since it's been a really long time since that's been offered. Oh, and the Jambalaya Jazz band was on the boat too. And we discovered that the Columbia was available as well. I have never seen there be an opportunity for an evening ride on the Columbia, so we did that as well. So cool.

We then went over to the meet and greet for the Country Bears. Then we headed to Jolly Holiday as some wanted a little dessert. We sat for a while, and then it was 2am and time to leave. At the exit, they were handing out red ornaments with the annual passholder logo.

All in all, a fun night.

Nightwing
11-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Actually enjoyed this more than the one last year... Odd to say but spent most of last years AP Party in line for the Scrooge McDuck M&G. Arrived about 2. Got my wrist band. Later got the bag with the candy and cards. Think I visited both parks about 8 times on Tuesday. Did visit the newly open Season of the Force area. Got just the photo pix inside. ( No characters ) Was a blast! Met a CM friend I know in DCA.

Left around 11:40 after the Snow fell in Main street!

Looks like they took some notes from The July 17 birthday and the Haloween parties on organization of the event. Like it a lot!

Did feel like a lot more people this year than last.

cstephens
11-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Did feel like a lot more people this year than last.

I haven't been to any of the other AP renewal parties, but I'm wondering if more people were inclined to attend this event because of the timing. Being the day after Season of the Force opened was probably an incentive to a lot of people, and while I know some weren't happy with the later hours this time, there might have been more people like me, who would have to take off from work early to attend the regular parties since they started earlier, but who could leave work at the normal time to make it in time for this party. I heard at least one group while I was entering the park say they were happy with the later hours, that when they'd attended a previous party, the party was half over by the time they could make it there.

Nightwing
11-21-2015, 11:01 AM
I haven't been to any of the other AP renewal parties, but I'm wondering if more people were inclined to attend this event because of the timing. Being the day after Season of the Force opened was probably an incentive to a lot of people, and while I know some weren't happy with the later hours this time, there might have been more people like me, who would have to take off from work early to attend the regular parties since they started earlier, but who could leave work at the normal time to make it in time for this party. I heard at least one group while I was entering the park say they were happy with the later hours, that when they'd attended a previous party, the party was half over by the time they could make it there.

Add in this may be the last AP Party for some...

Like the later time myself! And did not get stress like last year. Had a ball before the party.