PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Candlelight narrator rumors:

AVP
11-02-2015, 09:07 AM
If the (reliably sourced) rumors are true, Disneyland's 2015 Candlelight Processional will be narrated on Saturday, December 5 by actress Geena Davis, and on Sunday, December 6 by Once Upon a Time actress Lana Parrilla.

Davis has narrated the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, but this would be her first time behind the podium at Disneyland. This would be Parrilla's first time to narrate the show at either Disney resort.

Sources tell us the show has been revamped for this year, with new songs and arrangements. The performances are at 5:30 and 7:45 each night; with the second show bumped by 15 minutes this year to allow time for the Paint the Night parade to run between shows.

Disney has not yet made any official announcements regarding the 2015 Candlelight event, and everything should be considered rumor until confirmed.

stan4d_steph
11-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Paint the Night BETWEEN Candlelight performances? Holy traffic nightmare.

olegc
11-02-2015, 10:24 AM

and would this mean that Mack has to make that tight left turn to go to the parade gate in Town Square? or do they plan on pulling chairs and then putting them back along the street in front of the train station. Hmmm.. It will be an interesting (and possible debacle) to watch.

tea4two
11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
And if El Nino decides to kick in that weekend, the whole thing will be moot...

corona
11-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Where do see that Paint the Night will run between performances of the Candlelight Processional?
On disney.com, the times are 8:50 and 10:45 for those two nights.

AVP
11-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Where do see that Paint the Night will run between performances of the Candlelight Processional?
On disney.com, the times are 8:50 and 10:45 for those two nights.

Actually, that was MY error, misreading something I received, and I'm in the process of fixing it.

and would this mean that Mack has to make that tight left turn to go to the parade gate in Town Square? or do they plan on pulling chairs and then putting them back along the street in front of the train station. Hmmm.. It will be an interesting (and possible debacle) to watch.But yes, Mac will still have to make that turn - there is too much electrical run across the street in front of the train station, and I can't imagine they could possibly pull it in time.

AVP

currence
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Any chance they will run the parade without Mac for the night - or does that mess the timing of everything else up too much?

olegc
11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Any chance they will run the parade without Mac for the night - or does that mess the timing of everything else up too much?
It's such an iconic piece Mac and the bass drum have been in so many promo pix its tough to pull it - even when the whole side panel is not working (10/23)